IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

7 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Someone mentioned that a title was added to the GB in the past couple days.  What was it?

I read that post and made that same mistake :)

the post really said that another "freebie" had been added........took me a while to work it out 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, simon said:

I read that post and made that same mistake :)

the post really said that another "freebie" had been added........took me a while to work it out 

And here I thought it was a time plugin!

We all know that we don't have the time to learn all of this software! 🤣

So I will end up with at least 12 promotions left over.  Basically the only choice would be duplicate licenses.  You really don't need duplicate licenses anymore. Maybe they will throw something different in at $49.   If someone was new to all of this DAW madness the choices for investing $49 is great.

I thought this would be the only GB to blow off having TS Max but not this time.

• Haha 1

I was comparing an upgrade to Total Studio 3 MAX from my Total Studio 2 MAX to this 25th anniversary  deal.

I have already picked up some of the items that are in 3 MAX such as the Sunset Sound reverb. TRacks 5 MAX is in both packages. I would be getting Amplitube 5 MAX over 4 MAX, although I have Amplitube 5 SE.

I don't have the tape machines which are all included in TS 3 MAX. I already have ARC 3 with the mic and Lurssen Mastering console. Somehow I wound up with Spaceport 77'. I must have bought it separate since it isn't in  Total Studio 2 MAX. I have Sample Tank 4 MAX. I must have bought that separately as well since it isn't part of Total Studio 2 MAX. I'm missing some of the Syntronic stuff that's included in Total Studio 3 MAX.

I have alternate tape machines from other makers but wouldn't mind having the ones in this deal. The B3 Organ isn't in anything I already have. I didn't see either Electromagnetik or Mixbox in either version of Total Studio MAX.

To compare the two deals- Upgrade to Total Studio 3 MAX from 2 MAX is 499.00 US. I would actually be getting the same by doing this deal  for 199.00 single product and getting the additional products. I think the deal slightly favors guitarists over keys players because of the more expensive amp models in the deal. Not that it isn't also a deal for key players.

From what I have been able to tell the Total Studio MAX title isn't really a unified shell. It's simply a larger collection of products. IOW you still download and operate programs separately. This makes looking at a MAX upgrade less attractive than single product deals. What this means is in the future, if IK offers a MAX upgrade sale most of us will have all of the products already. This seems slightly confusing to me but I realize it's just the way things are presented and packaged. If I could somehow unify all of my purchases under a MAX 3 it might make things more organized.  I see it possibly making that larger package less appealing in the future. Same as NI offering KOMPLETE but you only gain a few instruments that you could buy separate unless you waited 10 years to upgrade.

This marketing stuff really throws me for a loop lol. I will essentially have MAX 3 without the name plus a few extras for a little under 2 bills.....I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

This marketing stuff really throws me for a loop lol. I will have MAX 3 without the name plus a few extras for a little under 2 bills.....I think.

Go back in time on the Forum to hear our fearless leader's (CC Larry) rant about having the TSM2 equivalent but no love on an upgrade path!!!

The real value to me has been similar to my only gambling experience in Vegas: went with a buddy and brought $40 to limit my losses.  I spent NINE hours at a blackjack table and ate, drank, and got chased away by the pit boss when I was dealt FOUR ACES in one hand.  I had to ask others at the table for help as I had no idea what to do and ultimately lost exactly $40.  Coming back to the topic, I just spent the last two months and 160 pages of forum magic getting to the TSM3 equivalent that I would have otherwise ignored had I upgraded to TSM3!!!!  I love this forum.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jake Waidelich said:

Maybe I'll get Saturator X for my next freebie. I tried Tape Machine 80 on a few tracks and my computer was less than thrilled...

Just to make sure I cover the basics since I often skip right over them (my bad), when you use something like our tape machines, are you setting your buffer size to a larger value?  Since our tape machines and some of our other processors are meant for mixing and/or mastering purposes, you'd typically want to go pretty large on the buffer size which can help performance and will not have other impact since you are not tracking directly with them.  Those tape machines are definitely not meant for real-time tracking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Just to make sure I cover the basics since I often skip right over them (my bad), when you use something like our tape machines, are you setting your buffer size to a larger value?  Since our tape machines and some of our other processors are meant for mixing and/or mastering purposes, you'd typically want to go pretty large on the buffer size which can help performance and will not have other impact since you are not tracking directly with them.  Those tape machines are definitely not meant for real-time tracking.

^^ this is good tip.

FWIW.. I usually have IK taps disabled on the master bus when working or recording. I only turn it on when mixing and my buffer size is usually set 512 or higher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I was comparing an upgrade to Total Studio 3 MAX from my Total Studio 2 MAX to this 25th anniversary  deal.

I'm more or less in the same boat.

First thing to note is that there are a few items in this Group Buy that aren't in TS3M because they were released after TS3M came out, like SampleTron 2.

There is a version comparison at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=versions#compare however, it isn't entirely clear regarding whether there are some instruments in Sampletank 4 MAX that are not available by getting Sampletank 4 + Alternate Keys + Clavitube + L.A. Confidential + Hitmaker: EDM + Hitmaker: Reggaeton + Hitmaker: Synthwave + Hitmaker: Trap + Spaceport '77.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:40 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll double check my actual settings, but I know my buffer is higher for mixing than recording. I only tried it on one project so far, and I put it on 3 busses. I generally use a tape machine and console plugin on every track without any issues and am thinking Saturator X might do that job in one. 

EDIT: @Peter - IK Multimedia I checked and my playback and recording buffers were both set to 256. Either I haven't had any issues because this is a dedicated machine that I've been using since mid-summer, or my settings reverted back to original default... I've had to reinstall my Focusrite driver more than once. Anyways,  thanks for the reminder to DOUBLE CHECK BUFFER SETTINGS.

Edited by Jake Waidelich
Checked settings
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I'm more or less in the same boat.

First thing to note is that there are a few items in this Group Buy that aren't in TS3M because they were released after TS3M came out, like SampleTron 2.

There is a version comparison at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=versions#compare however, it isn't entirely clear regarding whether there are some instruments in Sampletank 4 MAX that are not available by getting Sampletank 4 + Alternate Keys + Clavitube + L.A. Confidential + Hitmaker: EDM + Hitmaker: Reggaeton + Hitmaker: Synthwave + Hitmaker: Trap + Spaceport '77.

I right now own *everything* IKM (thanks GB),, including AXE I/O and iLoud MTMs, but the only MAX I actually own today is ST4MAX. And thus it's the only thing that may help me to get to Total Studio MAX 4 when it comes out. And even that will just more or less get me where I am today for "money for (almost) nothing" unless they introduce 4 new amp sims, 6 more synths, a slew of libs and some FX's. It'll probably cost me $499 to go TSM4 but I would finally be on the MAX train.  <groans>

• Like 3