IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I picked up Sampletron 2 in the GB

It comes with a new set of samples but doesn't seem to include the Sampletron 1 samples that I have available in Sampletank 4

does anybody know any way to add these so that I can use them in the Sampletron 2 'engine' ?

you can only have 1 sample path in the Sampletron 2 preferences.

53 minutes ago, simon said:

I picked up Sampletron 2 in the GB

It comes with a new set of samples but doesn't seem to include the Sampletron 1 samples that I have available in Sampletank 4

does anybody know any way to add these so that I can use them in the Sampletron 2 'engine' ?

you can only have 1 sample path in the Sampletron 2 preferences.

I think you go to the custom shop and refresh purchases. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I think you go to the custom shop and refresh purchases. 

thanks - it's not that they aren't licensed.

The samples and presets are not in the Sampletron path - I'm not even sure if ST4 presets/samples  'can' be loaded in Sampletron ? - obviously the other way round isn't an issue.

10 hours ago, mibby said:

Whoop! Happy daze!!!  🤪

Oh Yeah ! Life is Good!!! 🤗

7 hours ago, abacab said:

I would say a definite yes to Saturator X, as it show a reasonably low CPU load on my system (4%). I suppose it's something that you could insert on all tracks, if desired. I like the lunchbox style module that IKM has employed in ST4, and Mixbox, but the full T-RackS version has more options.

However, the tape machines show an avg 19% CPU load each,  so they are definitely something to be used on a separate bus, or even just as mastering tools. And Zo really likes the 24 for his kind of music. Can't argue with that, but the whole Tape collection offers something for diverse material. And they have an uncanny ability to "glue" things together. Saturation and harmonic distortion... :)

abacab ,

I get what your saying .  I did go with the Saturator X , plus the Mix Buss Compressor for now . This still leaves me 2 promo slots to fill at the current GB tally .

Yeah , If they add more plugs due the G B numbers getting larger we can all  get more promo's ....I'm interested enough still to have the desire to pick up one of the Tape Machine plugs . The truth is I'm up to my eyeballs in learning curve with the plugs I have now 🤣

thanks ...

Kenny

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Interesting. I only have the "full" Philharmonik 2, thinking that CE was just a subset. Does it make sense getting Philharmonik 2 CE too?

No not really needed. If you want it for a sketchpad sort of thing on a laptop since it is a freebie.

Hi. Is anyone else having problems with the IK Product Manager. I'm trying to download sounds for SampleTank 4 to an SSD. The error message I get is "not enough space to download sounds" and yet SampleTank 4 needs 88GB and my SSD has more than 700GB of space. I am using the "more options" option to direct the download to the SSD and for some of the smaller downloads ( SampleTank SE for example ) this works fine. Any ideas? ( and apologies if this is already covered somewhere in this very long thread!)

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! 

We'll kind of. But let's not go down that rabbit hole! 🐇🐰 It's just that it has been a few hours since the last freebie and I didn't post the update to the 'guess the number of freebies' yet!

Ok, I have to cross some nice people from the list again! 🥺

@kevin H along with the most helpful guy promoting this GB,  @Peter - IK Multimedia! You have helped us all, thanks mate!   

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20

Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Haha 2

I just tried Saturator X this morning. Although some will argue that it is a totally different beast than the tape machines, I like it a lot! In tape mode it retains more of the high end and enhances it. It is much, much easier to use for someone not familiar with the inner workings of a tape machine and it is barely using any CPU. A winner for me!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! 

We'll kind of. But let's not go down that rabbit hole! 🐇🐰 It's just that it has been a few hours since the last freebie and I didn't post the update to the 'guess the number of freebies' yet!

Ok, I have to cross some nice people from the list again! 🥺

@kevin H along with the most helpful guy promoting this GB,  @Peter - IK Multimedia! You have helped us all, thanks mate!   

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20

Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

Godspeed to Eusebio & Jacques.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IainThompson said:

Hi. Is anyone else having problems with the IK Product Manager. I'm trying to download sounds for SampleTank 4 to an SSD. The error message I get is "not enough space to download sounds" and yet SampleTank 4 needs 88GB and my SSD has more than 700GB of space. I am using the "more options" option to direct the download to the SSD and for some of the smaller downloads ( SampleTank SE for example ) this works fine. Any ideas? ( and apologies if this is already covered somewhere in this very long thread!)

The install to location is different than the download folder location. The download folder location is specified in the Product Manager options and it is where the installation file are downloaded before they are installed. That is probably where you are short on space.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Great Idea 1

17 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The install to location is different than the download folder location. The download folder location is specified in the Product Manager options and it is where the installation file are downloaded before they are installed. That is probably whhort on space.

Correct.  For me, it is C:\Users\<my name>\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager as shown but you may also want to look in C:\Users\Public\ Public Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager folder which I think is the default?

BTW, this is also a great time to copy the .zip files to a backup drive so you don't have to pay IK $10 to renew downloads when they expire.

Capture.thumb.JPG.509d1d41f3bae9448144ebcf218571ca.JPG

Edited by Fwrend

9 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The install to location is different than the download folder location. The download folder location is specified in the Product Manager options and it is where the installation file are downloaded before they are installed. That is probably where you are short on space.

Yep, what Doug said. ^^^

And the file has to download AND unzip before it can be installed, so that requires at least 2x the size of the download file.

Make sure that you have ample space on the drive where the IK Product Manager has its download folder. I download to my boot drive, which has 200GB free, and then delete install files after the install to my 'D:' drive has been completed.

57 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I just tried Saturator X this morning. Although some will argue that it is a totally different beast than the tape machines, I like it a lot! In tape mode it retains more of the high end and enhances it. It is much, much easier to use for someone not familiar with the inner workings of a tape machine and it is barely using any CPU. A winner for me!

MODE: this control lets you select the electronics type whose saturation behavior is modeled.
Available modes are:
• TAPE 1: this mode reproduces the classic character and high frequency compression of an analog
tape machine reaching saturation when pushed above normal recording levels. It can also an provide a
good amount of added RMS and loudness level to finished mixes to make them sound fuller and “more
complete” if slightly overdriven. More pronounced gain can provide a beautiful overload effect on many
kinds of individual tracks including drums and vocals, and it can also keep the high frequency content
under control.
• TAPE 2: similar to Tape 1 in terms of typical uses, this mode reproduces a more “Lo-Fi” analog tape
response with more pronounced distortion and high frequency roll-off. It can be very effective in creating
bold sonic enhancements to individual tracks or stems.
• MASTER +6dB: this is a digitally-recreated soft saturation curve that can be very useful when mastering
finished tracks to add RMS level and “body” to a somewhat weak-sounding mix. If used gently, it adds
a nice shine to every mix. If pushed harder, it becomes more suitable for individual tracks to make them
sound bigger.
• MASTER + 12dB: this is similar to Master +6dB but with a more pronounced soft-saturation curve to
make the effect even more prominent.
• TUBE - PUSH PULL: this mode produces classic tube saturation with odd harmonics added by the
symmetrical clipping of the Push/Pull electronics. This creates a punchy distortion that can make
everything sound warmer if used lightly or with an aggressive edge when pushed.
• TUBE - CLASS A: this mode produces tube saturation with more even harmonics added by the
asymmetry of the Class A design. When used gently on stems or a finished mix, it adds a beautiful
“halo” to the audio that is processed, definitely making it sound more analog. When pushed, the
asymmetrical characteristic of Class A produce an uncontrolled distortion that sometimes sounds more
interesting than Push/Pull.
• SOLID STATE - PUSH PULL: same as the Tube mode, but with the more aggressive character of the
solid state circuitry. This mode is best used when transients need to be preserved.
• SOLID STATE - CLASS A: same as the Tube mode but with the more aggressive character of the solid
state circuitry. This mode adds the same kind of magic “halo” the Tube Class A provides but with a more
defined transient response.
• TRANSFORMER - IRON: this mode reproduces the very subtle color of iron core transformer harmonic
enhancement which features less even harmonics. This mode adds a very gentle and subtle saturation
adding an slight amount of distortion. For this reason. this mode is not useful for creative distortion effects
and is best used for adding just a touch of color to tracks, stems or finished mixes. Since this mode is not
clipping the audio, it can also be used to get a very nice pumping effect from the brickwall limiter when
pushed really hard.
• TRANSFORMER - STEEL: this mode reproduces steel core transformer behavior. The difference with the
iron is that it provides almost equal amount of odd and even harmonic enhancement. This mode adds
a very gentle saturation introducing only a slight amount of distortion. For this reason, this mode is not useful
for creative distortion effects and is best used for adding just a touch of color to tracks, stems or finished mixes.
Since this mode is not clipping the audio, it can also be used to get a very nice pumping effect from the brick wall
limiter when pushed really hard.

^^  I use it on single tracks because it's much less resource hungry than  IK tapes plugin. I use steel mode the most.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I knew you guys would sort me out! Spot on Doug .... I have now redirected the download to the SSD and it is now working.