IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

14 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Any one want to help give me some input ?  Which 2 out of this list are the most useful got to have T Racks plugs  .

I pretty much have the whole  enchilada except for these .

Bus Compressor . EQ PA . EQ PB . EQ PG . Saturator X
Tape Machine 24 . Tape Machine 440 .Tape Machine 80 .Tape Machine 99 .

thanks in advance

Kenny

If you're mixing for yourself then you definitely wouldn't want to miss the Bus Compression. It's great.

And my personal favorite tape machine for color is:

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

Yes. Now the wait until the new Promotion "Available" buttons show up to select the freebis(s)! Given it's a Sunday, by tomorrow?

Immediately! Pick away! 

I'm just sad because I'm almost done picking everything so far...  I'm down to the Tape Machines and the Amplitude Fulltone Collection.  😁

11 minutes ago, chris.r said:

If you're mixing for yourself then you definitely wouldn't want to miss the Bus Compression. It's great.

And my personal favorite tape machine for color is:

Can't see your video Chris...    😕

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mibby said:

Immediately! Pick away! 

I'm just sad because I'm almost done picking everything so far...  I'm down to the Tape Machines and the Amplitude Fulltone Collection.  😁

If That's the case, then I will file a problem Support Ticket with IK Sales/Promo Support Team. I will do a seperate post here to alert to a problem.

8 hours ago, Zargg said:

Hi Kenny.

Saturator X has become my new saturation plugin since the day I got it. I think it is very good 🤘

I've got the rest, but haven't tried them out yet, so can't comment on them.

All the best.

Hi Zargg I have been thinking about getting the Saturator X  pretty seriously .

thank you for your  recommendation .

8 hours ago, mibby said:

That's probably the case for a bunch of us!  I have Kenny's the top row now too but haven't tried them all. I'm deciding on which Tape plugins myself too. From what I gather, most like the 80 and the 24. (?)  But another freebie or two and I won't HAVE to decide!  ;)

mibby ! , They added another promo plug to the GB today . Yay ! now we all have a little more wiggle room .

8 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I have 24 and 80. They are a bit heavy on the cpu. This precludes doing something like putting 24 on every track and 80 on the master bus to simulate a complete setup. That would make the tape effect additive and more noticeable. I have tried both of these on the master bus only and the effect is pretty subtle if not driven hard enough. I guess you must know what you are doing with the controls (bias, tape speed, tape formulation, etc) to achieve the correct enhancing effect.

If you have a powerful machine you may be able to get better result than I did.

I didn't try Saturator X yet, but it seems easier to use. And as @Zargg mentioned it seems to sound very good. Since it's an older plugin, it's probably easier on the cpu too.

Hello Jacques Boileau ,

In my situation I'm running a not so powerful machine . From your feedback it sounds like I may be able to run the tape machine plug OK in T Racks standalone as part of a chain ....not as a Plug in Cakewalk ( due to having a ton of other plugs going on in my mix  in real time ) I'm still interested in the Tape Machines I haven't ruled it out but since  Saturator X has been on my short list I may grab it sooner rather than later and leave a slot or 2 open for usable suggestions that may fit my needs as things are .

thank you so much for your concise review .

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Definitely the Saturator X.

I have all 4 Tape machines now, but haven't really used enough to write a review. Here's a couple of reviews posted a couple years ago... 

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-tape-machine-collection-from-ikmultimedia/

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/ik-multimedia-t-racks-tape-machine-collection

If I had to pick just 1, I'd probably start with the Tape Machine 80, a replica of the Studer A80, with tape speeds of 15 and 30 ips. The 440 and 99 run at 7.5 and 15 ips, so may have more of a warmer, vintage character.

And then there is Zo's video!

Hi abacab !

That's it ! I can't take it no more ..😅between you and all of the other fine members here that were kind enough to help me pick out a "I need plug "rather than a "I want plug " 

I finally got the memo and just added the Saturator X plug to my TRacks  while I am on here right now typing up my replies

A cool thing too is   IK added another plug today into the GB , That means I still have the same amount of promo plugs available I started with when I asked for help in this thread 

Man this is SWEEET!  this IK G B is just like having a Genie that gives you way more than 3 wishes .

thanks every one  I'll be back here after I run my chores

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3

This issue has been resolved. Some Promo lines allow for seperate selections for each Group Buy when at different price levels. That explains why the "Available" count appeared to be incorrect, i.e. one Promo line = Two promo selections!.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a possible problem in using the Available Promotions options on the IK "Promotions" Page.

Since I had two Group Buys, each a different price level, I tapped an "Available" Button to get to the next page which shows the max price for selections available. Without making any selection, and thereby obviously not "Confirming" a selection on the page that would follow making a selection, I backed out back to the Promotions page, and quickly noticed that the "Available" button on that line did not reset, but showed "Downloaded". I had done this once before on my first Group Buy, but didn't notice Available did not get reset because of all the other Promo lines. However, when I did the same process today, I counted the number of Available buttons before tapping one. Then when I backed out, it was not getting reset!

I just filed a Support request to IK-US Sales/Promotions team explaining the possible problem in detail, and asking if they can provide a reconciliataion between the Promos made available and which products were selected (or downloaded/registered) I did a reconcile against the "My Products" page and correcting for the Original products ordered on the two Group Buys, indeed finding I'm two products short.

If anyone knows ( @Peter - IK Multimedia ) of a better way to reconcile Promos to actual products ordered, please post, otherwise need to wait for a response from Support.

Edited by NOLAGuy
Issue Resolved
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I guess the only reason for me to enter this group buy is to get the Cinekinetik instruments and those other ones.   So that would be 8 libraries for $49?  That would also be 12 free that can't be fulfilled.  I have the latest Total Studio.

Cinekinetik is way cool! Don't miss that one!

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Hi abacab !

That's it ! I can't take it no more ..😅between you and all of the other fine members here that were kind enough to help me pick out a "I need plug "rather than a "I want plug " 

I finally got the memo and just added the Saturator X plug to my TRacks  while I am on here right now typing up my replies

A cool thing too is   IK added another plug today into the GB , That means I still have the same amount of promo plugs available I started with when I asked for help in this thread 

Man this is SWEEET!  this IK G B is just like having a Genie that gives you way more than 3 wishes .

thanks every one  I'll be back here after I run my chores

Kenny

I would say a definite yes to Saturator X, as it show a reasonably low CPU load on my system (4%). I suppose it's something that you could insert on all tracks, if desired. I like the lunchbox style module that IKM has employed in ST4, and Mixbox, but the full T-RackS version has more options.

However, the tape machines show an avg 19% CPU load each,  so they are definitely something to be used on a separate bus, or even just as mastering tools. And Zo really likes the 24 for his kind of music. Can't argue with that, but the whole Tape collection offers something for diverse material. And they have an uncanny ability to "glue" things together. Saturation and harmonic distortion... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I guess the only reason for me to enter this group buy is to get the Cinekinetik instruments and those other ones.   So that would be 8 libraries for $49?  That would also be 12 free that can't be fulfilled.  I have the latest Total Studio.

I think that is probably worth it. I just get into the sampletank instruments via this sale. The newer IKM instruments Cinekinetik  and Electromagnetik are the best sounding. Really good stuff. I am also getting the hang of Sampletank. Interesting tool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Less if you use some Jam Points 😃