IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Any one want to help give me some input ?  Which 2 out of this list are the most useful got to have T Racks plugs  .

I pretty much have the whole  enchilada except for these .

Bus Compressor . EQ PA . EQ PB . EQ PG . Saturator X
Tape Machine 24 . Tape Machine 440 .Tape Machine 80 .Tape Machine 99 .

thanks in advance

Kenny

Hi Kenny.

Saturator X has become my new saturation plugin since the day I got it. I think it is very good 🤘

I've got the rest, but haven't tried them out yet, so can't comment on them.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zargg said:

Hi Kenny.

Saturator X has become my new saturation plugin since the day I got it. I think it is very good 🤘

I've got the rest, but haven't tried them out yet, so can't comment on them.

All the best.

That's probably the case for a bunch of us!  I have Kenny's the top row now too but haven't tried them all. I'm deciding on which Tape plugins myself too. From what I gather, most like the 80 and the 24. (?)  But another freebie or two and I won't HAVE to decide!  ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Any one want to help give me some input ?  Which 2 out of this list are the most useful got to have T Racks plugs  .

thanks in advance

Kenny

I have 24 and 80. They are a bit heavy on the cpu. This precludes doing something like putting 24 on every track and 80 on the master bus to simulate a complete setup. That would make the tape effect additive and more noticeable. I have tried both of these on the master bus only and the effect is pretty subtle if not driven hard enough. I guess you must know what you are doing with the controls (bias, tape speed, tape formulation, etc) to achieve the correct enhancing effect.

If you have a powerful machine you may be able to get better result than I did.

I didn't try Saturator X yet, but it seems easier to use. And as @Zargg mentioned it seems to sound very good. Since it's an older plugin, it's probably easier on the cpu too.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1

Talking about the Tape Machines: maybe someone who has any of the Tape Machines  can tell me if they have a feature I could make use of--the ability to play back from a playback head while recording (and re-recording) with the record head located before the playback head.  I read the descriptions but didn't see this feature.  Maybe its there and I missed it?

Edited by User 905133

10 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

thanks in advance

Kenny

Definitely the Saturator X.

I have all 4 Tape machines now, but haven't really used enough to write a review. Here's a couple of reviews posted a couple years ago... 

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-tape-machine-collection-from-ikmultimedia/

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/ik-multimedia-t-racks-tape-machine-collection

If I had to pick just 1, I'd probably start with the Tape Machine 80, a replica of the Studer A80, with tape speeds of 15 and 30 ips. The 440 and 99 run at 7.5 and 15 ips, so may have more of a warmer, vintage character.

And then there is Zo's video!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Talking about the Tape Machines: maybe someone who has any of the Tape Machines  can tell me if they have a feature I could make use of--the ability to play back from a playback head while recording (and re-recording) with the record head located before the playback head.  I read the descriptions but didn't see this feature.  Maybe its there and I missed it?

nope. its a saturation plugin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 to go.

And I just want to add that I hate IK Multimedia and Peter. Because of this sale, I hád to choose plugins I wouldn't normally pick; amps. And because I didn't have a good use for it, I had to buy an electrtic guitar. So now I have that, but I can't play. Are there any guitar lessons in this group buy?

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5