IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

9 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Is Mic Room plugin of any use if none of my microphones are in the list? I have a Rode NT1 and a pair of Lewitt 140 Air condensers. Any of the choices in Mic room close enough to make Mic room usable?

The IKM MEMS Mic for the ARC system software is also compatible with Mic Room.

• Like 4

I bought SampleTank 3 Total Studio MAX 2 last December.  I never downloaded the samples except the basics - didn't know they expired. If I buy a download do I get this set or is it one library at a time? The other option is to get them with the freebies - Or upgrade to Sample Tank 4.

Thanks

Edited by Max Arwood
added info

5 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I bought SampleTank 3 Total Studio MAX 2 last December.  I never downloaded the samples except the basics - didn't know they expired. If I buy a download do I get this set or is it one library at a time? The other option is to get them with the freebies!

Thanks

It re-opens ALL your sound download for 6 months.

image.png.9b655ae9581d55ae411c0dbe63c4325d.png

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, bdickens said:

It's a microphone. What did you think?

Wow, no need to be rude about it. I asked someone representing IK if the MEMS mic was useful for anything else when it came out and they said "not really." Had figured it was just for calibration and not actually recording audio. But thanks to a few others here, though now I know. Yay!

31 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

+1 on Kenny's question about the tape machines

Consensus seems to be they're heavy on CPU but they sound great. For some reason, I seem to remember the great cclarry mention the 80 is his favorite. Not sure if that's accurate but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the early pages of this thread.

EDIT: Page 33 and the few pages that follow it have a bit of discussion about the IK tape machines. The most useful comment was this one where telecode mentions a few specific ones...

Edited by Luc
found extra info
  • Thanks 1

I have a few questions about License Transfers:

1. I have several people I'm thinking about giving my past purchased licenses too but haven't made up my mind. Can I just transfer them for now to another email address I own? I'm asking this question because it leads up to the next question.

2. If I transfer my B-3X and AmpliTube Leslie will that then allow me to choose them from the drop down lists of the Promo ? They're in the list but I can't choose them.

3. Both the above were crossgrade purchases - how does that play into IK License Transfers?

Thanks for any detail on this.

4 hours ago, Luc said:

Consensus seems to be they're heavy on CPU but they sound great. For some reason, I seem to remember the great cclarry mention the 80 is his favorite. Not sure if that's accurate but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the early pages of this thread.

EDIT: Page 33 and the few pages that follow it have a bit of discussion about the IK tape machines. The most useful comment was this one where telecode mentions a few specific ones...

Considering the high CPU ,  it seems The Tape Machine Plugs may be more suited for an end of mix type of deal  ....

Luc !Thanks for taking the time☺️

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

Any one want to help give me some input ?  Which 2 out of this list are the most useful got to have T Racks plugs  .

I pretty much have the whole  enchilada except for these .

Bus Compressor . EQ PA . EQ PB . EQ PG . Saturator X
Tape Machine 24 . Tape Machine 440 .Tape Machine 80 .Tape Machine 99 .

thanks in advance

Kenny

10 hours ago, Luc said:

The MEMS mic can be used for audio?

The mic is pretty low quality - it's a measurement mic.  I think, even with MIC ROOM the results would be pretty poor.  I'm struggling to think of an application where it might work ok ?

Basically don't buy the MEMS mic to use as a conventional mic - think of it as a (useless?) bonus if you have it for ARC.

If you have it then why not give it a try and let us know what you think ?

• Like 2