IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

7 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I have Philharmonik 2 CE and Philharmonik 2.  If you have Kontakt libraries you could pick up the CE version as a freebie for variety.    The new

SampleTank Instruments Cinekinetik I think is fantastic.  YMMV.  There is so much to pick from if you are a new customer.

7 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I agree, these were a very pleasant surprise, by far the best Sampletank content IMHO. I like Shipwreck Piano in particular but its all unique and good.

I am really not sure what to get for any further products. More EQs?  Possibly the Imperial Grand? I don't have much interest in the loop based stuff.

yup. agreed. i never really used sampletank until this week. i am mostly a kontakt user.  i am quite impressed  by sampletank. it has some cool tricks up its sleeve. the  Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik  are really good. i also picked up most of the drums. quite good and useful.

• Like 2

I guess it would be nice if I could select an upgrade as a freebie. Meaning, I have Sampletank SE, Amplitude SE and MODO bass SE, and the price difference  is in most cases just 50 for the normal version. OK Sampletank a bit more. But I haven't seen the option.

Thanks to all those who replied to my post yesterday asking about SampleTank. I went for the 4 version, rather and SE, so that should give me some options on the freebies. And of course you have one more for your count!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Is Mic Room plugin of any use if none of my microphones are in the list? I have a Rode NT1 and a pair of Lewitt 140 Air condensers. Any of the choices in Mic room close enough to make Mic room usable?

If you don't have any of the mics from the list, it's still useful when you need to double the same take and make it sound a little bit different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NOLAGuy said:

Just another FYI to check the Specs/requirements when selecting products during this 25th GB. MODO Drums needs support for AVX instructions.

I was too anxious to use some of my  40 group buy freebies and didn't check the Specs tab for MODO Drums until I tried to install it and got the error messages that my computer (AMD 6-core I5 w WIN10-64) doesn't support AVX instructions. So, stuck with one product that will have to sit on the shelf until I'm able to upgrade computers.  Also check specs for minimum RAM if you have less than 16Gb.

MODO drums works on my PC but not on my Dual Zenon MacPro.

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AVX has been supported by nearly all Intel processors since 2011 and AMD since the Jaguar family of processors in 2013.  Sounds odd that a modern AMD would not support it.

Yeah, I think I bought it in 2013, but the box could have been built 1-2 yrs before being purchased.  I got messaged by another poster that had the same problem in not checking the Specs on MODO Drums and unable to use it. The Installer routine flags it right at the start of the install, so you don't get remnants of an uninstalled program on your PC, which is good. Personally, I do not know how to check a PC to see if it has AVX , so would be helpful if IK would offer a link to a routine to check for it  in the Specs tab.. Not sure if MODO Drums is the only instrument that requires AVX, but IK does highlight the requirement in the Specs tab.

Unfortunately, some of us get overenthusiastic in taking advantage of the Group Buy, and just want to start downloading those goodies!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chris.r said:

If you don't have any of the mics from the list, it's still useful when you need to double the same take and make it sound a little bit different.

Nice idea, but if I run out of freebies and need to choose, I don't think this will make it then. Maybe next year GB! 🙂

Edited by Jacques Boileau