IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

40 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia   Care to give any clues on what IK will be using all this $$$ on for new products? 

We already have some great new products (software and hardware) in the works - hopefully some is going to be available sooner than one might expect.  We put a lot back into the company for expansion of our in-house manufacturing, getting hardware to model into software, research and development of current and new software, etc but we also had to take into consideration the component shortage and fun market/supply chain drama while the world goes a little bonkers.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2021 at 8:21 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

The path I was refering to is the path where the downloads are done. I have moved that around for sound downloads to another drive, but now it is back at it's default for now. I thought I was done with sound downloads but... maybe not! 😁

You can also change where the sound contents are installed. That is different than Product Manager dowload zip files. It can be done as you showed, or if you set the directory in SampleTank settings, they will always be installed there by default without any intervention. Mine are installed on my second drive hdd.

I did a bit more digging and have discovered some things.  What I have discovered on Windows is that Product Manager will installs sounds based on paths specified in the Windows Registry, which can be set from within SampleTank 3 for SampleTank 3 libraries and from within SampleTank 4 for SampleTank 4 libraries. The registry keys are as follows:

ST3: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\LibraryPath
ST4: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\LibraryPath

The issue is that if you do not have ST3, you cannot change the setting of the LibraryPath without going into the registry. The other issue is lots of libraries such as Brandenburg Piano are ST3 libraries. Even though you are using them into ST4 they still use the ST3 path. I still need to look at Mac to see where ST gets its LibraryPath for ST3. Changing the first path in ST4 does cause ST4 libraries to be installed in the new location.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3