IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

30 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Well, there is less than 5000 more souls to join in before we reach the max number of freebies, or 25 for the price of 1, and @Peter - IK Multimedia breaks open the champagne! 😄Since there will be an extension to the end of October, this means less than 1250 participants needed a week to get there! I can't see this not happening!

Just in case anyone's still watching the count update to update in October like a plugin-starved hawk, that translates to an hourly rate of ~7 -- minus whatever the 28 September hours after hitting 20k bring.

This seems like a good time to thank IK and @Peter - IK Multimedia for a full quarter-year of fun. I fiddled around with the numbers a bunch, because it's a hoot -- but I appreciate the promotion, the support and all the hard work that goes into both.

And as someone who had only ST4 SE and a handful of freebies before the group buy, I scored an entire slew of new goodies to learn about and play with. I wound up with four entries, all with fortunate discounts, and somewhere around 22k, I'll run out of wonderful things to discover, for something like 1/80th of the combined list price. That's absolutely mindblowing. It should be a fun winter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Great Idea 2

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

This was my thought also. Plus, I can't figure out the difference between 1. and 2.

Really glad to learn my two requests are already implemented. Am I correct that after 180 days expires, assuming you pointed the downloads to an available network share that the Product Manager will pull the sounds from there when you're installing on a new computer?

3 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

have been using it quite a lot with this GB using all my disk space. 😋 You can even point to a network drive!

Yeah, but that's not your network drive Jacques. That's your C drive.
I should have brought this up earlier, but the downloads should be going to some kind of "data" drive on your system.

When you install the "sounds" they should be going to a "sample" drive.
1937365229_installto.thumb.jpg.0a2a471116fa414a8e59693dff1148ba.jpg

You should NOT let "Product Manager" install to its default choice! Select ... More Options and then Install to...
and point it to your Sample Drive.

For me a DAW needs at minimum 4 drives

Audio: this is where your projects live
Samples: this is where the m.2 drives really shine
Data: All your downloads, OS images, etc.

Then of course you need a big ***** (whoops, a-s-s) external drive(s) to back it all up.

Just sayin'

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zolton said:

Just in case anyone's still watching the count update to update in October like a plugin-starved hawk, that translates to an hourly rate of ~7 -- minus whatever the 28 September hours after hitting 20k bring.

This seems like a good time to thank IK and @Peter - IK Multimedia for a full quarter-year of fun. I fiddled around with the numbers a bunch, because it's a hoot -- but I appreciate the promotion, the support and all the hard work that goes into both.

And as someone who had only ST4 SE and a handful of freebies before the group buy, I scored an entire slew of new goodies to learn about and play with. I wound up with four entries, all with fortunate discounts, and somewhere around 22k, I'll run out of wonderful things to discover, for something like 1/80th of the combined list price. That's absolutely mindblowing. It should be a fun winter.

Thank you all, this has been fun so far.  I hope we can keep the fun and wonder going through October.  At this point and definitely if when this gets to 25K it is just a huge deal regardless of the fact that it used to be a real nail-biter.  I can't play favorites but I am pretty sure I interacted here the most so we'll leave it at that :)

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Your number is next to go Peter 😜

Just when I was feel all happy and sentimental you had to go and gloat :D  Hehe but really I'm so happy to lose this one.

7 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Here, Here!

t

I appreciate this as much as Zolton's sentiments to which you were replying.  I think I might just crack open some champagne soon.  Or just that bottle of Lagavulin 16 that is for whatever reason still nearly full

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Thanks for explaining the difference and the education.

In my research, I saw they were both Ken Fischer designed amps so I assumed they were similar: https://reverb.com/news/trainwreck-amps-a-history-of-ken-fischers-mythic-circuitry.

How's the AmpliTube Z Wreck implementation?  It's from 2013.

Good article there overall, but also incorrect and lacking in a number of spots.

(I do agree that the Z-wreck shares some in common with the Liverpool, but I mentioned the Rocket becuase frankly the LIverpool had a fair amount of variation from each one that was made - where the Rocket all were built with a pretty strict ethos in mind and there were only 5 of them - but the Z-wreck is a bit more pedal friendly like the Rocket and lower gain (where some liverpools can punch up the gain more than the Z-wreck design)

As far as the AT5 Z-Wreck,  coupled with the Z-wreck cab I have to say it is my favorite AT5 amp generally speaking.  That said, I think the real Z-wreck is also basically one of the best amps IKM has modeled, so even if they didn't nail it the bar for tone and response were already higher than other amps in the stable.

It can be setup to be fairly responsive and I think the recorded tone is suprisingly good and a whole lot less fuss than trying to record the real thing.  It was THE amp in the AT lineup that made me re-evaluate the idea of plugin based amp simulation.  Out of that journey also landed on the Brainworx offerings (UAD and PA - same thing) which offer something special "in the box" as well.  But as for within the AT echosystem, I'm of the opinion the Z-wreck is one of the must have amp/cab combos and while I appreciate that it is only at the MAX level (hey it is a premium amp) or ala cart, I tend to wonder how many people miss out on this gem of an amp becuase the masses don't really even know much about it, so it might not be an amp most people would seek out like a JTM45, Bassman, Twin Reverb, Plexi, etc...

I know I ran the demo for about 2 minutes before figuring out how to order it through the custom shop (again the matching cab is essential, IMO for getting the right sound out of it)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Yeah, but that's not your network drive Jacques. That's your C drive.
I should have brought this up earlier, but the downloads should be going to some kind of "data" drive on your system.

When you install the "sounds" they should be going to a "sample" drive.

The path I was refering to is the path where the downloads are done. I have moved that around for sound downloads to another drive, but now it is back at it's default for now. I thought I was done with sound downloads but... maybe not! 😁

You can also change where the sound contents are installed. That is different than Product Manager dowload zip files. It can be done as you showed, or if you set the directory in SampleTank settings, they will always be installed there by default without any intervention. Mine are installed on my second drive hdd.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

the AT5 Z-Wreck,  coupled with the Z-wreck cab I have to say it is my favorite AT5 amp generally speaking

Your making me feel good there Brian. I used GC's to buy in and bought 300. Used the left overs to pick up a few things
including the Wreck and Cab.
Good to know it was money well spent.

t

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Good article there overall, but also incorrect and lacking in a number of spots.

(I do agree that the Z-wreck shares some in common with the Liverpool, but I mentioned the Rocket becuase frankly the LIverpool had a fair amount of variation from each one that was made - where the Rocket all were built with a pretty strict ethos in mind and there were only 5 of them - but the Z-wreck is a bit more pedal friendly like the Rocket and lower gain (where some liverpools can punch up the gain more than the Z-wreck design)

As far as the AT5 Z-Wreck,  coupled with the Z-wreck cab I have to say it is my favorite AT5 amp generally speaking.  That said, I think the real Z-wreck is also basically one of the best amps IKM has modeled, so even if they didn't nail it the bar for tone and response were already higher than other amps in the stable.

It can be setup to be fairly responsive and I think the recorded tone is suprisingly good and a whole lot less fuss than trying to record the real thing.  It was THE amp in the AT lineup that made me re-evaluate the idea of plugin based amp simulation.  Out of that journey also landed on the Brainworx offerings (UAD and PA - same thing) which offer something special "in the box" as well.  But as for within the AT echosystem, I'm of the opinion the Z-wreck is one of the must have amp/cab combos and while I appreciate that it is only at the MAX level (hey it is a premium amp) or ala cart, I tend to wonder how many people miss out on this gem of an amp becuase the masses don't really even know much about it, so it might not be an amp most people would seek out like a JTM45, Bassman, Twin Reverb, Plexi, etc...

I know I ran the demo for about 2 minutes before figuring out how to order it through the custom shop (again the matching cab is essential, IMO for getting the right sound out of it)

That's a high recommendation for it.  I appreciate the info since these boutique amps are pretty new to me.

I'll have to play more with the Z Wreck I have on AmpliTube iOS and try out different IRs (in Thafknar daisy chained after AmpliTube) to substitute for the cab.

Thanks, again.

Here's another spreadsheet I generated by scraping the documentation and Custom Shop (+ a bit of research to figure out models), this time for Mixing and Mastering.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4E8LHS743zJYhQWd8eNdP90ntVKYUXj-3UpIQYvx7c/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any better info on the Based On field, let me know by leaving a comment in the sheet.

2090383941_ScreenShot2021-09-29at10_42_32PM.thumb.png.90e78d0802a1ac1509222be6d88e6d11.png

• Thanks 1