IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

On 9/28/2021 at 10:55 AM, husker said:

Plus, after 180 days, we'll still need to do everything manually.

I was just thinking about that.

Feature request for @Peter - IK Multimedia

1. Preference in IK Product Manager for location you store the backups of all the sounds so if you're installing a new computer you can point to that after the 180 days.

2. While we're at it why not ask the Product Manager where you want to put your backup so it can put a copy there once it's downloaded. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

1. Preference in IK Product Manager for location you store the backups of all the sounds so if you're installing a new computer you can point to that after the 180 days.

Already exist. I have been using it quite a lot with this GB using all my disk space. 😋 You can even point to a network drive!

image.png.fec6ff495108e45e4c680856592ae3b6.png

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

This is useful. You are probably aware of this, but there are things that you can only get in Max, so ... Standard+all collections < Max.

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Yup.  To get the list, deselect all the Collections that are available for purchase, then deselect the checkmark under AmpliTube 5.

BTW, here's the list of amps:

Hiwatt® DR103™ Head

Jet City Amplification 333® JCA100H™ Head Model

Jet City Amplification 333® JCA20H™ Head Model

Dr. Z Amplification® MAZ 18 Jr.™ Combo Model

Gallien-Krueger® MB150S™ Model

ENGL® Powerball™ Head Model

THD® BiValve™ Head Model

Carvin® V3M™ Head Model

Dr. Z Amplification® Z Wreck™ Head Model

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

A good question to ask is whether its worth going to MAX to get these components, or getting the ones you want through the custom shop.  If I had to start from nothing with this current sale and my knowledge of what I like and don't I don't know if MAX would be worth it.

AmpliTube has been my intro to these boutique amps.  I have the All-Amps Collection (2019?) on AmpliTube iOS so I've been playing around with them there, but the sound engine isn't as good as on desktop AmpliTube 5 (but I don't really know what I'm missing out on).  JCA was designed by Soldano ... don't know how close it is to SLO100, but it seems similar enough that I don't feel I'm missing out.

I've also been satisfying my boutique amp curiosity with the Plugin Alliance deals ... Suhr, Fuchs ODS (= Dumble) ... waiting for the next surprise voucher for the Fuchs Train II (Trainwreck, similar to Z Wreck).  And I've built a collection of Nembrini amps on iOS as well.

Since there's no real inexpensive incremental upgrade path to MAX (have to buy via Custom Shop), and what I have (AmpliTube 5 + all collections) covers pretty much most of the major amp families, I'm satisfied with what I have for now.

We made it to 20 freebies and an extension! Wouhou! 🥳

This will now surely go to 24 freebies. Incredible! 👍

But we must say goodbye to my fellow Great White Northerner: @Doug Rintoul. Doug has now left the list of 'guess the number of freebies' tonight. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for participating Doug! And thanks to everyone who helped us get to 20 freebies! 21 for the price of 1!

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20
Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ALC said:

BTW, here's the list of amps:

Hiwatt® DR103™ Head

Jet City Amplification 333® JCA100H™ Head Model

Jet City Amplification 333® JCA20H™ Head Model

Dr. Z Amplification® MAZ 18 Jr.™ Combo Model

Gallien-Krueger® MB150S™ Model

ENGL® Powerball™ Head Model

THD® BiValve™ Head Model

Carvin® V3M™ Head Model

Dr. Z Amplification® Z Wreck™ Head Model

AmpliTube has been my intro to these boutique amps.  I have the All-Amps Collection (2019?) on AmpliTube iOS so I've been playing around with them there, but the sound engine isn't as good as on desktop AmpliTube 5 (but I don't really know what I'm missing out on).  JCA was designed by Soldano ... don't know how close it is to SLO100, but it seems similar enough that I don't feel I'm missing out.

I've also been satisfying my boutique amp curiosity with the Plugin Alliance deals ... Suhr, Fuchs ODS (= Dumble) ... waiting for the next surprise voucher for the Fuchs Train II (Trainwreck, similar to Z Wreck).  And I've built a collection of Nembrini amps on iOS as well.

Since there's no real inexpensive incremental upgrade path to MAX (have to buy via Custom Shop), and what I have (AmpliTube 5 + all collections) covers pretty much most of the major amp families, I'm satisfied with what I have for now.

Z-Wreck is quite a bit different than the Train II

Train II is based on an Express model and the Z-Wreck was a design Kenny helped Dr Z with, but is a much lower gain (closer to a Rocket style amp---though certainly NOT a Rocket as someone who has access to a real one)

18 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Z-Wreck is quite a bit different than the Train II

Train II is based on an Express model and the Z-Wreck was a design Kenny helped Dr Z with, but is a much lower gain (closer to a Rocket style amp---though certainly NOT a Rocket as someone who has access to a real one)

Thanks for explaining the difference and the education.

In my research, I saw they were both Ken Fischer designed amps so I assumed they were similar: https://reverb.com/news/trainwreck-amps-a-history-of-ken-fischers-mythic-circuitry.

How's the AmpliTube Z Wreck implementation?  It's from 2013.

Edited by ALC

28 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

We made it to 20 freebies and an extension! Wouhou! 🥳

This will now surely go to 24 freebies. Incredible! 👍

But we must say goodbye to my fellow Great White Northerner: @Doug Rintoul. Doug has now left the list of 'guess the number of freebies' tonight. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for participating Doug! And thanks to everyone who helped us get to 20 freebies! 21 for the price of 1!

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20
Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

It is an honour to loose. I know I am in good company.

• Like 1

Well, there is less than 5000 more souls to join in before we reach the max number of freebies, or 25 for the price of 1, and @Peter - IK Multimedia breaks open the champagne! 😄Since there will be an extension to the end of October, this means less than 1250 participants needed a week to get there! I can't see this not happening!

• Like 1