IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

7 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

No.

Are you sure?  I haven't done it myself but I thought there were posts about people selling previous products and noting which group buy tier they qualify for.  

Maybe they purchased but never redeemed them but seems unlikely to me given the lists I saw on KVR.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Are you sure?  I haven't done it myself but I thought there were posts about people selling previous products and noting which group buy tier they qualify for.  

Maybe they purchased but never redeemed them but seems unlikely to me given the lists I saw on KVR.

Pretty sure. I bought one of those items you saw that qualified for the GB. It was not a transfer but a new license. 

The pace slowed a bit overnight (from 30+/hour to 20+/hour), but has usually picked up a bit midday (Eastern time). If things stay roughly on course, it looks like the count should hit 20k around midnight tonight, with a full day to spare.

If things jump unroughly off course, then it's already down to less than 9/hour needed, which is basically "coasting speed":

image.png.ffdb57a51e06944bb63aa4bbb16ebbde.png

There are 37 hours to go. If the run-up at the end of August is any guide, the count added 1200+ in the final 36 hours of the month (though it was 700 away from 10k at that point, so there may have been a little more "oomph" behind the final push). At any rate, it seems fairly likely the count may be halfway to 21k by the time October rolls around. Huzzah!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I may be wrong, but there about 22 hours to go, not 37! The days remaining on the counter page is 1, and changed from 2 to 1 about 2 hours ago or so.

Agree, I don't know exactly how they are counting things but the day counter page seems to change in the morning EST.  Which would suggest we have less than a day left.

But does it end when the day counter reaches 0 days remaining, or does it end 24 hours after that? Because right up until it changes over, there is still 1 day remaining.

The day counter changes at 14:00 CEST (Italy), which apparently is  8am EST. Seems a strange time of day to end on, if we're supposed to reach 20k participants "by the end of September".

If it were to run through the next day though, 14:00 on October 1st would also be 0:00 at the International Date Line...

Edited by martians
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I think according to Peter they use EST. So it would be 00:00 EST  on October 1st  so still about 37 hours?

More than plenty of time then! 👍

I should have known better than to doubt a statistician!

Great work @Zolton !  It's really cool to follow your stats!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Thanks 1