IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

37 minutes ago, better5150 said:

I am now stuck with a bunch of useless (to me) 'free' promotional selections. 

This really does punish long time customers who already owned several products.

So am I, (stuck with free promo's I can't use) and I don't think we are alone. 

However, I entered this sale/GB knowing that if it went all the way (which it will), I would have freebies I wouldn't use. Knowing this I still entered the GB because for $49 I got all 8 of the new sound packs for ST4 that I don't have. I still came out on top even with all the unusable freebies I am going to end up with.

Do I feel "punished"? Nope. 

37 minutes ago, better5150 said:

Had that been specified prior to the Group Buy ANYWHERE - there is no way I would have participated to the level I have.

You could write support and tell them what happened, and see if they refund your money.

@Peter - IK Multimedia I am noticing that there isn't any mention (no try or buy or even a pic!!) of Sampletron in IK Product Manager? 

[edit] TOTP again!![/edit]

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

Guys, I just redeemed seven of the 14 freebies I still have in my account and I'm so freaking giddy! 

Thanks IKM!

6 hours ago, mibby said:

That's a great point!  If it ever arrives, maybe I'll contribute to The Bump!

I bought mine 4 weeks ago on 8/30.  I'm in the U.S and still waiting...

Mibby, I ordered mine on the exact same day and I'm in the U.S. and waiting as well. Three things I don't like:

- No mention of the item being backordered on their website

- Status order "In Progress" even though it was not in freaking progress since they didn't have the freaking item I ordered

- They already charged me!

Anyways, all in all, I'm in not hurry and life's too short to hold grudges for more than two seconds (redeeming and downloading freebies helps too!! ). Just sharing my experience (not trying to lecture) since we're in the exact same boat. The irony is that on 8/30 I thought I was getting ahead of all the dummies that didn't foresee that there was going to be a shortage of IKM MEMS mics because of this crazy promotion. Oh well...

Edited by Monomox

39 minutes ago, Monomox said:

Mibby, I ordered mine on the exact same day and I'm in the U.S. and waiting as well. Three things I don't like:

- No mention of the item being backordered on their website

- Status order "In Progress" even though it was not in freaking progress since they didn't have the freaking item I ordered

- They already charged me!

My Order Status still says "In Progress", but I now have a Carrier and Tracking Number.  hopefully your email is on its way too!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:
18 hours ago, chris.r said:

...draw some crescendos and decrescendos as MIDI CC#11 events (in controller pane in the PRV, in Cakewalk) over some notes then export audio (or just freeze), and see if the volume changes are smooth in rendered audio? I'm getting erratic volume jumps instead of crescendos...

About your issue, if others don't chime in and if you have not already done so I'm sure support can assist, that seems like something they could try to recreate and further identify (or if it is something known that they can help with for you directly without an update, even better!).

This is definitely true - I've worked around it by converting the cc11 to NRPN "expression pedal".  To convert data from the controller pane in the PRV, first convert that to an envelope and from there to NRPN.  Then it seems to freeze or export with smooth volume changes.

Try it Peter - you'll be able in to recreate this I'm quite sure.  Then you could pass it along to support, no?

6 minutes ago, fpoir said:

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this thread, but when exactly does the Sept. 30 deadline fall? At 11:59 PM in a specific time zone? And if so, which time zone?

On 8/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Eastern.

Peter said Eastern in August, and I'm assuming it's still the same. 

I don't think he ever nailed down midnight/11:59PM as the final deadline, but I remember at least one post where his counting logic (e.g., saying "four hours to go" at 8pm Eastern) made it seem that's the case. I haven't seen any official-ish info that's inconsistent with that theory, though there are people who appear to be counting down differently based on other (non-Peter-provided, to the best of my knowledge) hints. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

About your issue, if others don't chime in and if you have not already done so I'm sure support can assist, that seems like something they could try to recreate and further identify (or if it is something known that they can help with for you directly without an update, even better!).

The support guys wanted me doing a video on it. I didn't do it as I wasn't even sure what are they going to look for since there's just a long note and a simple CC#11 movement recorded with my expression pedal. Nothing really to show off. It works fine on playback but it fails on rendered audio, and that's it. It's been months now and I'm still wondering whether it's a real issue or just me.

BTW, Peter can you confirm that Amplitube 4 is still supported (asking literally almost on every subject now, lol)?

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I am getting some weird behaviour out of dragging midi loops from MODO Drums into CWB. I wonder if this is related?

What exactly is your weird behaviour Grem? I don't recall any issues with dragging midi loops from MODO Drums in Cakelab.  

1 hour ago, Dave Schreier said:

This is definitely true - I've worked around it by converting the cc11 to NRPN "expression pedal".  To convert data from the controller pane in the PRV, first convert that to an envelope and from there to NRPN.  Then it seems to freeze or export with smooth volume changes.

Pretty long way around. I wouldn't even be sure where to start with converting CC to NRPN. Are you in Cakewalk?

1 hour ago, Dave Schreier said:

Try it Peter - you'll be able in to recreate this I'm quite sure.  Then you could pass it along to support, no?

Pretty sure Peter is on Mac, then he might be not able to reproduce this. To me it seems IK stuff is tested more for Mac than Windows.

8 hours ago, locrian said:

I was hoping to be able to use JamPoints with the promo, but that doesn't seem possible.  I guess it's one or the other.  Oh well.

I used JamPoints to help with my purchase of 200 gear credits - it got it down to $112. I then went to buy Modo Drums in the Custom Shop and was disturbed to not find it there. Luckily I had been thinking about getting SampleTron which was in there so all is well. I then used the GB freebie to get the Modo Drums cross grade. I've got a serious Toontrack setup with a converted acoustic kit using UFO Drums crossbar triggers and 3 ply mesh heads and a great product called the eDRUMin to translate the hits to MIDI. The hi-hat implementation is especially well thought out. At first I used DIY cymbals but came across someone selling their Yamaha PCY 3 zone cymbal set which work well with the eDRUMin.  Haven't had time to delve into MODO Drums but I think with enough effort they may actually be better for live playing. 

Edited by Doug Steinschneider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

...support...wanted...a video...just me.

Pretty long way around. I wouldn't even be sure where to start with converting CC to NRPN. Are you in Cakewalk?

Yes Cakewalk - no not just you - I went ahead and made a couple videos.  Give them a link to these if you want.

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

What exactly is your weird behaviour Grem? I don't recall any issues with dragging midi loops from MODO Drums in Cakelab.  

Check this thread out. It explains the issue I am having.

It's only the snare drags that are showing the issue.

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Is it just me or it's picking up some steam? 🤔

It's not just you.

(At least, I hope it's not just you, or you'd have earned several thousand freebies to sort through today.)

Since 9am this morning, the count has averaged about 27/hour. In total, 499 signups were added on the 27th.

That's excellent news -- the beginning of the 27th marked four days left in September, with a little over 18.1k signups at the start of the day. So if 500/day is repeated (or 499/day, if you're truly bean-counting) on the 28th, 29th and 30th, the count would coast over 20,000.

Here's how things look from the "amp cab half-empty" point of view, where higher values are actually bad:

image.png.69f30d1ccd7f195f3abe492034e21cc1.png

When the "race to 20k" was announced on the 21st, there were 225 hours left in September. From then, a signup rate of ~14.4/hour (blue line) would have reached 20k by the end of the month, but the actual rate was lower than that through this morning. So the "rate needed" crept steadily up, passing 20/hour early this morning. The number of signups "short" of that initial 14.4 ideal rate also grew (orange line), topping 500 additional "needed" signups to get back on course.

With around 87 hours left (i.e., 9am this morning), the rate jumped, and by noon was higher than the needed average-- so those lines took a steep turn down. When/if the orange line reaches zero, it means the count has "recovered", and ~14.4 signups/hour the rest of the way would suffice. If the orange line goes negative, the rate needed is even lower. If the blue line hits zero, the count is 20k -- and if it goes negative, then it's bonus time and the count is working toward whatever milestone is revealed for the 21st freebie.

TL;DR: As of this morning, the "bump" has arrived. Time to strap in and see how fast -- and how long -- the carousel spins.

Edited by Zolton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I used JamPoints to help with my purchase of 200 gear credits - it got it down to $112. I then went to buy Modo Drums in the Custom Shop and was disturbed to not find it there. Luckily I had been thinking about getting SampleTron which was in there so all is well. I then used the GB freebie to get the Modo Drums cross grade. I've got a serious Toontrack setup with a converted acoustic kit using UFO Drums crossbar triggers and 3 ply mesh heads and a great product called the eDRUMin to translate the hits to MIDI. The hi-hat implementation is especially well thought out. At first I used DIY cymbals but came across someone selling their Yamaha PCY 3 zone cymbal set which work well with the eDRUMin.  Haven't had time to delve into MODO Drums but I think with enough effort they may actually be better for live playing. 

Everytime I think of buying something from IKM I get frustrated by their convoluted marketing and give up.  It's just not worth the hassle.

• Like 1