IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

46 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

get the White 2A in Amplitube

Not sure what you mean. AFAIK there is no "white 2A in Amplitube. At least not the one you have in T Racks. What's in T Racks stays in T Racks and is not available in any other IK product.

Now, with that said, there are things in Amplitube, ST4, and Mixbox that are 'extensions' of what is in T Racks. However, what is in T Racks does not become available in any other IK product that I know of. You can use what's in T Racks as stand alone vst's that you can put before or after Amplitube, ST4.

[edit] TOTP!!![/edit]

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Not sure what you mean. AFAIK there is no "white 2A in Amplitube. At least not the one you have in T Racks. What's in T Racks stays in T Racks and is not available in any other IK product.

Now, with that said, there are things in Amplitube, ST4, and Mixbox that are 'extensions' of what is in T Racks. However, what is in T Racks does not become available in any other IK product that I know of. You can use what's in T Racks as stand alone vst's that you can put before or after Amplitube, ST4.

I think there is one under the rack menu  (not sure which product I purchased to get it, I have AT5, Orange, Metal, SVX 1+2, and Fender 2

(I also own Mixbox, and The T-Racks module which have white 2, but assume not related)

image.png.fc18cf5a611e6dea9221db9e943524fb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Can someone explain - I have T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 which has White 2A in it. How do I get the White 2A in Amplitube. I also want to get the Vintage EQ1-A for Amplitube. Are they separate products? (Should I buy gear credits? - Are they on the group buy?)

Are there 2 versions of some others?

I got the Leslie for TR but clicked on a model in amplitube that says I need Leslie module?? Are there updrades/crossgrades?

Thanks 

White 2A does come with the $200 version of AT5

As does VEQ-1A

If you bought that to get in the group buy you could also select the Amplitube version of leslie:

image.png.3a43d73fd24303108aeacb2ee4cb0b68.png

image.thumb.png.6f4bce9a219f5cce02173de3ba46c107.png

I bought 200 gear credits for $160 then used that 200 points to get AT5 using all of them.  I had JamPoints to use also which brought down the group buy in price at the $200 level to $112, YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

55 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Can someone explain - I have T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 which has White 2A in it. How do I get the White 2A in Amplitube. I also want to get the Vintage EQ1-A for Amplitube. Are they separate products? (Should I buy gear credits? - Are they on the group buy?)

I got the Leslie for TR but clicked on a model in amplitube that says I need Leslie module?? Are there updrades/crossgrades?

Thanks 

+ @Grem

If you click the Rack Effects tab at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/#thegear you will see the White 2A.

It is available in AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX as well as a la carte in the Custom Shop.

24 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

+ @Grem

If you click the Rack Effects tab at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/#thegear you will see the White 2A.

It is available in AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX as well as a la carte in the Custom Shop.

Thanks Peter, but I was really trying to tell him that he ain't gonna get this one, just different one!!

image.thumb.png.dd656a2674099586c354d29745ee6af1.png

49 minutes ago, Grem said:

[edit] TOTP!!![/edit]

So everyone understands, what's in bold is the key  points.

IOW, the White 2A in amplitube ain't the one in T Racks. It may sound the same, but it ain't the same. And it comes with Amplitube, not T Racks.

Just trying to keep post/page count up!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grem said:

So everyone understands, what's in bold is the key  points.

IOW, the White 2A in amplitube ain't the one in T Racks. It may sound the same, but it ain't the same. And it comes with Amplitube, not T Racks.

Just trying to keep post/page count up!!

So what you are really trying to say is that the White 2A in Amplitude is not the same as the White 2A in T-Racks? Got it😝.

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

So what you are really trying to say is that the White 2A in Amplitude is not the same as the White 2A in T-Racks? Got it😝.

Yes!!

It looks different. Feature wise it's different too!!

That said, I am sure that the underlying code is used in both so the sound would be almost the same.

2 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Can someone explain - How do I get the White 2A in Amplitube.

if you want to use the White 2A in Amplitube as a stomp this is what you can do ....Keep in mind this is The Ampitube version of The White 2 A 😉

The first thing you need to do is to put an effect in the signal chain as a placeholder  if you do not have one already . You need to do that so you will be able to access the effects

Once you have done that  you go to the effects section you can pull down the  dialog box and place your rack effect in and it will be wrapped if you are using a rack effect as a stomp

1061410466_Racksasstomps..thumb.jpg.1fc81c4cb5784444ddb5ada9434a080e.jpg

1448825396_Racksasstomps1..thumb.jpg.bb50ac329c32e4729c08f8847d1ea615.jpg

to gain the full controls of your effect you just hit edit

1936450508_Racksasstomps2..thumb.jpg.4cc756127aee7e20c4bc959bd8a3c482.jpg

when you are done just hit the effect in my signal chain second pic and the effect will go into what you have in my second pic .

if you want to use the White 2A in Amplitube as a rack you can just use the racks dialog box ...in my pic I'm about to switch over to the White 2A from the tube compressor.

2045620447_rackeffectsasarackinsert..thumb.jpg.ad303c5afa0f8cc4367641fd246c9e67.jpg

hope this helps

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 2

2 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Thanks 

Leslie for TRacks is a separate product from Leslie for AmpliTube. They are even slightly different (not in sound - but GUI options are slightly different. I know this because someone who has TRacks Leslie has been sharing presets for various Hammond VST's and I always have to recreate the Leslie settings manually in AmpliTube - that is until this Group Buy - will be picking up the TRacks Leslie just so I can run my friend's presets. 

For anyone curious how the group buy signup rate is looking as we wind down the workweek, the answers are "better" and "not (yet, at least) better enough".

With 150 hours remaining in September, the signup rate since the "race to 20k" announcement on the 21st has crept up to just about 10/hour. Two days ago, it was only around 8.5/hour, so that's good!

On the other hand, the pace needed from the 21st to hit 20k was around 14.4/hour. Since the rate has been consistently below that so far, the rate needed now is 16.6/hour. In terms of individual signups, the current count is around 330 "behind" that 14.4/hour pace. So that's bad.

If history is any guide, the weekend is likely to be a little slower -- though there's a good chance the count will hit 18k sometime before Monday. That would leave around 100 hours to gain 2000 signups. In the last 100 hours of August, the count rose by 2875 -- or nearly 400 more than we need right now, with an "extra" 50 hours to spare. So that's... inconclusive?

But pretty fascinating, if you're into that kind of thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Anybody having an issue with their ticket is always welcome to provide the ticket number to me though and I'm happy to have someone take a look.

Hi Peter, I asked in another thread if it makes sense to report AT4 bugs, IOW is AT4 still officially supported after releasing AT5? Thx

I am working through my promotions this evening.  Hammond B-3X is in my list but I can't select it. Same with AmpliTube Leslie - odd, considering that I CAN select the T-Racks Leslie.

I bought B-3X and the AmpliTube Leslie individually when they were released - Yes I have a Hammond problem :D

I submitted a ticket to IK

Edited by Doug Steinschneider

5 hours ago, Grem said:

The White 2A in Mixbox and Amplitube looks to be the exact same thing.

However, in T Racks it is different, at least feature wise. 

image.png.44553e64c3f2db8078181d4552a14afa.png

Good explanation !

In any event for a quick down and dirty Amplitube Guitar patch some of the features  of the full White 2 A  appear to be less important if your  desire is to achieve the shortest path to a killer guitar tone built on simplicity.

I would expect all those features in T Racks .

When  one so desires the full features and the versatility of this plug , one could dial up their tone first  in Amplitube  and then place the T Racks version of the White 2 A on their track.

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Good explanation !

In any event for a quick down and dirty Amplitube Guitar patch some of those features  appear to be less important if your  desire is to achieve the shortest path to a killer guitar  tone built on simplicity.

I would expect all those features in T Racks and if one so desired the versatility of the full features of the plug one could dial up their tone in Amplitube first  and then place the T Racks version of the White 2 A on their track

all the best ,

Kenny

Yes, I believe you are absolutely correct in that the White 2A in Amplitube is designed for the guitarist in mind. Which is why some of those features I point out are missing/omitted. They are not needed in that intended use.

I read this part of Max's post "Can someone explain - I have T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 which has White 2A in it. How do I get the White 2A in Amplitube."

and took it to mean that he wanted the White 2A he had in his T Racks to be in Amplitube. I was pointing out that can't happen. Plugins from TR can't be accessed within Amplitube.

I wasn't sure if he had AT4 or 5.

Still working on that post count/thread pages!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1