IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

On 9/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, Lulu said:

@Peter - IK MultimediaAs a customer, what is the correct way to get in touch with customer support?
I have tried twice through the form at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ without any response.

I seem to be trapped in the abysm of the no-replies, 2 times through customer support forms and here through the forum but no way to get an answer. Seems to be quite an odyssey to get some customer support from IKM. 

2 minutes ago, Lulu said:

I seem to be trapped in the abysm of the no-replies, 2 times through customer support forms and here through the forum but no way to get an answer. Seems to be quite an odyssey to get some customer support from IKM. 

Try using this super secret link if it is a software issue:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

IKM actually wants you to search the FAQs first but it will eventually lead to the above link. If you have a hardware issue change the ending sw to hw.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

For anyone else who hasn't received their "ARC System 3"...    I emailed Tech Support about my 8/30 order and received this reply:

Hello mike,
Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.
We have recently restocked some of the previously out of stock items and we are in the process of filling orders based on when they were received.

No idea if that means they gotten more MEMS mics in, but we'll see, I guess.  (I've gotta say, I haven't been THIS excited about a plugin purchase in a long time!)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lulu said:

I actually had luck with yours @Lulu.  I went into my Order and clicked "Contact Us" link at the bottom. It took them a few days (and I'm sure they're sorry they answered) but they got back to me...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bdickens said:

Yeah. The Sunset is NICE.

I had resisted it before when it was on sale recently because I thought I had enough reverbs already that I hardly use.

I picked it as one of my freebies and it immediately became my . go-to. I tend to be very sparing with reverb. Most of them get real overwhelming real fast. This is like I just stuck the band together in a room that has a really nice natural, subtle reverb.

I just rescued a stereo recording of our band off the board by adding Sunset  Live Room - Studio 2 - Position 2.  I dialed back the decay to 60 and used the HPF to only apply reverb to 330 and up. 

• Like 6
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Try using this super secret link if it is a software issue:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

IKM actually wants you to search the FAQs first but it will eventually lead to the above link. If you have a hardware issue change the ending sw to hw.

8 hours ago, mibby said:

I actually had luck with yours @Lulu.  I went into my Order and clicked "Contact Us" link at the bottom. It took them a few days (and I'm sure they're sorry they answered) but they got back to me...

It is quite sad seeing that even after posting and tagging @Peter - IK Multimedia for help, he posts jokes in the thread and replies to other jokes but avoids giving an answer to a customer asking a simple question; also upsetting finding that gentle users form this forum are actively dedicating more effort and time providing support to a customer than the company that is cashing in money.

Thanks @Doug Rintoul, thanks @mibby

Edited by Lulu

3 hours ago, Lulu said:

It is quite sad seeing that even after posting and tagging @Peter - IK Multimedia for help, he posts jokes in the thread and replies to other jokes but avoids giving an answer to a customer asking a simple question; also upsetting finding that gentle users form this forum are actively dedicating more effort and time providing support to a customer than the company that is cashing in money.

Well, in his defense, Tech Support is NOT Peter's department. In fact, you could even say, Peter's department is doing its job so well (marketing/sales) that Tech Support can't keep up.  🙃 

That said, regarding Tech Support, they may have answered me, but in the SAME email thread, I have gotten conflicting answers to the same same "where's my stuff?" question. ("check the website for availability", "the website is not up-to-date with the latest info")  I understand the TS department is probably overworked and hating life right now, but for criminey's sake,  they need to get on the same page, or at least read through a TS thread before they reply with a stock answer!

To my point I'd suggest to IK TS, communicate better with your paying customers and you wouldn't have so many pissed at you. If something is backordered or out of stock when they order it, LET THEM KNOW.  It's simple, really.

Edited by mibby

The IKM tech support is a little inconsistent. At times I send in a request and got a reply fairly fast. At other times, it went into nothingness. You seem to get more support on their forums but there are only two people that actually monitor those forums. and i dont think its tech support. IKM should consider the way NI do support. They have a slew of their tech people on the forums interacting with customers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lulu said:

Just out of curiosity, what issue are you trying to resolve?

7 hours ago, Lulu said:

You had been answered and the form  you went to, as explained by others, asks you to search the FAQ - which resolves a large portion of people's requests without needing a ticket - and presents a link/button to you so you can open a ticket if you don't find an answer to your question/issue.  I guess I also missed a specific question for me about your ticket?  Otherwise as mentioned I am not a tech support rep though I do use our products and know a lot about them I am not able to perform the same type of troubleshooting the IK Support team can and honestly even if I could a third-party forum thread about a group buy wouldn't be the best nor most effective medium over which to do so.

Anybody having an issue with their ticket is always welcome to provide the ticket number to me though and I'm happy to have someone take a look.

Thank you.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 4

@Lulu I am with mibby on this. Peter does come here in his official job (marketing), but he also tries to help us out if he can as a member of the forum. So try to give him the same consideration you would a fellow forum member. He just may have missed you posts. Simple.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

if we all tag @Peter - IK Multimedia he’ll get the message. 

Hasn't worked for me on that free MIDI keyboard  🤣    (Sorry Peter I couldn't resist.)  

I want to venture out to my local Sam Ash Music Center to check out some boards in the next couple of weeks. Also I found out there is a music store where my daughter is going to college :)  We are going down for family weekend so I know I will have to check them out.  Hoping an Arturia MIDI keyboard is out to try.

Peace.

P.S. I needed some help a few years ago and Peter had support staff private message me on the Cakewalk Forum to get in contact with me. From there my issue was all resolved.  Sometimes things happen. I for one am grateful Peter is on this board conversing with us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can someone explain - I have T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 which has White 2A in it. How do I get the White 2A in Amplitube. I also want to get the Vintage EQ1-A for Amplitube. Are they separate products? (Should I buy gear credits? - Are they on the group buy?)

Are there 2 versions of some others?

I got the Leslie for TR but clicked on a model in amplitube that says I need Leslie module?? Are there updrades/crossgrades?

Thanks