IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

35 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

People who guessed 16, you know the rules! Pants around your ankles and one lap around the entire world! Go!

Just so we know who they are, another two bites the dust!

image.png.e2e61f8b084881e61a964e549ce59fb5.pngand   image.png.48a84faa8c3eb7681d2904d0266ce5b1.png  

Next up the most chosen guess with not 1, not 2 but 3 participants who will loose their pants er, I mean shirt, lets keep it clean!

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20
Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I could, but will not cross out kevin h and Peter yet. But their guess is almost impossible with the new extension anymore. If we don't get the extension the farthest we can achieve is 19 and if we do get the extension because we made it to 20 it will surely go over that in a month. But there is that slim chance that we make it to 20 and not more in the extension month.

• Like 1

My Syntronik is from Total Studio Max 2. I started ticking off the individual instruments I'm missing and then saw in the handy spreadsheet from ALC (Thanks!) that I can just get "Syntronik Deluxe  Upgrade from Syntronik" to fill in the gaps. Just checking in here to make sure that is right?

The spreadsheet indicates I have SampleTank 4 SE from  TS2 MAX. I should also get the SampleTank 4 Crossgrade (in at the $199 level) - correct?

SampleTank is a bit of mystery for me - I just scrolled through the instrument categories. If you have Philharmonik 2, Syntronik Deluxe, B-3X and the Electromagnetik pianos and Modo Bass and Modo Drums are there instruments left in ST4 that are in popular use?

Edited by Doug Steinschneider
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

If you have Philharmonik 2, Syntronik Deluxe, B-3X and the Electromagnetik pianos and Modo Bass and Modo Drums are there instruments left in ST4 that are in popular use?

Personally I liked the mellotron samples (and of course, on this GB I did choose sampletron 2 as one of my freebies)

1 hour ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

My Syntronik is from Total Studio Max 2. I started ticking off the individual instruments I'm missing and then saw in the handy spreadsheet from ALC (Thanks!) that I can just get "Syntronik Deluxe  Upgrade from Syntronik" to fill in the gaps. Just checking in here to make sure that is right?

The spreadsheet indicates I have SampleTank 4 SE from  TS2 MAX. I should also get the SampleTank 4 Crossgrade (in at the $199 level) - correct?

SampleTank is a bit of mystery for me - I just scrolled through the instrument categories. If you have Philharmonik 2, Syntronik Deluxe, B-3X and the Electromagnetik pianos and Modo Bass and Modo Drums are there instruments left in ST4 that are in popular use?

Even if you get all of the group buy freebie instruments, you still will not have all the instruments offered in ST4 MAX (260GB and 8,000 presets).  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/

ST4 MAX has a much larger library than the ST4 SE that is included with TSM 2 MAX, and much of the ST4 MAX content is unavailable as separate individual instruments.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

If you have Syntronik, Deluxe should be $99.99.

Re: SampleTank 4, see if there are instruments you’re interested in.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_comparison.pdf

If you’re already in the $199.99 tier, then it makes sense to pick it up.  If not, then SE + the other libraries may be enough.  I like the newer standalone libraries (that you can pick up in the GB), and the newer SampleTank 4 instruments which have a bigger footprint than the older ST3 and ST2XL instruments.  On my laptop installation, I only install the ST4 libraries.

I'm going through the process of installing all the freebies at the moment and I noticed there are Sound downloads for both Sampletank 4 and Sampletank 4 SE. Does anyone know if it's enough to install just Sampletank 4 or if Sampletank 4 SE has a core of sounds separate to Sampletank 4 that should be installed additionally? 

4 minutes ago, Craig N said:

I'm going through the process of installing all the freebies at the moment and I noticed there are Sound downloads for both Sampletank 4 and Sampletank 4 SE. Does anyone know if it's enough to install just Sampletank 4 or if Sampletank 4 SE has a core of sounds separate to Sampletank 4 that should be installed additionally? 

Just read the side-by-side comparison linked in the post above yours to see what you get. Each higher level of ST4 includes the sounds from the lower levels. You will need ST4 MAX to get them all.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Craig N said:

Does anyone know if it's enough to install just Sampletank 4 or if Sampletank 4 SE has a core of sounds separate to Sampletank 4 that should be installed additionally? 

Just install SampleTank 4.

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

So, the numbers from the first day-plus chasing the 20k carrot are... not superb. If there's to be a bump, or a multi-bump bump, in the numbers following the extension teaser, we haven't seen it yet. Here's the average number and rate per day since the last big surge on 9/15:

image.png.0b05dadc6684bdd5a0a8aabc4f724e24.png

Starting around 3pm on the 21st, 14.4 signups/hour would have reached 20,000 on the 30th.

The actual rate of signups since then is 9.1/hour, and it would now take an average of 15.6/hour the rest of the way to hit the mark.

The news isn't all grim, though. Since the website glitch around 11am yesterday, when the "20k race rate" bottomed out below 8/hour, it's been steadily, if sloooowly, rising. And 15/hour -- even 30/hour -- has been achieved over the course of a whole day. Over the last three days of August, in fact, and twice in September.

Another, possibly better, way to look at the current state is that the count has fallen "behind" the pace needed to reach 20k by around 220 signups. A smallish surge in the next day or two would close that gap. The bigger question is whether the between-surge rate would stay high enough for a final push to the finish line. But first things first, assuming the weekend will slow a bit as others have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

The power to extend the Group Buy
is in your hands (again)

Reach 20,000 participants by the end of September, and we'll extend the Group Buy through October! Only a few days to go and a couple more friends or family members could really help push us past the goal line. So spread the word.