IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

did IKM add any one items to the GB to qualify? this new moves is great for people that want pretty much everything. Not so great for people that want some things and are now sort of out of ideas of what else to get as freebies. unless the high priests of IKM add something else into the GB, it will be hard to get in again.

56 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Since I have not yet made a guess, I'll go ahead and enter 24 freebies now. That will leave some selections on the table as I only have 7 more to go to check all of the boxes but I'm more than okay with that. 😎

That would be unfair getting in the game so late when some have already been removed from the list. Just remember to get your guess in early in the next group buy! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got a bit more incentive if anyone is still on the fence about jumping in at all.

Yesterday I jumped in at the $199 level, my third entry into the GB, after spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out if it would work out better in the long run to buy in using the Groove3 coupon code for 15% off 200 gear credits and save my JamPoints for a future upgrade to Total studio 3 when it goes on a sale price I am happy to pay, or to use my JamPoints now to save as much as I can today in case discounting options are different later on.

I decided to go with the latter approach, using 42 JamPoints bringing the €160 price down to €112. I was expecting to have a regrettably small number of JamPoints left eg 40-something but it turned out I had 55 which is more than I expected. I'm not sure if I had earned more than I realised on my previous dips into the group buy, or if you earn jam points on the gear credits purchase and then again on the purchase with those gear credits. Anyone know? Either way it was a nice little win I thought. 

But here's the kicker: when I picked Sampletron 2 as a freebie I got an extra 30 free Jam points! So now I'm back to about the same amount of jam points I had before I used them to buy the gear credits! Epic score in my opinion. And now I don't need to cringe at any lost jam points discount when I upgrade to Total Studio 3 Max down the track, compared to having just sat the group buy out. And if TS3 Max doesn't go down to $299 for a while, I've got the vast majority of things in it for the moment anyway so that will keep me going in the meantime, and at a much cheaper price than TS 3 Max even during a future sale. 

I have to give it to IK Multimedia. This really is an epic deal. I spent a while sorting the order of freebies I would select and made my choices last night. I can't believe how much I got for free. It's just incredible. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wednesday should provide a big hint about how realistic hitting 20k by the end of the month is. If you compare the situation to the "race to 10k" at the end of August:

On the afternoon of August 26th, the "10k by 8/31" promotion was announced.
At the time, the August signup rate was around 14.6/hour.
To hit 10k in 5+ days, the rate needed to increase to 22.3/hour.
The rate didn't change much until the morning of the 27th, but jumped to > 28/hour the rest of the way, coasting past 10k.

On the afternoon of September 21st, the "20k by 9/30" promotion was announced.
At the time, the September signup rate was around 12.6/hour (but around 9/hour since the 17th).
To hit 20k in 9+ days, the rate needs to increase to 14.4/hour.
The rate hasn't changed much (as of midnight on the 21st), but... we'll see what happens.

The 64-thousand-VST question is: who's left in the tank? Without a surge or two, it looks like the rate would fall short. The pace is currently 50 signups behind the required average, and (counting just from 3pm Tuesday) projected to come in under 19k.

On the other hand, the rate didn't jump last time until the next day, and the goose needed this time is far smaller -- or put another way, there's almost twice as much time (9 vs. 5 days) to get about as many signups (3150 vs. 2925). If the 9/hour recent rate is the "baseline", reaching 20k requires just about 1100 "extra" people to come out of the woodwork in a week-plus. Are they in there? And do they need oodles of amp sims? Will someone octuple up? We may find out soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, Zolton said:

Wednesday should provide a big hint about how realistic hitting 20k by the end of the month is. If you compare the situation to the "race to 10k" at the end of August:

On the afternoon of August 26th, the "10k by 8/31" promotion was announced.
At the time, the August signup rate was around 14.6/hour.
To hit 10k in 5+ days, the rate needed to increase to 22.3/hour.
The rate didn't change much until the morning of the 27th, but jumped to > 28/hour the rest of the way, coasting past 10k.

On the afternoon of September 21st, the "20k by 9/30" promotion was announced.
At the time, the September signup rate was around 12.6/hour (but around 9/hour since the 17th).
To hit 20k in 9+ days, the rate needs to increase to 14.4/hour.
The rate hasn't changed much (as of midnight on the 21st), but... we'll see what happens.

The 64-thousand-VST question is: who's left in the tank? Without a surge or two, it looks like the rate would fall short. The pace is currently 50 signups behind the required average, and (counting just from 3pm Tuesday) projected to come in under 19k.

On the other hand, the rate didn't jump last time until the next day, and the goose needed this time is far smaller -- or put another way, there's almost twice as much time (9 vs. 5 days) to get about as many signups (3150 vs. 2925). If the 9/hour recent rate is the "baseline", reaching 20k requires just about 1100 "extra" people to come out of the woodwork in a week-plus. Are they in there? And do they need oodles of amp sims? Will someone octuple up? We may find out soon.

This analytics are detailed af. you might be interested in technical analysis or something :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zolton said:

reaching 20k requires just about 1100 "extra" people to come out of the woodwork in a week-plus. Are they in there? And do they need oodles of amp sims? Will someone octuple up? We may find out soon.

I signed up for 2 buys for the first time yesterday after intentionally waiting.  So some are out there...

Thinking about also doing a $200 tier by the end of the promo.  

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1