IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I'm sure you know this but just as a reminder: ARC3 is for listening/mixing, not for export of mixes. Disable ARC3 before exporting unless you setup a listening bus that is not included in your export/mixdown process. 

Of course, I know it should be disabled on export and I do, but it is a valid point you made in case other readers might think otherwise. What I mean by my mix sound better using it, is that by mixing under a better listening environment my choices as mixer are easier and translate better. It is much easier to discern things when it is not overwhelmed by a too loud and muddy low end.

• Like 1

ARC does not warn you as Sonarworks and their new sound ID does. Sienna rooms  doesn't either, I believe.  Would be nice for ARC to do it, but setting up a bus for correction plugins is not that hard either. It could be a nice addition to Cakewalk to let us add plugins to the hardware outputs to place these there. Just a thought.

• Great Idea 2

17 hours ago, abacab said:

Did you just intuitively know that, or did you learn the hard way?

I was advised by Danny Danzi about this before I bought it way back in the day.

Now I don't have to worry about it since my my iLoud MTMs have ARC imbedded in them and in all my DAWs I build a 'listen' bus that only has SONARWORKS on it. 😉 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I was advised by Danny Danzi about this before I bought it way back in the day.

Now I don't have to worry about it since my my iLoud MTMs have ARC imbedded in them and in all my DAWs I build a 'listen' bus that only has SONARWORKS on it. 😉 

what do you mean embedded? there are special profiles for iLoud monitors?

30 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

what do you mean embedded? there are special profiles for iLoud monitors?

No, iLoud MTMs are not the basic iLoud. The basic iLoud micro monitors would require ARC 3. Not so with iLod MTMs. They come bundled with a calibration mic. Oddly when I bought a pair (on sale) they both came with a mic.

image.thumb.png.aa56404ffd18114ff438066d886886cb.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

My Master Buss is routed to the ARC Buss. 
ARC is routed to the monitors. In my case Adam A-7’s. All exports are taken from the Master. That way I don’t forget to turn ARC off. 
I learned the “hard way”.

t

Taking notes... Good idea!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Where does our buddy Danny hang his hat these days?
I miss him...

t

Danny just released his new album. Waiting on it to come in.

Anyone interested:

https://www.the-music-shop.net/

Scroll down and look for Danny Danzig name then click the buy button. 

I still listen to Danny's "Danziland" cd. Still get blown away by his phenomenal playing. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:27 AM, DeeringAmps said:

My Master Buss is routed to the ARC Buss. 
ARC is routed to the monitors. In my case Adam A-7’s. All exports are taken from the Master. That way I don’t forget to turn ARC off. 
I learned the “hard way”.

t

Me too, learned it the hard way. Now exporting from Master bus is second nature for me, no errors there anymore. 😁

• Like 2