IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

so.. we are at 16.. and I have 3 more things to get before i have pretty much all of T-Racks. If this gets to 20 or 21.. it's going to be a  toss between, getting the Arc 3 software and then picking up a separate compatible MEMS mic on BF. Or digging into the Sampletank stuff and either getting some of the newer stuff like alternate keys, clavitube ,shipwerk piano, fractured piano..

any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

47 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

so.. we are at 16.. and I have 3 more things to get before i have pretty much all of T-Racks. If this gets to 20 or 21.. it's going to be a  toss between, getting the Arc 3 software and then picking up a separate compatible MEMS mic on BF. Or digging into the Sampletank stuff and either getting some of the newer stuff like alternate keys, clavitube ,shipwerk piano, fractured piano..

I have very little experience with IK (like a grand total of two weeks or so), but I've REALLY been digging the Shipwreck piano!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

i'm leaning myself to get the ARC 3 software and get a MEMS mic like you suggested for the holidays.  As far as Sampletank Stuff goes I like the Alan Parson Grand myself.

At the rate this is going I could buy in at a really cheap level of $49.99 for and pretty much have it all.  🤔

• Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

i'm leaning myself to get the ARC 3 software and get a MEMS mic like you suggested for the holidays.  As far as Sampletank Stuff goes I like the Alan Parson Grand myself.

At the rate this is going I could buy in at a really cheap level of $49.99 for and pretty much have it all.  🤔

i have been looking at the Hugh Padgham and Alan Parons drums stuff. I asm a fan of those guys. But I have lots of Drums already. ::|

I haven't read all of the 100+ pages here, so sorry if this has been said.  Check in your Account Crossgrades/Upgrades for qualifying products. I just saw "AmpliTube SVX 2 Upgrade" for $49 - and with Jam Points that's $35!  This would qualify for the $99 level, I believe!  

I getting down to the nitty gritty. I have everything on the list except for these but I already have the Fulltone OCD, any suggestions?

Amplitube Fulltone Collection 

Hitmaker: Reggaeton

Hitmaker: Trap

Hitmaker: EDM

Cinekinetik: Fractured Piano

Cinekinetik: Malletension

Cinekinetik: Malletopia 

Cinekinetik: Shipwreck Piano

Edited by bluzdog

2 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I getting down to the nitty gritty. I have everything on the list except for these but I already have the Fulltone OCD, any suggestions?

Amplitube Fulltone Collection 

Hitmaker: Reggaeton

Hitmaker: Trap

Hitmaker: EDM

Cinekinetik: Fractured Piano

Cinekinetik: Malletension

Cinekinetik: Malletopia

Cinekinetik: Shipwreck Piano

I like Shipwreck Piano and Malletopia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I just saw "AmpliTube SVX 2 Upgrade" for $49 - and with Jam Points that's $35!  This would qualify for the $99 level, I believe!  

The upgrade SKU is $49.99 so that would be the tier.  Just buy the full version from GC for $49.99 to qualify for the $99.99 tier.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/IK-Multimedia/Ampeg-SVX-2-Amp-Modeling-Plug-in.gc

Edited by ALC

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I haven't read all of the 100+ pages here, so sorry if this has been said.  Check in your Account Crossgrades/Upgrades for qualifying products. I just saw "AmpliTube SVX 2 Upgrade" for $49 - and with Jam Points that's $35!  This would qualify for the $99 level, I believe!  

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

The upgrade SKU is $49.99 so that would be the tier.  Just buy the full version from GC for $49.99 to qualify for the $99.99 tier.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/IK-Multimedia/Ampeg-SVX-2-Amp-Modeling-Plug-in.gc

Yeah I went to my Crossgrade page and there is nothing there that would entice me to join this GB.

I picked up ARC3 in the GB, I used my calibration mic with cal file with it to balance my studio. I have been using it for a few weeks now and its a keeper! A lot less bass, but I hear much more of the rest of the mix. And it's easily defeatable if I want to hear my mix in a bass heavy environment. Probably the best way to cope with a lot less than perfect bedroom studio. At least the mix I have done with it were easier to do and sounded better.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 2

Has anyone used an Apex220 calibration mic with ARC 3? Got the software in the GB and I noticed a nearby music shop rents them for a few dollars a week. Was wondering if it would do the job.

Edited by Luc
  • Great Idea 2

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I picked up ARC3 in the GB, I used my calibration mic with cal file with it to balance my studio. I have been using it for a few weeks now and its a keeper! A lot less bass, but I hear much more of the rest of the mix. And it's easily defeatable if I want to hear my mix in a bass heavy environment. Probably the best way to cope with a lot less than perfect bedroom studio. At least the mix I have done with it were easier to do and sounded better.

I'm sure you know this but just as a reminder: ARC3 is for listening/mixing, not for export of mixes. Disable ARC3 before exporting unless you setup a listening bus that is not included in your export/mixdown process. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

29 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm sure you know this but just as a reminder: ARC3 is for listening/mixing, not for export of mixes. Disable ARC3 before exporting unless you setup a listening bus that is not included in your export/mixdown process. 

Did you just intuitively know that, or did you learn the hard way?

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1