IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

34 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The "assistance" is likely us sending an incredible number of emails and the next couple of days get a bit of a bump...  Occam's Razor and such.

See, we knew you had something to do with this bump! 😋

Edit: Oh, and great job btw! Thanks!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grem said:

Figures.... ordered mine last night

I received mine yesterday, even if Mike/mibby and I ordered the same day.

Pure luck on my part, I recon.

Fingers crossed that you, Mike and the rest get yours soon.

All the best.

Edited by Zargg
Spelling
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zargg said:

I received mine yesterday, even if Mike/mibby and I ordered the same day.

Pure luck on my part, I recon.

Fingers crossed that you, Mike and the rest get yours soon.

All the best.

I ordered the day before you. But I'm the the U.S. I'm certain they have different distribution centers?

Where are you @Grem?

• Like 1

Wow, the pace has really picked up. I figured it would as it got higher and higher. The more you get for free, the better the deal becomes, and the more motivation for people to jump in, and for those who have already jumped in to dip in again. 

I'm in twice so far and planning to go in a third and possibly a fourth time depending how high it goes. 

• Great Idea 1

Halftime!

With 15 days gone and 15 more on deck, the group buy has so far added 4,899 September signups.

The count is currently 15,436, so if another 4,899 sign up through the 30th (at the current average rate of 13.6/hour), the final count would be  20,335.

That average rate was goosed significantly this morning-through-evening by a ~10 hour surge of signups, to the tune of 766 total today, best of any day of the group buy not named August 30th. If you ignore the "goose" and use the going rate when today started (12.3/hour) to project, the total would be 19,864, or 20k with a slight nudge.

If you're thinking "DAW half empty", the lowest rate for a full day in September (the 8th) was 7/hour -- at that rate through the 30th, the final count would be 17,956, call it 18k.

If you're more optimistic, you may note that while this latest signup surge was the largest, it's also the 4th in the first 15 days, as shown by the bumps in the average signups/hour line here:

image.png.8537b4d7c64c233badfdf897d7f733d0.png

The current rush seems to have died down for now (around 13.5/hour since 8pm, after 60/hour for half the day), but there may be more on the way. Looks like some more low-guessers may be knocked off the list before things are done. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zolton said:

Halftime!

With 15 days gone and 15 more on deck, the group buy has so far added 4,899 September signups.

The count is currently 15,436, so if another 4,899 sign up through the 30th (at the current average rate of 13.6/hour), the final count would be  20,335.

That average rate was goosed significantly this morning-through-evening by a ~10 hour surge of signups, to the tune of 766 total today, best of any day of the group buy not named August 30th. If you ignore the "goose" and use the going rate when today started (12.3/hour) to project, the total would be 19,864, or 20k with a slight nudge.

If you're thinking "DAW half empty", the lowest rate for a full day in September (the 8th) was 7/hour -- at that rate through the 30th, the final count would be 17,956, call it 18k.

If you're more optimistic, you may note that while this latest signup surge was the largest, it's also the 4th in the first 15 days, as shown by the bumps in the average signups/hour line here:

image.png.8537b4d7c64c233badfdf897d7f733d0.png

The current rush seems to have died down for now (around 13.5/hour since 8pm, after 60/hour for half the day), but there may be more on the way. Looks like some more low-guessers may be knocked off the list before things are done. 

Isn't 20k @Peter - IK Multimedia guess??  Interesting! I can see him now downloading this chart and planning his next email blast.  Really interesting stuff, thanks for doing this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1