IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I almost bought Resonator today.. then realized it wasn't a "qualified" product for buy-in. What a shame.. was thinking about a second buy-in. Not sure why it's not, I'm fine and understand that it's not a freebie, but it would have been an incentive for me to buy it (I already have Indiginus Resonator), so guess I'll pass.

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

I almost bought Resonator today.. then realized it wasn't a "qualified" product for buy-in. What a shame.. was thinking about a second buy-in. Not sure why it's not, I'm fine and understand that it's not a freebie, but it would have been an incentive for me to buy it (I already have Indiginus Resonator), so guess I'll pass.

Ya, we all lamented about resonator but it’s a lot of freebies.  More than ever before so think about it, you have time.  Don’t dismiss it outright. Might change your mind later. 

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

There are two reasons that Resonator is not included in the group buy. First, it is brand new. Second and more important, Resonator is created by a third party (Indiginus), not IKM.

• Like 1

I am checking and RE-checking my freebie choices because I already screwed up and got something I already had (Thank you Peter and IK support for bailing me out when it was all my fault).  I already have Amplitube 5 cross-grade and among the packs I plan to get are SVX and SVX2.  BUT, I am also seeing "SVX2 Upgrade" in my choices.  Is there a difference?

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

I am checking and RE-checking my freebie choices because I already screwed up and got something I already had (Thank you Peter and IK support for bailing me out when it was all my fault).  I already have Amplitube 5 cross-grade and among the packs I plan to get are SVX and SVX2.  BUT, I am also seeing "SVX2 Upgrade" in my choices.  Is there a difference?

The price of SVX2 is $99.99 while the SVX2 upgrade is $49.99.  If you want to claim the SVX2 upgrade at the $49.99 tier, you can do that.  Otherwise, the products are equivalent.

• Thanks 1

September is 40% finished, and here's where the group buy extenderation stands (short version):

In 12 September days, there have been 3,616 signups, an average of ~12.6/hour.

If the current average rate holds for the next 18 days, the total count would hit ~19.6k. With any last-minute rush in this scenario, 20k seems reachable.

If the rate drops back to ~10/hour on average, the count would hit ~18.5, disregarding any final push.

At the lowest rate of any observed 12-hour September period (6.7/hr) the rest of the way, the projected count would be right around 17k.

For the more nerdily inclined, in 12-hour increments, the distribution looks like this:

image.png.e8d8025d9f291f32b655283fe85dadaf.png

For the first week, the pattern appeared fairly clear -- the "base rate" of signups was around 7-10/hour, with a "boost" up to 20/hr or more when the next milestone was in reach. After hitting it, the rate fell slowly back toward the bottom of the range. On the 9th, though, the signups exploded, pushing through 13k and 14k faster than expected -- and the rate hasn't dipped as quickly this time, either.

A rate of 10/hour gives 120 signups per 12-hour period. In the table, those periods with total signups far from that "norm" -- under 90 or over 150 -- are highlighted in red and green, respectively. The highs are higher than the lows are low, but it's hard to say how high (or how often) those highs will jump.

To reach higher levels, the average counts would need to jog up to about 14/hr (20k), 16/hr (21k), 18/hr (22k), 19.5/hr (23k), 23/hr (24k) or 25/hr (25k).

Could it happen? Does the current rate hold? Are there more bumps in store? Will SampleTank ever learn the real identity of the father of her baby SE? Tune in next time to find out on DAWs of Our Lives.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Can the mems mic be purchased separately?

Yes, they're one of the options at the IK shop when you purchase ARC. Price is 69.99 (minus jampoints if you have some around, plus shipping)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=arc-system-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=arc

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, husker said:

what is this "ST4 Imported"?   Does this look right?

That's for pre-ST3 libraries. The format for ST libraries changed in ST3, there is an import process that generates wrappers for accessing the old libraries using the new format (in ST3 I think that it used to be a menu option, but I don't see it in ST4, maybe it's automatic when you select the path?)

In my system I have both "ST3 Imported" and "ST4 Imported".  I first imported my older libraries (sampletron, samplemoog, etc.) into ST3, so they show up under "ST3 Imported" (and ST4 Imported is empty)

49 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

That's for pre-ST3 libraries. The format for ST libraries changed in ST3, there is an import process that generates wrappers for accessing the old libraries using the new format (in ST3 I think that it used to be a menu option, but I don't see it in ST4, maybe it's automatic when you select the path?)

In my system I have both "ST3 Imported" and "ST4 Imported".  I first imported my older libraries (sampletron, samplemoog, etc.) into ST3, so they show up under "ST3 Imported" (and ST4 Imported is empty)

Thank you.