IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

4 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Oh right, would I need Amplitude 5 SE or higher first of would the free CS be enough to get the Satriani pack working?

I would at least go with the Amp 5 SE. I just think you will always kick yourself for not getting the version above the CS. At least that's how it was for me. I just think you will like the whole cab experience without any limitations. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Oh right, would I need Amplitude 5 SE or higher first of would the free CS be enough to get the Satriani pack working?

The Satriani pack will work, but you would be missing out on AmpliTube 5's new cabinet section with VIR technology. Only available in SE and above...

Powerful new “Volumetric Impulse Response” radically transforms all 100+ cabinets in AmpliTube 5 with over 143,000 impulse response measurements in all.

Comparison:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-se

image.png.c46ac618d927f69dc6b931838b930b06.png

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Oh and I have Wedge Force Matcha from Plugin Alliance as a guitar VST. That would work I guess. Or are there other recommendations?

I'm using Strategy and loving it. Another option would be Stratosphere and it's legendary patch called Legendary ;) 

EDIT: would gladly recommend MODO Guitar but let's give them time to include it in the next group buy :D 

Edited by chris.r

47 minutes ago, abacab said:

The Satriani pack will work, but you would be missing out on AmpliTube 5's new cabinet section with VIR technology. Only available in SE and above...

Comparison:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-se

image.png.c46ac618d927f69dc6b931838b930b06.png

Ok got it. So with my buy-in, first Amplitude 5 SE and with the next tier Satriani.

7 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

I missed it in the other 106 pages, but are the freebies transferrable?  Or more particularly, if I wanted to buy myself SampleTron could I register a few bonus Amplitube products under my son's account?

No and No 🙂

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying products must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

Edited by Barrie

Quick questions about SampleTank. I am really on the fence on picking up this one as a freebie. The reason is disk space, 100GB is a lot. I am a guitarist, not a keyboard player, but I would certainly use some of the sounds, probably through my bands keyboard player's playing them.

Can you install sounds separately, not installing some that you don't care for to save space? There seems to be a lot of sounds I wouldn't need, for example guitar sounds and probably many others! Especially if I get other packages like B-3X, Sampletron and maybe even Miroslav CE.

7 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Quick questions about SampleTank. I am really on the fence on picking up this one as a freebie. The reason is disk space, 100GB is a lot. I am a guitarist, not a keyboard player, but I would certainly use some of the sounds, probably through my bands keyboard player's playing them.

Can you install sounds separately, not installing some that you don't care for to save space? There seems to be a lot of sounds I wouldn't need, for example guitar sounds and probably many others! Especially if I get other packages like B-3X, Sampletron and maybe even Miroslav CE.

Can you install ST4 sounds separately?

Not easily, as the Product Manager is designed to install all of the instruments for your selected edition of ST4. I have MAX and that is all 200GB of instruments installed on my DAW. I took a look at putting a scaled down version of MAX on my laptop and gave up. There's probably a way to do it, but I couldn't be bothered to look into it any further.

SampleTank4 Editions.JPG

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

That's if you let Product Manager do everything, you can after installation manually go into the SampleTank sound installation directory and delete the instruments and samples you don't want.  

1903082549_ScreenShot2021-09-10at9_48_16AM.png.147df6d0f09bfde9900984cb5c694c06.png

But if you take the files downloaded by Product Manager, you can pick and choose which ones to install manually (though for SampleTank 4, it can be a lot to slog through manually).

Good idea for enhancement request for IK Product Manager.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, ALC said:

You can after installation manually go into the SampleTank sound installation directory and delete the instruments and samples you don't want.  That's if you let Product Manager do everything.  But if you take the files downloaded by Product Manager, you can pick and choose which ones to install.

Good idea for enhancement request for IK Product Manager.

Thanks! I am fine with doing manual steps to achieve this. Only download first and then install only the ones I need. Got it!

12 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Thanks! I am fine with doing manual steps to achieve this. Only download first and then install only the ones I need. Got it!

IK Product Manager doesn't have an option to only download--install is the only option, AFAIK.  But you can then uninstall and then manually install.  There is a way to manually download, but I wouldn't recommend it for SampleTank 4 (42 files).  But easiest way is to do the deletion after installation.

Edited by ALC

2 minutes ago, ALC said:

IK Product Manager doesn't have an option to only download--install is the only option, AFAIK.  But you can then uninstall and then manually install.  There is a way to manually download, but I wouldn't recommend it for SampleTank 4 (42 files).

You can also check the folder: Documents -> IK Multimedia -> IK Product Manager

There you will find all the downloaded files. I do always clean-up the folders to keep my C-drive clean.

2 minutes ago, ALC said:

IK Product Manager doesn't have an option to only download--install is the only option, AFAIK.  But you can then uninstall and then manually install.  There is a way to manually download, but I wouldn't recommend it for SampleTank 4 (42 files).

Yesterday I installed Syntronik deluxe. There was an option to download and install all at once, but I also got individual synth entry right in IK Product Manager to install each individually. I kind of hoped there was something similar for SampleTank.

2 minutes ago, Frank said:

You can also check the folder: Documents -> IK Multimedia -> IK Product Manager

There you will find all the downloaded files. I do always clean-up the folders to keep my C-drive clean.

Yes! Already doing this and copying to a backup network drive. This GB is really drive space intensive! 😋

1 minute ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Yesterday I installed Syntronik deluxe. There was an option to download and install all at once, but I also got individual synth entry right in IK Product Manager to install each individually. I kind of hoped there was something similar for SampleTank.

Nope.  Since you can purchase each synth individually, each synth can be installed separately (i.e. it's a separate, standalone product).  Same thing with SampleTank 4 MAX ... all the individual libraries are exposed as separately installable.  But SampleTank 4 is a single product so it's all or nothing.