IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

21 hours ago, Bapu said:

Seriously asking for a friend.

If he buys Modo Drum for $299 can he get Amplitube 5 as a freebie?

If a friend new to IK asked me about the best way to jump into this group buy, I would recommend buying an older $99.99 2nd hand IK product, to qualify for crossgrades, and then getting 200 Gear Credits and buying Amplitube.

The current market for 2nd hand IK products has plenty of supply and good bargains. E.g., check Larry's signature. That AT Brian May for $40 may not last very long... ($40+$160 Gear Credits - 15% GROOVE3 coupon = $176 for 14 items)

Of course, the double-dip route already suggested is a great option too, it costs more money but your friend would end up with more products.

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well I'm up to 7 freebies that I can never use... 😢

Take duplicates...that's what I'm doing.  I'm not going to waste them...
If I decide to off TS3 Max somewhere down the road, I'll still have most
of my products...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

If a friend new to IK asked me about the best way to jump into this group buy, I would recommend buying an older $99.99 2nd hand IK product, to qualify for crossgrades, and then getting 200 Gear Credits and buying Amplitube.

The current market for 2nd hand IK products has plenty of supply and good bargains. E.g., check Larry's signature. That AT Brian May for $40 may not last very long... ($40+$160 Gear Credits - 15% GROOVE3 coupon = $176 for 14 items)

Of course, the double-dip route already suggested is a great option too, it costs more money but your friend would end up with more products.

Still I think jumping in once with a 199,99 item would be cheaper, ie. ARC software is 199,99. Unless the friend would want to double dip, just buying this will open the doors to all upgrades. No?

Oh there may be no option to buy ARC soft with gear credits, didn't check that.

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Still I think jumping in once with a 199,99 item would be cheaper, ie. ARC software is 199,99. Unless the friend would want to double dip, just buying this will open the doors to all upgrades. No?

Oh there may be no option to buy ARC soft with gear credits, didn't check that.

Nope, ARC is not in Custom Shop.  Here's a deal on ARC 3 with mic for $184 (which will get you in at the $249.99 tier though there's no advantage over the $199.99 tier): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1633035-REG/ik_multimedia_ac_300_hcd_in_arc_system_3_with.html

Edited by ALC

I'm not sold on this.

I have everything that was in the version of MAX they sold last year, plus all the Amplitube stuff and MODO Bass.

The idea of Tron-ifying my samples with Sampletron 2 sounds vaguely cool.  I'm sure the new reverb sounds great as well as the Comprexxor, but I'm not convinced that I need those.  I don't really hear any of the SampleTank libraries calling me either.