IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I'm not really interested in Amps (I have NI Guitar rig and rarely use it), but would there be some gem hidden away with which I could create thát 80s synthwave guitar sound? Or is there something similar to be found in Guityar Rig (or another)?

I look at it this way, the group price makes it a very low cost way to experiment and not worry that you spent a fortune.
I say that as a person that has no guitar skills at all :D  Also I brought Amplitude 5 as my buy in. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I look at it this way, the group price makes it a very low cost way to experiment and not worry that you spent a fortune.
I say that as a person that has no guitar skills at all :D  Also I brought Amplitude 5 as my buy in. 

Well if (when) we get another freebie I could go for Amplitude 5 SE. Any comments?

1 minute ago, Nick Blanc said:

Well if (when) we get another freebie I could go for Amplitude 5 SE. Any comments?

I am too much of a newbie to offer advice. I play keys. I found a few YouTube videos using Amplitube for a more gritting sound and thought use that as buy in and then get T-Racks for my free items along with Sampletron II +++.  I say +++ because I double dipped and now I have several routes to go. I brought  Cinekinetik and now have second tier of $149.99 to choose from.  ( I blame Simeon on that one )

I'm still on the fence. I went to my IK user area to see what I actually have. I have Studio MAX 2 , TRacks MAX and full sampletank but I guess the upgrade to MAX 3 isn't in this deal. MAX has a lot of the offerings in it already. I am tempted by the Organ and Leslie. Not something I would use every day but it looks interesting. I have Modo bass but not Modo drums, however I have a half dozen similar kits in other programs. I have ARC3 with the mic. Plugins include the Stealth Limiter and the Lurrsen.

I guess this is what happens when you've been through a couple of these group buys already. I am more of a keys and acoustic guitar player so Amplitube isn't high on my list, though I have the light version of A5 and the full version of A4.

I am looking to maybe get away from another well known plug in maker to plugins that don't require a fee to update. I have a bunch of IK plugins. I'm sure I don't have all of them. Honestly not sure how they compare to others in every case. Some are dated and others are more recent. Any AI plugins offered? None are jumping out at me.I have a rather large bunch of the mocked up to look like hardware ones. More version of Pultec than I know what to do with. I have heard some very good mixes only done using TRacks plugins.

Which plugins are go too plug ins you use often?

21 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I'm still on the fence. I went to my IK user area to see what I actually have. I have Studio MAX 2 , TRacks MAX and full sampletank but I guess the upgrade to MAX 3 isn't in this deal. MAX has a lot of the offerings in it already. I am tempted by the Organ and Leslie. Not something I would use every day but it looks interesting. I have Modo bass but not Modo drums, however I have a half dozen similar kits in other programs. I have ARC3 with the mic. Plugins include the Stealth Limiter and the Lurrsen.

I guess this is what happens when you've been through a couple of these group buys already. I am more of a keys and acoustic guitar player so Amplitube isn't high on my list, though I have the light version of A5 and the full version of A4.

I am looking to maybe get away from another well known plug in maker to plugins that don't require a fee to update. I have a bunch of IK plugins. I'm sure I don't have all of them. Honestly not sure how they compare to others in every case. Some are dated and others are more recent. Any AI plugins offered? None are jumping out at me.I have a rather large bunch of the mocked up to look like hardware ones. More version of Pultec than I know what to do with. I have heard some very good mixes only done using TRacks plugins.

Which plugins are go too plug ins you use often?

I am not aware of any AI plugins by IKM.

FWIW.. AT 5 is pretty good. Allows for some really interesting sound creations. You could use it like a rock and roll tool. But you could also do really interesting stuff that verges into sound design with stringed instrument. I quite like it. I use the there amp sim option and do all sorts of weird mix and match stuff to get odd sounds out of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am not aware of any AI plugins by IKM.

FWIW.. AT 5 is pretty good. Allows for some really interesting sound creations. You could use it like a rock and roll tool. But you could also do really interesting stuff that verges into sound design with stringed instrument. I quite like it. I use the there amp sim option and do all sorts of weird mix and match stuff to get odd sounds out of it.

I liked what I seen with AT5 . There is no "learn how to play guitar" function on it though 😁

To be fair I could squeak by on an electric if you didn't listen too close. I imagine it has vast improvements over AT4 and plays well with the new IK interface.

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

I'm not really interested in Amps (I have NI Guitar rig and rarely use it), but would there be some gem hidden away with which I could create thát 80s synthwave guitar sound? Or is there something similar to be found in Guityar Rig (or another)?

Not sure what type of synthwave guitar type of sound you're after but for that typical 80's Strat sound I'm using Fulltone and both Fender collections with great effect.

23 minutes ago, Zolton said:

The September signup rate is around 10.5/hour. Here's what it would take the rest of the way to get 20 (or more, or less, depending on your sweet spot):

image.png.552f10402b6f89c79fc754df7fbf79f9.png

Jack that jam, indeed.

Yeah!! 17 to 18.. I win..!!  Peter needs to send me a free code for something.. .. 🙂