IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

Have read entire thread. I didn't know that Peter_IK was a fan of specialty Italian foods. I highly recommend he try Rummo  Pasta :D.

I'm about to enter the GB and have a question.

I bought 200 Gear Credits using Jam Points to get it down to $112. I thought I was going to buy MODO Drum with those but was mistaken that it was available in the Custom Shop.

At first it looked like I had a real problem because I've got Total Studio Max and AmpliTube 5 SE plus a bunch of Custom Shop Amps I started out with. Then I looked into SampleTron which I want to buy. If I buy that at $199 I should be able to get MODO Drum as a free product correct?

EDIT - I see that I'm always seeing MODO Drum at $199 price because it's a Crossgrade - I probably need to make it my first purchase don't I?

Edited by Doug Steinschneider

11 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

Have read entire thread. I didn't know that Peter_IK was a fan of specialty Italian foods. I highly recommend he try Rummo  Pasta :D.

I'm about to enter the GB and have a question.

I bought 200 Gear Credits using Jam Points to get it down to $112. I thought I was going to buy MODO Drum with those but was mistaken that it was available in the Custom Shop.

At first it looked like I had a real problem because I've got Total Studio Max and AmpliTube 5 SE plus a bunch of Custom Shop Amps I started out with. Then I looked into SampleTron which I want to buy. If I buy that at $199 I should be able to get MODO Drum as a free product correct?

Correct...SampleTron will unlock the crossgrade price of $199.99 for MODO Drums, allowing it to be taken as a freebie

When I first started with IK products I bought the iRig UA 2015. I wanted a little bass amp emulator for my Android phone. That worked out well, I like the sound of the B15 on it (written in stone inside hardware - phone app is just to make adjustments). 

I had always wanted the Miroslav collection since reading about it back when he created it (was fan of his bass playing in Mahavishnu Orchestra). I was amazed when I saw because I had bought the iRig UA that I could buy the full Miroslav 2 for $130 in 2017 as crossgrade with Jam Points. 

Then because I'm frugal I went the Custom Shop route to buy SVX and Fender 1 so I had some decent amp sims for amps I would use. 

Because of all the above steps I got to  the IK Buyer 101 level. Over on the Cantabile forum I defended the confusing IK marketing as something you can sort out and if you wait for sales you can get the products at very affordable prices. I posted a link to this thread there calling it a college level course on the Group Buy :D

Edited by Doug Steinschneider
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, DrShelder said:

ARC 3 + Calibrated Dayton Audio EMM-6
How good it is?

I've read that it is miles ahead of ARC2 and the mic that followed that kit (I own it and the mic) and is supposedly better than Sonarworks 4, and on par with Sonarworks Reference.

I went ahead and bought this package (ARC 3 + Calibrated Dayton Audio EMM-6), and Am awaiting its arrival. 

I haven't gotten a serial for ARC3 yet, but I suppose it will come with the mic.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

IK's "workings"

Speaking of IK's "working", their customer support has been terrible for me. I ordered an AXE I/O and no notices, no shipment, 12+ days later.  I sent an email to support, and they responded that they don't have any, and don't know when they will. So I asked them to cancel the order. I ordered one somewhere else and got it in two days. Meanwhile the order was still not cancelled. So I registered my new AXE I/O. Later the that day they finally cancelled my order AND removed my AXE I/O which I bought somewhere else from my account. It's now been two days and I still don't have my purchased product back in my account. Terrible support.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

When I first started with IK products I bought the iRig UA 2015. I wanted a little bass amp emulator for my Android phone. That worked out well, I like the sound of the B15 on it (written in stone inside hardware - phone app is just to make adjustments). 

I had always wanted the Miroslav collection since reading about it back when he created it (was fan of his bass playing in Mahavishnu Orchestra). I was amazed when I saw because I had bought the iRig UA that I could buy the full Miroslav 2 for $130 in 2017 as crossgrade with Jam Points. 

Then because I'm frugal I went the Custom Shop route to buy SVX and Fender 1 so I had some decent amp sims for amps I would use. 

Because of all the above steps I got to  the IK Buyer 101 level. Over on the Cantabile forum I defended the confusing IK marketing as something you can sort out and if you wait for sales you can get the products at very affordable prices. I posted a link to this thread there calling it a college level course on the Group Buy :D

BTW. Welcome to the Cakewalk forum.  Lot's of "interesting" people around here. And we can always use one more Doug.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Speaking of IK's "working", their customer support has been terrible for me. I ordered an AXE I/O and no notices, no shipment, 12+ days later.  I sent an email to support, and they responded that they don't have any, and don't know when they will. So I asked them to cancel the order. I ordered one somewhere else and got it in two days. Meanwhile the order was still not cancelled. So I registered my new AXE I/O. Later the that day they finally cancelled my order AND removed my AXE I/O which I bought somewhere else from my account. It's now been two days and I still don't have my purchased product back in my account. Terrible support.

Even their support can be quite tedious.  The ONLY saving grace is that Pete from IK is here
to "elevate" issues...but if not for him, their support would be lackluster at best

• Like 4