IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

8 hours ago, mibby said:

Speaking of Amplitude, I'll be getting Amplitude 5 SE.   What are your guys' favorites and must-have Amplitude packs?  I'm trying to prioritize...   B|

Keep in mind you can try them all using the Custom Shop and decide from there. That said, if I could only pick one, it would be Fender (ok, ok, that's two)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 3

9 hours ago, mibby said:

must-have Amplitude packs

If I only bought one it would be the Hendrix Anniversary Pack

2 Twins
Blonde Bassman (the good one with the presence control)
Dual Showman
British Lead 100 (used this a lot before the JH Gold)
JH Gold (plexi 100)
SUNN 1200 (never used it)
SILVER TONE TWIN 12 (never used it)

t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok so I'm posting:

1) because I know many of you are checking and it's so quiet, you're sad that there is no update here.

2) because I'm trying to sort things out to make sure I didn't miss anything I don't have.... So, for those spreadsheet makers and others who want to work out their brains a bit tonight, a couple of quick questions...

T-Racks: If I have T-Racks 5 Max, and I add Space Delay, Sunset Reverb and Comprexxor, I have everything T-Racks-related, right?
Syntronik: If I have Syntronik Deluxe, I have 'em all, right? (there aren't any of the individual synths in the GB that I need to get seperately)?
Amplitube: And Amplitube is a bit more complicated, but from my calculations, I had Amplitube 4 Max, so a bunch of the packs got upgraded, but if I got Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Joe Satriani and Leslie, I believe I should be covered? (basically the same as Amplitube 5 Max?)
Sampletank: I have Sampletank 4. I'm assuming I'd have to get all of the Sampletank packs that are available in the Group Buy (like 30 of them) to have the equivalent of Sampletank 4 MAX?

I know it's a lot of questions and thinking....  feel free to ignore this. I know there are many here who pay attention way more than I do and since I have been trying to sort out this stuff for a week and my brain is mush haha, wondering if I missed anything.

@Luc

Regarding Amplitube, you'd be missing the new impulse response functionality that is in AT5 "full" but not AT5 CS

In general I would use a combination of looking in Custom Shop and checking in the DAW whether the plugin opens or it complains about a license being required

Custom Shop gets pretty close to being accurate but I am coming across strange edge cases with items that I do have a license for, but CS is not showing them with the green checkmark. Some examples are the Classic T-Racks Equalizer or the Opto Tremolo Stomp. Also, for collections it seems random whether they'll show the checkmark or not. For many of these collections (e.g., Amplitube Leslie, Fender 2, etc.) they don't show the checkmark but, if I click on them to get the details about the included items, all of them are checkmarked (or all but one, that I do have a license for anyway). I have tried the "restore my purchases" multiple times but it didn't make a difference

3 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

@Luc

Regarding Amplitube, you'd be missing the new impulse response functionality that is in AT5 "full" but not AT5 CS

In general I would use a combination of looking in Custom Shop and checking in the DAW whether the plugin opens or it complains about a license being required

Oh I forgot to mention, yeah I do have the full (not MAX) AT5 now so it sounds like I'm set. Thanks. And that's good advice checking to see if the license shows up when loading. And definitely good to know that the CS checkmarks aren't always accurate cuz I based some of my plans on that. So many bits and pieces it's tough to keep track of what I have and what I don't. Though deep down, it's a good problem to have, I guess! :)

• Like 2

I purchased my 2nd Group Buy entry today and I was just installing all the new software. Something that I want to give thanks for is the IK Installation Manager. It has worked really well and it makes a tremendous difference in the installation and authorization process compared to how cumbersome it used to be a couple of years ago

• Like 4

zz4SfxH.jpg

Now that I joined The I K Group  Buy my mix's have gotten remarkably better .

I even got some new clients and with the extra money I've made , I bought myself a new dinner table .

1621282309_xlyr3g0g4r.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 8

56 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Massive slow down....641...

I think that was to be expected after it got to 10,000 ?  There's probably lots of other variables to consider too - day of the week - end of the month (payday for some) etc etc 

We'll see another bump nearer the end of the GB I suspect

I suppose the way to look at it is that anything else going forward is a bonus (glass is half full :) )

Edited by simon
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, simon said:

I think that was to be expected after it got to 10,000 ?  There's probably lots of other variables to consider too - day of the week - end of the month (payday for some) etc etc 

We'll see another bump nearer the end of the GB I suspect

I suppose the way to look at it is that anything else going forward is a bonus (glass is half full :) )

That's a fact!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luc said:

Ok so I'm posting:

1) because I know many of you are checking and it's so quiet, you're sad that there is no update here.

2) because I'm trying to sort things out to make sure I didn't miss anything I don't have.... So, for those spreadsheet makers and others who want to work out their brains a bit tonight, a couple of quick questions...

T-Racks: If I have T-Racks 5 Max, and I add Space Delay, Sunset Reverb and Comprexxor, I have everything T-Racks-related, right?
Syntronik: If I have Syntronik Deluxe, I have 'em all, right? (there aren't any of the individual synths in the GB that I need to get seperately)?
Amplitube: And Amplitube is a bit more complicated, but from my calculations, I had Amplitube 4 Max, so a bunch of the packs got upgraded, but if I got Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Joe Satriani and Leslie, I believe I should be covered? (basically the same as Amplitube 5 Max?)
Sampletank: I have Sampletank 4. I'm assuming I'd have to get all of the Sampletank packs that are available in the Group Buy (like 30 of them) to have the equivalent of Sampletank 4 MAX?

I know it's a lot of questions and thinking....  feel free to ignore this. I know there are many here who pay attention way more than I do and since I have been trying to sort out this stuff for a week and my brain is mush haha, wondering if I missed anything.

I think you're on track with T-RackS, and if you follow the advice given for AmpliTube, you should be good there as well.

So I'm only going to comment on SampleTank...

Unless you can somehow get the ST4 MAX crossgrade, you will not get the MAX package via individual Group Buy freebies. Although as freebies go, there are numerous SampleTank 3 instruments, and post ST4 instrument collection releases that you can pickup. But there are 2,000 more instruments, and an additional 160GB of samples in MAX, that are not included in the full ST4!

SampleTank4 Editions.JPG

Edited by abacab