IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

32 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

Been holding off on Amplitube Brian May, finally got it as one of my freebies. OMG it is fun and good! Don't mean to derail from our topic but that is a goldie!

agreed!! i was holding off as I thought it was a pack for Queen fans. but it turns out the collection has lots of really great tools to make original sounds with.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mark Stow said:

Been holding off on Amplitube Brian May, finally got it as one of my freebies. OMG it is fun and good! Don't mean to derail from our topic but that is a goldie!

I just picked up that and Satch. Satch inspired me to get my old Rockman working. It's way too much fun!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I just picked up that and Satch. Satch inspired me to get my old Rockman working. It's way too much fun!

Yep, I also got Satch for the Rockman. Instant great memories. The distortion sound is the Boston sound of course, but can be adapted a lot with other gear.

My Rockman gear is also in dire need of TLC. 😟 The one in AT5 should last forever. 😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Stow said:

Not a derail! Great input for anyone thinking of jumping in the GB. 👍

Compared to other of the tracks comment we have done here, yours is helpful! I will add this pack to my freebies list!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Yep, I also got Satch for the Rockman. Instant great memories. The distortion sound is the Boston sound of course, but can be adapted a lot with other gear.

My Rockman gear is also in dire need of TLC. 😟 The one in AT5 should last forever. 😄

My Rockman had broken solder joints on the headphone out jacks. I resoldered those and it fired right up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mibby said:

Speaking of Amplitude, I'll be getting Amplitude 5 SE.   What are your guys' favorites and must-have Amplitude packs?  I'm trying to prioritize...   B|

First, play with what you have in there. Just the starting included gear is already quite good. Try to figure out what sounds you are missing or would like to have better than what's already there for your playing style. For example if crunch sounds are not to your liking, maybe the orange pack would be a good addition. If it's the cleans or slightly clean that your looking for maybe the Fender packs would be great for you. Personal favorites of mine are the Fender and Orange packs for guitar and SVX for bass. And probably because I haven't tried the others yet! 😏

But I want them all!!!! 🤘

• Great Idea 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, abacab said:

Thanks for the info! I'm not a guitar player, and only own AT4 MAX because IK decided to give it to me for free in the Total Studio MAX bundle last year. :)

My AT4 MAX gear all came across to AT5 CS just fine, and I do like the new interface better! I have even tried some guitar amps on a few virtual guitars plugins, and they sound cool, but I have no idea how to play them like a real guitarist... 🤪

Hi abacab,

I also purchased the Total Studio Max bundle last year. I later decided to get an Axe IO Solo  so bought it as a bundle with AT5 so my incremental cost for AT5 SE was about $50. My current favorite bass amp sim is the Aguilar 750 from AT5 (NY Bass). 

The Axe IO Solo has worked out to be one of the best studio purchases I've made. Guitars and basses play and sound better through it. A nice bonus was windows sound sources keep playing even after I load Reaper.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Speaking of Amplitude, I'll be getting Amplitude 5 SE.   What are your guys' favorites and must-have Amplitude packs?  I'm trying to prioritize...   B|

I like Fender 2 better than 1, the Mesa Boogie amps are awesome, both SVX bundles rock for bass, I like the Marshall amps in Slash. I haven't delved in to Satch, Brian May or Dimebag yet because I just picked them up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

Hi abacab,

I also purchased the Total Studio Max bundle last year. I later decided to get an Axe IO Solo  so bought it as a bundle with AT5 so my incremental cost for AT5 SE was about $50. My current favorite bass amp sim is the Aguilar 750 from AT5 (NY Bass). 

The Axe IO Solo has worked out to be one of the best studio purchases I've made. Guitars and basses play and sound better through it. A nice bonus was windows sound sources keep playing even after I load Reaper.  

Glad you like that AXE! But all of my guitars are completely virtual, so nothing to plug in here.

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

agreed!! i was holding off as I thought it was a pack for Queen fans. but it turns out the collection has lots of really great tools to make original sounds with.

The Red Special stomp is a pretty cool pickup sim and it's nice to have a treble boost.  

Also, not a huge fan of Slash but love the MXR Chorus in that collection. 

4 hours ago, bluzdog said:

like the Marshall amps in Slash

The Silver Jubilee and the 2203 are fine amps. The Jubilee was one I had to "beat" when I built my collaborator his amps. He loved his Jube!
I had a 2210, great amp, never had a 2203.

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

not a huge fan of Slash

tone or style?

t

• Like 2

Not a huge Slash fan either, (I do like SCOM and WTTJ, great lead playing on both) But I do like his collection!

Mesa Boogie collection is my fav out of all of them. Not sure why but I still gravitate towards the Amplitube Clean amp!!

I will pass a secret on to everyone here, AT Tube Comp.

• Thanks 1