IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That math doesn't work based on their ad...

the first freebie would have arrived at 2,000 and therefore counting would begin at 1 when we reached 2,000
and freebies would be 1 BEHIND the 1,000 count point, but it's NOT,
and according to the ad there was 10 freebies at 10,000, 11, at 11,000, 12 at 12,000, 13 at 13,000, 14 at 14,000,
15 at 15,000, 16 at 16,000, 17 at 17,000, 18 at 18,000, 19 at 19,000 and 20 at 20,000 and then SO ON...

Capture.JPG

Notice that for every thousand there is a freebie...not "1 behind"

Oh I see now, according to this, they owe us one extra freebie then :D:D🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

You've left out Zolton (the artist formerly known as Charlie Hatton) and I'll take a vowel for 16 Pat...

t

Nah, I'm not predicting; I'm just watching the pretty numbers go by.

Speaking of which, there were more signups by noon today than all of yesterday, but the (significant) blip seems to have... um, unblipped in the last couple of hours:

image.png.025f2661da4d0d3a5c0dae31d5dc4afa.png

Seems a fair chance the September ride is going to be all roller-coastery throughout. 

Edited by Zolton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I ordered the following from Amazon:

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated Measurement Microphone for iPhone, iPad Tablet and Android,Black - $22.89 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADR2B84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

aceyoon Trrs Extension Cable 10ft / 3m 3.5mm Male to Female 4 Pole Aux Audio Cord Headphone Car Stereo Extender with Mic for Smartphone, Tablet, Speaker - $6.98 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093715WVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's an experiment.  If it doesn't work, I have another measurement mic I can use (but not calibrated).

Ordered one as well from Amazon.ca. Cost me CDN$ 33.96 with free shipping and no tax. Looks very promising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALC said:

I ordered the following from Amazon:

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated Measurement Microphone for iPhone, iPad Tablet and Android,Black - $22.89 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADR2B84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

aceyoon Trrs Extension Cable 10ft / 3m 3.5mm Male to Female 4 Pole Aux Audio Cord Headphone Car Stereo Extender with Mic for Smartphone, Tablet, Speaker - $6.98 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093715WVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's an experiment.  If it doesn't work, I have another measurement mic I can use (but not calibrated).

Noice!  And I thought I was the only tightwad in this forum 😝.  I bought the same mic, and it works great with *ARC-3.  Looking at the specs, I think it has the same transducer as just about every <$100 measurement mic.

* Here is the fine print- It is an electret mic that needs @5 volts, so it will work straight in to your phone or PC. Alas- I could not get ASIO4ALL to allow input from one device and output to a different one.  I think that may be an "ASIO" thing.  So now I needed to plug the mic into my Focusrite (where my speakers are).  I bought this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L42PBY5  to adapt the mic to XLR AND drop the 48volts to 5 for the mic.  Now we are at about $45 with our money saving adventure (high sales taxes here).  ONE MORE THING- you need to make sure your headphone adapter for TRRS 4-pole  3/8 input has a three pole 3/8 MIC output to go into the XLR adapter.  A lot of "headphone" adapters ignore the mic out. I had the adapter already, or the cash outlay would be another $5 or so. If you feel like soldering and have an old XLR cable to sacrifice, you could make a voltage drop mod with one resister and one DC blocking cap.  I didn't have a sacrificial cable so I took the easy route.

Good luck and PM me if you hit a snag.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Well at the current tier, I have 5 freebies that I can never use (since I already have all the titles in the list), so ...

I'm going to start guessing how many unusable freebies I will have if we go much further, LOL!

Too bad we cannot convert all these to Jam Points or something! 🤪

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Noice!  And I thought I was the only tightwad in this forum 😝.  I bought the same mic, and it works great with *ARC-3.  Looking at the specs, I think it has the same transducer as just about every <$100 measurement mic.

* Here is the fine print- It is an electret mic that needs @5 volts, so it will work straight in to your phone or PC. Alas- I could not get ASIO4ALL to allow input from one device and output to a different one.  I think that may be an "ASIO" thing.  So now I needed to plug the mic into my Focusrite (where my speakers are).  I bought this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L42PBY5  to adapt the mic to XLR AND drop the 48volts to 5 for the mic.  Now we are at about $45 with our money saving adventure (high sales taxes here).  ONE MORE THING- you need to make sure your headphone adapter for TRRS 4-pole  3/8 input has a three pole 3/8 MIC output to go into the XLR adapter.  A lot of "headphone" adapters ignore the mic out. I had the adapter already, or the cash outlay would be another $5 or so. If you feel like soldering and have an old XLR cable to sacrifice, you could make a voltage drop mod with one resister and one DC blocking cap.  I didn't have a sacrificial cable so I took the easy route.

Good luck and PM me if you hit a snag.

Thanks for the info.  Fortunately, my main music computer is a Mac, but I do have Windows computers as well, so good to know.  Have you tried using the non-ASIO driver (I'm thinking the latency doesn't matter, but I don't know).

Edited by ALC

Right, new freebies, not shure what to get. I'm not interested in any of the Amplitude, MODO or  other guitar stuff. I could go for Philharmonik 2 CE.

What would that give me what Spitfire's Albion One and BBC SO does not give me? Or what about the Space Delay. I'm a sucker for Roland, so...

• Like 1

If I already have T-Racks 4 Max and T-Racks 5 CS, what are the advantages in getting "regular" T-Racks 5? is there anything besides the Classic EQ and the "non-full" metering? (is there some "full version only" feature like it happens in Amplitube where the new impulse response features are available if you have the full version but unavailable if using the CS version?)

3 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Question...I got the ARC 3 software thinking I could pick up the MEMS mic for cheap using Jam points. But shipping to Canada costs almost as much as the mic itself. I live close to the border and would normally ship it to a US address, but with the border still closed... 

Any of you other Canadians have a source for a measurement mic that won't cost an arm and a leg? 

This will do a great job I am sure. It comes with a calibration file. Check if the price is right for you. It is from a Canadian store near Montreal.

https://solen.ca/products/electronics/test-equipment/dayton-audio-emm-6-electret-measurement-microphone/

• Thanks 1