IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

Just took a small break from this thread to give some of my new IK software a try!

ARC 3: Was able to easily create a profile using my USB UMIK-1 calibration mic. I played my latest mix through it and it is very different than without it, in a good way. My bedroom studio is ok, but not ideal. I have some acoustic panelling but no bass trap. ARC tamed the bass very well!

Lurssen Mastering Console: Probably the easiest way to master and sounds great! To be able to automate changes like adding more push in chorus is very cool.

Comment to IK: In the next version of Lurssen, think about a way to add ARC, for those that have it, to the standalone version. These two should be able to go together somehow!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

Love me some balsamic!

You guys are thinking WAY to small. Modena is just down the road from Maranello! IE….a free Ferrari  give-away would absolutely  be in order!😎 As a consolation prize I would suggest a nice bowl of tortellini. Best bowl I’ve ever had was just outside of Modena:)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, tortellini beat tortelloni anytime.

Mmmm I just ordered a bunch of panna da cucina because we don't have any real Italian markets nearby, and can't wait to have it with tortellini.  Simple, too:  cook quality tortellini, drain, add panna da cucina over the pasta, some pepper, toss it around gently a bit, grate a metric ton of parm or romano to taste over it and enjoy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Man, I’ve been lusting after some cacio e pepe for so long now. Just came back from a week in (an almost empty) Venice and couldn’t find it anywhere. Time to revisit Lazio, me thinks. 

It's the way to go.  As an Italian-American I know that some of us dishonor our ancestors with the "go big or go home" (and/or completely bastardized) versions of their classic cuisine and I am absolutely guilty of that but I enjoy a minimalist approach like a cacio e pepe quite a bit.  Same with pizza... yes, I enjoy many different kinds (except Chicago style, sorry to offend but in my opinion those are not good) but I am proud that my daughter tends to prefer a basic Margherita pizza more than any other kind.  This kid from Joisey enjoys NY style a bit too much (and can only get "kinda close" here but still not nearly perfect... don't start me on the topic of bagels) even if we had to put a napkin on top to sop up the grease.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

55 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It's the way to go.  As an Italian-American I know that some of us dishonor our ancestors with the "go big or go home" (and/or completely bastardized) versions of their classic cuisine and I am absolutely guilty of that but I enjoy a minimalist approach like a cacio e pepe quite a bit.  Same with pizza... yes, I enjoy many different kinds (except Chicago style, sorry to offend but in my opinion those are not good) but I am proud that my daughter tends to prefer a basic Margherita pizza more than any other kind.  This kid from Joisey enjoys NY style a bit too much (and can only get "kinda close" here but still not nearly perfect... don't start me on the topic of bagels) even if we had to put a napkin on top to sop up the grease.

Thin crust Margherita is the holy grail😁

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Just had a Lou Malnati's deep dish past Saturday 😋

🤮 Sorry I couldn't resist.  I respect your opinion about terrible pizza.  OK, that's the last one I promise.  Seriously, I respect your opinion especially when the pizza I like frequently has so much oil that we'd invade it if it weren't already in the U.S.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:
1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Man, I’ve been lusting after some cacio e pepe for so long now. Just came back from a week in (an almost empty) Venice and couldn’t find it anywhere. Time to revisit Lazio, me thinks. 

Are we still talking plugins, right? Cause I don't recall any buttons or knobs on my plugins here bearing any of such names, and I totally get it that ONE could be tempted to stray away from the topic but all I can read here is that no pizza is EQual so that would suggest that the last one I had, which was Saturated with X number of toppings and side dishes, wasn't the end of world and next time I should try a different type or just go over it and simply enjoy my De-essert.

• Haha 4

Twenty-four hours into September, it looks like the current pace is around 9 signups/hour, which would land right around 17 freebies if nothing changes*.

image.png.7f2f46dd1f9046e6be14deb3bdbcf05d.png

* Everything changes. All the time.

(Plus, Peter may have something up his sleeve.)

(Besides pizza grease.)

(Aw, now I'm hungry. Booo.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Wait, you were visiting Venice Italy AND you were all over this forum during our rally to 10k?  I’m impressed…..I’m impressed your family didn’t disown you hahah