IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

In an effort to get more entries into this thread, I propose a guess the number of freebies at the end of September contest! There are no rules, and you can use as many spreadsheet as you'd like for this! But if I where you, I would limit my guesses between 11 and 24! Oh, and be reasonable on the font size🤨

Hopefully, the grand winner (or winer whichever suits him best!) of the unofficial and undisclosed "will we make it to 10,000 in time for an extension" contest will enlightened us with his best guess. Of course you all must have recognized I am talking about our own favorite IK guy: @Peter - IK Multimedia ! 💪

Anybody can enter the contest, even @cclarry who's knowledge of clocks is rather limited... 😛

Personally, being a true optimistic, my entry in the contest is of course 24! 🤩

Edit: since there seems to be many different and not so flattering definitions for "winer", the one I refer to here is from the urban dictionary: "Someone who only drinks top shelf, high end wines."

I'll take that as a compliment though it seems similar to when a parent has one child and calls them their favorite.  I'm all you've got for now, folks.  If I wasn't your favorite, I'd be [more] confused and maybe a little miffed :P

Leave @cclarry alone!  Dammit Jacques he's a deal-monger not a timekeeper.

And top-shelf wines are for people with more money than sense.  There's a great many very cost-effective wines that are incredibly good.  I've got some of those in the well-stocked bar, and haven't had any Cakewalk forum guests show up yet???

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

... and haven't had any Cakewalk forum guests show up yet???

Before the pandemic I would go to Florida at least once a year for a couple of weeks to escape the snow for a little while. Those were great times, not sure when and if they will return sadly. I would have gladly joined you for drink then!

Just now, Jacques Boileau said:

Before the pandemic I would go to Florida at least once a year for a couple of weeks to escape the snow for a little while. Those were great times, not sure when and if they will return sadly. I would have gladly joined you for drink then!

I'm in Georgia near Savannah so if you end up here after things settle down feel free to let me know!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I know this has been said before, but what was the highest an IK GB went to? Are we inline to beat it when we turn to 11 or do we need more than that?

I should know this with 100% confidence, but alas I might be wrong since I'm getting old and can't think back before 2018 as far as group buys go... This is the biggest.  We've hit 7K+ in the Pick & Mix group buy in 2019.  That had multiple product lines (TR and AT) so I think we figured out that seemed to work :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'm in Georgia near Savannah so if you end up here after things settle down feel free to let me know!

oh, I think you've stated before that IK has offices in Florida but you where not living in Florida, my bad memory is to blame.

I just checked in Google Map and from Montreal to Savanah it is just an 18 hours drive! Ouch! 😒

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'll take that as a compliment though it seems similar to when a parent has one child and calls them their favorite.  I'm all you've got for now, folks.  If I wasn't your favorite, I'd be [more] confused and maybe a little miffed :P

There are very few companies that drop by this forum let alone interact with us as much as you do! And not only when there is an IK GB! You may be the only one from IK here, but not the only one from the industry! The time spent here has made everyone more aware and certainly more interested in IK stuff! IK has gained from your involvement here, no doubt about that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

There are very few companies that drop by this forum let alone interact with us as much as you do! And not only when there is an IK GB! You may be the only one from IK here, but not the only one from the industry! The time spent here has made everyone more aware and certainly more interested in IK stuff! IK has gained from your involvement here, no doubt about that.

But once we get our comedy special, the group of Cakewalk forum comedians will be like:

n5ch3e0wjmn61.gif?s=47fa24da49bc0b24c150

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

But seriously thank you for the kind words.  I'm actually off right now too but waiting for my wife (outpatient surgery, I can't even go into the building so I'm out in the car) but this thread is too much fun to avoid.

Thanks Peter.  Best wishes and hopefully everything turns out okay.  Glad hospitals don’t have offers like IK where you need to crossgrade an organ first to get another one free.

Note:  please think that was funny…I’ll feel really bad if it was too soon or something more serious :)

I don’t know where the joking off button is..

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zolton said:

Oh, no no no. One of my dearest sayings is "Prediction is futile".

(It goes hand in hand with another favorite, "Hope is for babies". I'm super fun at parties.)

We're in the third phase of the group buy, and the "rampdown data" from the wild rock-all-night throw-your-panties phase was only 8 hours old, or about 1% of the time to come. Here's what those numbers and 14 hours more look like (note the gap in "Hrs left"; all rate calcs are per-hour averages):

image.png.534a6f30657ab84e4fe34fd3414a7702.png

In a couple of days, we'll have a better idea of the current rate, which should be a decent ballpark to play in -- future disasters, curveballs, additions, subtractions and night-rockin' bouts of panty-throwin' notwithstanding.

oh well. 17 is fine for me. the biggies i wanted i got. now am just collecting the quad series. i saw this thing one online this guy was doing to fix up live recordings by  squashing frequencies by band range with the  quad comp and limiter which looked really cool.  want to try it on some live recordings i have.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I went to Savannah for St. Patrick's day sometime around 1990. It was awesome! Bars were set up everywhere, bank lobbies, hardware stores, etc. I would have never guessed how much fun that would be!

All the best for your wife Peter.

• Like 1