IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

6 hours ago, Charlie Hatton said:

It turns out I have one more nerdy spreadsheet left in me. 

(Who am I kidding? I've always got a nerdy spreadsheet left in me. The laxatives never help.)

For still-interested parties / my own amusement, I want to track how far into 25-for-1 territory we may expect to get. The starting point for that is this:

image.png.fe6f22fc41a542d6696b1d24dc88a7c7.png

As of midnight, the count is 10537. Thirty bonus days times 24 hours means 720 hours to accumulate more signups.

The signup rate from the very beginning (9am EST on 8/5, I think) to the "race to 10k" announcement (around noon on 8/26) was 14.6/hour, or about one signup every four minutes.

(The rate from start to finish is higher -- 26.4/hour -- due to the mad rush from around midnight on the 29th through early afternoon on the 31th, a period averaging 33.4 signups/hour, better than one every two minutes. Assuming we're not due -- at least in the next four weeks -- for another mad scramble, the "pre-race" rate seems more realistic.)

It may also be useful to track the September-only signup rate, which could be -- or not? -- a little or a lot slower. That rate doesn't exist yet, but as a starting point, I used the average rate over the past 9 hours, when signups have slowed considerably. That's 12.44/hour, or around one every five minutes.

The last two columns show the estimated final count, based on either the "pre-race" 8/5 rate or the post-10k 9/1 rate of signups. Right now, we're in 19ish-for-1 territory, but with almost no relevant data to lean on. If anyone's interested, I'll post updates periodically to show how the trend is meandering over the course of the month.

so basically, you are predicting the final count will hit 19 to 20 free.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kevin H said:

In for first time?  You have a lot double and triple dipping to make up my friend hahah

2nd Group buy! long time IK user but 3rd world style 😉

I am getting the new suff, satriani, may, comprexor, reverb, amplitube. I have the rest
Enjoy yours Kevin

• Like 2

@Max Arwood are you in yet?
Its mind boggling to be sure.

I bought in with the ARC 3 w/mic. (long time ARC user had both the old mics but figured, do it right)
This gave me TRackS 5 Deluxe as a "free" bonus (did not use one of my GB tokens).
Put me at the $149 level ($104 using Jampoints IIRC, boy I hope I couldn't have saved even more with Gear Credits too).

Then when the Buy hit 10k I used Gear Credits 200 are $159.99 and 48 Jampoints puts it at $112.
I bought SampleTron 2, put me at the $200 level, that let me choose the Syntronik Deluxe ($269) why I don't know.
Then I grabbed MixBox and will have to fill out with a lot of lesser value items...

Moral to this long dissertation:
Its confusing! IF You (the French would use tu meaning you Max) are not currently an IKM user you will need to
make the first buy cautiously to accumulate some jampoints and then make another buy and rack up a bunch of freebies!

t

I know this only made things more confusing...
What if @cclarry and @Charlie Hattoncollaborated on a spreadsheet that got the neophyte IKM customer the absolute "most bang for your buck!"

A brilliant idea even if I do have to say it myself!
Oh no, think I've injured myself patting myself on the back.... 🙃

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1