IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

3 minutes ago, kevin H said:

In for first time?  You have a lot double and triple dipping to make up my friend hahah

Dang I already used the Matthew McConaughey "rookie numbers" meme in this thread.  :(

Edit... ooo ooo ooo I should have just grabbed this (but I may have already used it in the thread too lol):

First-Time-meme-template-of-The-Ballad-o

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

What is your ticket number?  For older software we typically recommend freezing/printing tracks when a project is completed as typically people aren't making tonal changes to projects years later but I know everybody isn't the same.  Regardless if you have ticket numbers I can have someone take a look.

Track freeze didn't exist at the time for the sessions I've been opening (some sessions I didn't work on in the 1st place), and some of the routing that wouldn't really recall properly (you'll have to trust me on this one).  This will be a bigger concern with all the Atmos and 360RA mixes we are having to recall and port over since often "stems" weren't commonly printed back in the day.  

Ticket #900282  Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Regardless, insert it into a Pro Tools session and it will happen.  Literally on every rig I've tried it on in over the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Track freeze didn't exist at the time for the sessions I've been opening (some sessions I didn't work on in the 1st place), and some of the routing that wouldn't really recall properly (you'll have to trust me on this one).  This will be a bigger concern with all the Atmos and 360RA mixes we are having to recall and port over since often "stems" weren't commonly printed back in the day.  

Ticket #900282  Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Regardless, insert it into a Pro Tools session and it will happen.  Literally on every rig I've tried it on in over the last 5 years.

I'll relay your ticket.  I no longer use AmpliTube 3 so I cannot insert it in Pro Tools at the moment myself but the support team can :) I've printed any project that old so as to preserve the tracks but I use Cubase and also can't remember when freeze wasn't there but running a track with effects to another audio track should be available in very old versions of most DAWs.  But that's not going to help at this point anyway so...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

What do you think I am Captain a miracle worker. If you want/need more Plug-ins  join the Darn Group Buy!

See I just helped Peter's marketing efforts :D   I'll be over for my free drink and that keyboard too :D

Free drink and you can play the keyboard that is right next to the very well-stocked bar :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have never done one of these group buys before. So....If I buy Modo Drums I could get Mix Box, ARC System 3, some AmpliTube Collections and more for the price of only one product? Where can I find out what is in promo and what is out? How could I add some processors to Amplitube? I saw someone say that they were buying custom shop stuff please explain or send links.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I have never done one of these group buys before. So....If I buy Modo Drums I could get Mix Box, ARC System 3, some AmpliTube Collections and more for the price of only one product? Where can I find out what is in promo and what is out? How could I add some processors to Amplitube? I saw someone say that they were buying custom shop stuff please explain or send links.

Thanks

The official list of qualifying products is here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

Basically, whatever price you see for an item listed on that page is your signup level. Purchase one, and any other product of that listed price or lower is available as a freebie, up to 10 (right now, but it should grow higher over the next month).

Just be careful of two things: (1) you can use Jam Points and/or Gear Credits to shave some cash off most items, if you have them -- but your "signup level" will remain the listed price, regardless of the discount; and (b) a few items are available as purchases to get into the group buy, but not selectable as freebies in quite the same form -- like the 4-item Electromagnetik package, which you could buy to enter at the $149 level, but can only select the 4 individual components as freebies, at the $49 level or higher.

I'm not so savvy about the Custom Shop, but that's where you'd buy the Gear Credits to buy items available in the Custom Shop, which gives you an advantage because higher Gear Credit levels can be bought at a discount and further reduced with Jam Points, if you have them. Not all qualifying items are available in the Custom Shop, though -- including Modo Drum -- so it's best to strategize if you go that route.

• Thanks 1

It turns out I have one more nerdy spreadsheet left in me. 

(Who am I kidding? I've always got a nerdy spreadsheet left in me. The laxatives never help.)

For still-interested parties / my own amusement, I want to track how far into 25-for-1 territory we may expect to get. The starting point for that is this:

image.png.fe6f22fc41a542d6696b1d24dc88a7c7.png

As of midnight, the count is 10537. Thirty bonus days times 24 hours means 720 hours to accumulate more signups.

The signup rate from the very beginning (9am EST on 8/5, I think) to the "race to 10k" announcement (around noon on 8/26) was 14.6/hour, or about one signup every four minutes.

(The rate from start to finish is higher -- 26.4/hour -- due to the mad rush from around midnight on the 29th through early afternoon on the 31th, a period averaging 33.4 signups/hour, better than one every two minutes. Assuming we're not due -- at least in the next four weeks -- for another mad scramble, the "pre-race" rate seems more realistic.)

It may also be useful to track the September-only signup rate, which could be -- or not? -- a little or a lot slower. That rate doesn't exist yet, but as a starting point, I used the average rate over the past 9 hours, when signups have slowed considerably. That's 12.44/hour, or around one every five minutes.

The last two columns show the estimated final count, based on either the "pre-race" 8/5 rate or the post-10k 9/1 rate of signups. Right now, we're in 19ish-for-1 territory, but with almost no relevant data to lean on. If anyone's interested, I'll post updates periodically to show how the trend is meandering over the course of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, Charlie Hatton said:

The official list of qualifying products is here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

Basically, whatever price you see for an item listed on that page is your signup level. Purchase one, and any other product of that listed price or lower is available as a freebie, up to 10 (right now, but it should grow higher over the next month).

Just be careful of two things: (1) you can use Jam Points and/or Gear Credits to shave some cash off most items, if you have them -- but your "signup level" will remain the listed price, regardless of the discount; and (b) a few items are available as purchases to get into the group buy, but not selectable as freebies in quite the same form -- like the 4-item Electromagnetik package, which you could buy to enter at the $149 level, but can only select the 4 individual components as freebies, at the $49 level or higher.

I'm not so savvy about the Custom Shop, but that's where you'd buy the Gear Credits to buy items available in the Custom Shop, which gives you an advantage because higher Gear Credit levels can be bought at a discount and further reduced with Jam Points, if you have them. Not all qualifying items are available in the Custom Shop, though -- including Modo Drum -- so it's best to strategize if you go that route.

Is the qualifying products list the same as the free list? If I had to get a duplicate produce could I sell them with a IK selling license? 

Anyone else have info on the this promo and the custom shop?

Wondering whether IK should change the phrasing here for clarity's sake. As it looks now, people might think that if the number of participants hits 25,000 they get a 25th freebie.

Maybe something like, "And so on, up to 24,000 participants and above, which would give a total of 25 titles for the price of 1!"

Just a thought.

image.png.ee0f9a2e2108a223a5a2f205c189dc23.png

Edited by fpoir

1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

Is the qualifying products list the same as the free list? If I had to get a duplicate produce could I sell them with a IK selling license? 

Anyone else have info on the this promo and the custom shop?

The qualifying list is not quite the same as the free list. There are some products that can be use to join the GB but not be chosen as a freebie, for example ARC System 3 with Mic, the  Electromagnetik and the Cinekinetik bundles. None of the Max products are in the GB. The link Charlie gave you has all the information regarding the GB. You cannot sell any of the free items you receive in the group buy, but I believe you can sell the item you used to get you into the GB after 90 days.

The Custom Shop is software you can install using the IK Product manager and allows you to buy certain items for Amplitude, T-Racks and SampleTank, or even the software itself. Not everything you can buy in the custom shop qualifies you for the GB, so you have to refer back to the above link. You can buy gear credits to use in the Custom Shop. It you buy 150 or more gear credits, you can get a discount. For example 200 gear credits costs you $160.  You can even use Jam Points to reduce the cost of the gear credits further. If you have enough Jam points (48), those 200 gear credits would cost you $112. You can then use those gear credit to buy something like Amplitude 5 which would get you in at the $200 level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fpoir said:

Wondering whether IK should change the phrasing here for clarity's sake. As it looks now, people might think that if the total hits 25,000 they get a 25th freebie.

Maybe something like, "And so on, up to 24,000 participants and above, which would give 25 titles for the price of 1!"

Just a thought.

image.png.ee0f9a2e2108a223a5a2f205c189dc23.png

This has already been discussed. The final levels have not been revealed yet, but they will not be multitudes of 1000.