IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I succumbed. Got in at the 99 euro level using jampoints and buying Brian May Amplitube pack.  I grabbed The Joe Satriani pack and the Orange pack which I partially owned to fill in the gaps.

Next t-Racks Space echo and I upgraded Syntronic to Delux adding three instruments to what I previously owned.

Now I am not really sure what to do 🥴  I will probably complete my collection of tape decks and then I am mostly left with Sampletank instruments but nothing is jumping out at me.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I made a point to mention in a morning meeting that people were creating charts and spreadsheets and gave credit to you all for this.  Thanks!

Did you get to mention during your morning meeting our suggestion to allow us to exchange freebies for some jam points for those of us with no more free products to pick? 😉

17 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Did you get to mention during your morning meeting our suggestion to allow us to exchange freebies for some jam points for those of us with no more free products to pick? 😉

Or make some custom packs for the AmpliTube stuff that are only in the Custom Shop or AmpliTube Max. Like Wampler bundle, only for the GB. 

4 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Oh geez , was that after OS upgrade?  

My guitar has probably been out of tune since windows 95 by the way heheh

It's been this way for years.  IK knows about it.  Avid knows about it.  The forums have heard me belly moan about it.  I think the mentality is "Meh, there's new versions- just use them instead of this vaporware...".  This would be fine, except for the recalls (and shakey confidence that this won't happen with other IK products in the future).  This also means if I launch a session where someone used it, I have to open the session with all plug in's disabled, and reable them skipping the Amplitube3's and some of those plug in's might have been disabled in the original session.  

The irony is that I keep this plug in in my plug in's folder and have set up a macro on my streamdeck that launches the plug in (it crashes in Audiosuite as well) if I want to force a bathroom break in the middle of a session.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, e-cue said:The irony is that I keep this plug in in my plug in's folder and have set up a macro on my streamdeck that launches the plug in (it crashes in Audiosuite as well) if I want to force a bathroom break in the middle of a session.  

Heheheh. Good idea.

13 minutes ago, e-cue said:

It's been this way for years.  IK knows about it.  Avid knows about it.  The forums have heard me belly moan about it.  I think the mentality is "Meh, there's new versions- just use them instead of this vaporware...".  This would be fine, except for the recalls (and shakey confidence that this won't happen with other IK products in the future).  This also means if I launch a session where someone used it, I have to open the session with all plug in's disabled, and reable them skipping the Amplitube3's and some of those plug in's might have been disabled in the original session.  

The irony is that I keep this plug in in my plug in's folder and have set up a macro on my streamdeck that launches the plug in (it crashes in Audiosuite as well) if I want to force a bathroom break in the middle of a session.  

What is your ticket number?  For older software we typically recommend freezing/printing tracks when a project is completed as typically people aren't making tonal changes to projects years later but I know everybody isn't the same.  Regardless if you have ticket numbers I can have someone take a look.

4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The ability to show/hide gear you don't have was very well-received in AmpliTube

I think it's great 👍

It also works in reverse and helps you see what you are missing from the Amplitude collection much easier.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

That's a weird way to say "I'm auditioning for Sonic Youth"

I do also agree with the YouTuber reference, though.  As much as I love that people share great content, I want to be the Don Draper of the music industry advertising business and come up with "I'd like to teach the world to tune, for perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a tuner, and keep it company"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I think it's great 👍

It also works in reverse and helps you see what you are missing from the Amplitude collection much easier.

But I'm still pushing for the return of "Gear I don't own" in Custom Shop.  And not just because I like to see the "Nothing to display" message when I click it :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1