IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

16 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

If I buy 100 gear credits I end up with 1000? How do I be sure it is on the group buy?

Thnaks

Are you asking if you get 10x the gear credits? If so, it doesn't quite work like that. If you buy the gear credits and then use them to purchase a product that is eligible for inclusion in the group buy, you will receive 10 free picks for the same retail price or less from the list of group buy included products. So make sure you pick a product with those gear credits that's listed on the group buy page. Also, I don't receive a commission on upsells or anything (lol) but if you buy 150, 200, 300 or 500 etc gear credits there's a further discount beyond 1 credit per dollar/euro, whereas buying 100 gear credits is no cheaper than spending $100 on the main site. And you probably already know that you can use a voucher code or jampoints when buying gear credits...

Oh boy. this drama will continue for another month. LOL!!!

I think I might have figured out what IKM are doing with this GB.. and Kudos to them. Smart move and good way to expand customer base and appease existing customers.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

it is gonna be the best ever!

It is so true. I cannot recall anything so attractive in my GAS-life from any top plugin providers. Unbelievable value for money and no one can complain about the treatment of new vs loyal customers now because we can buy their top 11 products for the price of 1 so it's just a theft for everyone :)

Honestly, I didn't expect to hit 1 + 10 (and most likely more with an extra month), so I'm pleasantly surprised by expanding my IK collection much more than I ever planned.

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Juste woke up and saw the counters! This is my first GB and it is gonna be the best ever! Thanks IK!

Ok, maybe IK's 50th anniversary GB will beat it!

If we make it another 25 years and we can still "buy" software for a general-purpose computer outside an app store, and not have a subscription for everything down to the audio interface drivers I'll consider it a win. :) 

more realistically, if I'm still around and making music in another 25 years at all I'll consider it a win

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

One must wonder what new software products they will push on the market next year, if the group buy really goes toward the final goal.

There won't be much to sell to us anymore.

I think something new is coming in 2022 and this GB is designed to  hook in  tons of new customers to upgrade.

What IKM did with this GB is they fixed the #1 complaint people had. When you install it, it installs everything under the sun and keeps popping up reminders that you don't own this and that. This GB pretty much enables you to buy one thing and fill up all the items you don't have so it stops the pop ups. This turned lots of sour customers into happy campers and plus, they hooked in tons of new customers and made some money.

• Like 2

There is something very insidious (in a good way) about the "bracket creep" I'm undergoing here. Because I've got so much IK stuff, I was initially uninterested. Since I've got a lot of jampoints, though I then thought, I"ll get in at the $100 level for $70, and pick up some of the smaller stuff I'm lacking. Since I've been wanting Comprexxor though and could get in at that level for about $20 more (with jampoints) I thought hell yeah, I'd buy Comprexxor for that.  I then saw the idea about buying 200 gear credits for 160, reducing it to $112 with jampoints, which would mean I could nab Tron 2 for an additional $22! Double hell yeah!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig N said:

Just make sure the thing you buy in the Custom Shop is listed on the Group Buy page, and if its something with a few flavours eg T-Racks, when you view the product page for that particular product variant it shows the red dialog at the top right of the screen indicating it qualifies. Because T-Racks MAX does not qualify, for instance, but T-Racks Deluxe does. 

Eligible GB.png

Yes, I panicked and thought I hadn't put similar text on the T-RackS 5 page but I found it was there.  The SampleTank 4 page also has similar text to make sure people are not confused.

3 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

One must wonder what new software products they will push on the market next year, if the group buy really goes toward the final goal.

There won't be much to sell to us anymore.

We will always have new software on the horizon.  Also some new hardware should arrive n 2022 as well.

3 hours ago, Piotr said:

It is so true. I cannot recall anything so attractive in my GAS-life from any top plugin providers. Unbelievable value for money and no one can complain about the treatment of new vs loyal customers now because we can buy their top 11 products for the price of 1 so it's just a theft for everyone :)

Honestly, I didn't expect to hit 1 + 10 (and most likely more with an extra month), so I'm pleasantly surprised by expanding my IK collection much more than I ever planned.

Nice, glad you are in and the 10K was more of a nail-biter than I expected it to be so you're not the only one surprised.  I knew we'd make it but I really thought it would be a little sooner than we did.

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I just tried the Fender collection which wasn't high on my list of freebies, but it's actually pretty good!

I ran it through the T-Racks EQ PA and I was pleasantly surprised 🙂

Now I'm wondering what other gems are in there!

Try adding EQ 81 at the end of the chain.  You don't even have to change anything but the level to taste, really, but you can also do the "Jason Sadites" trick and push the input and lower the output to match the level back to normal and get great results too.  My suggestion is more subtle but still noticeable.

2 hours ago, Fwrend said:

247902911_DaysLeft.JPG.9e70cb2e8c99ecdce666c6c646534e7d.JPG

Thanks IK for this extension - NO cash ATM.  Hopefully will be buying in twice before it's all said and done!

Awesome, you all pushed to get the extension through so congrats and thanks to your colleagues here.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I think something new is coming in 2022 and this GB is designed to  hook in  tons of new customers to upgrade.

What IKM did with this GB is they fixed the #1 complaint people had. When you install it, it installs everything under the sun and keeps popping up reminders that you don't own this and that. This GB pretty much enables you to buy one thing and fill up all the items you don't have so it stops the pop ups. This turned lots of sour customers into happy campers and plus, they hooked in tons of new customers and made some money.

Well, don't let anybody else see that.  The plan is still to fix that gripe in T-RackS 6.  The ability to show/hide gear you don't have was very well-received in AmpliTube, since the gear there isn't set up as "single" processors so it was daunting inside the whole rig when you dealt with stuff you don't have in the way if you didn't intend to try or buy it.  But having happy campers NOW is a great thing.

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Where's Peter btw? Taking a well deserved break after motivating us past the 10k line?

I actually went to bed early  between about 1-2AM EST (I am a night owl, after all) and my day doesn't officially start until 10AM EST and I walked into a doozy this morning.  You all REALLY pulled through, I get to see the reports each morning ("Beyond the Counter: The Peter-IK Story") and even though I knew you'd make it I was pretty shocked by the push.  Nicely done.  And you mostly motivated yourselves, I made a point to mention in a morning meeting that people were creating charts and spreadsheets and gave credit to you all for this.  Thanks!

• Like 3