IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Luc said:

Wooohooo!!!!!

Just to confirm, if I use gear credits to buy something in the Custom Shop, the purchase will count towards the GB right?

As long as it's eligible for the group buy, yes that's my understanding. I originally wrote that registering the code in your account enrolls you in the group buy, but I am not sure you'd get a code from the Custom Shop - it probably registers it directly into your account. All I know is tons of people have been buying with gear credits (even though I haven't) so we'd know by now if it didn't qualify.

Just make sure the thing you buy in the Custom Shop is listed on the Group Buy page, and if its something with a few flavours eg T-Racks, when you view the product page for that particular product variant it shows the red dialog at the top right of the screen indicating it qualifies. Because T-Racks MAX does not qualify, for instance, but T-Racks Deluxe does. 

Eligible GB.png

Edited by Craig N

2 minutes ago, Craig N said:

As long as it's eligible for the group buy, yes;

Thanks SO much! Hadn't thought of checking this. Was thinking the tape machines but it doesn't look like the bundle is part of  the group buy (unless I didn't make it to that page yet)... Trying to find a way to get in at the $199 level through Gear Credits. Proving more difficult than I had thought.

2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Thanks SO much! Hadn't thought of checking this. Was thinking the tape machines but it doesn't look like the bundle is part of  the group buy (unless I didn't make it to that page yet)... Trying to find a way to get in at the $199 level through Gear Credits. Proving more difficult than I had thought.

Ah yes, it does seem a bit tricky! I'm going to be facing this myself unless I opt for the 500 gear credits and jump in at 300.

Perhaps the Amplitude 5 upgrade? For me it's listed as $199 / 200 Gear Credits -- and Amplitude 5 at $199 is also listed on my Crossgrade/Upgrade page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

11 minutes ago, Luc said:

Buy 200 gear credits for $160 or less if you use Jam Points to buy the gear credits. Then use the gear credits to buy Amplitude 5 upgrade or SampleTank upgrade, or SampleTron 2 upgrade...

Note that the term "upgrade" is a bit of a misnomer. They are really crossgrades and you don't have to own any previous product in that line. All you need to have done is bought an IKM product for $99+.  

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Perhaps the Amplitude 5 upgrade? For me it's listed as $199 / 200 Gear Credits

This sounds like a good plan. I have Amplitube 4 MAX but I'm assuming I can just do this upgrade to the regular version of Amplitube 5, some of the gear will be upgraded, and the MAX-specific ones won't. I'm OK with that (assuming it works in general). Again, thanks a lot for saving me the disappointment of purchasing something that didn't qualify for the GB!

3 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Buy 200 gear credits for $160 or less if you use Jam Points to buy the gear credits. Then use the gear credits to buy Amplitude 5 upgrade or SampleTank upgrade, or SampleTron 2 upgrade...

Note that the term "upgrade" is a bit of a misnomer. They are really crossgrades and you don't have to own any previous product in that line. All you need to have done is bought an IKM product for $99+.  

Wow! Great information, thanks! I will get one of those!

Luckily I now have an extra month to make a decision! lol

1 minute ago, Luc said:

This sounds like a good plan. I have Amplitube 4 MAX but I'm assuming I can just do this upgrade to the regular version of Amplitube 5, some of the gear will be upgraded, and the MAX-specific ones won't. I'm OK with that (assuming it works in general). Again, thanks a lot for saving me the disappointment of purchasing something that didn't qualify for the GB!

All your gear will be upgraded. Peter has stated so on previous occasions.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

All your gear will be upgraded. Peter has stated so on previous occasions.

Wow, even better! Thanks a lot, I didn't know that! Dare I say... I love IK! (sorry Larry!) 🤣

7 minutes ago, Luc said:

That’s what I did and used my freebies to complete anything missing to get equivalent of Amplitube 5 max

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kevin H said:

That’s what I did and used my freebies to complete anything missing to get equivalent of Amplitube 5 max

Fantastic plan! Thanks!

So grateful for the help from all of you! It was tough to find some of the information on their Website. This is fantastic!

Let's make it to 25!

Edited by Luc
typo

Oh I see I'm late to the party. But the first to post this image on this page, so there's that...

Anyway, I keep reading here that one gets T-Racks deluxe with ARC3. How? I have ARC3, but without the mic (so software only). Does that disqualify me? Have I read wrong?