IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

By my tally that's 419 in 17 hours.
@Charlie Hattonwhere's that put us now?

t

My nerdy datasheet has evolved into its (hopefully) final form, which looks like this:

image.png.12225b29c1c1c7cd88ada3f643ac458e.png

I'm looking only at the time since the "race to 10k" announcement, which jumped the rate of signups quite a bit -- but there's a lag of about a day before that happened, so we started out "behind" the rate of ~23/hour needed to get from 7075 to 10k in 126 hours.

We haven't hit that rate yet, though the numbers are steadily creeping up. The "ideal count" shows how many signups we'd have if we smoothly got the ~23 signups per hour -- by that metric, we're about 140 people "behind", and the rate we need to catch up is now ~26/hour. That's the bad news.

There is some good news, though. I'm assuming a GMT deadline, so if it's later (likely EST, if so), then we've got another 5 hours to play with, give or take. Also, we've hit the 25+ rate and more in quite a few hours/spans, so it wouldn't take a huge surge to get there consistently. The final column shows where the current rate would get us, and that number creeps closer to 10k nearly every update, with a gap of around 250 now for the first time. 

So we're not home and dry at this point, nor quite home and vigorously toweling off. But we're headed in the right direction, while the clock ticks away. That's a thing, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, Charlie Hatton said:

So we're not home and dry at this point, nor quite home and vigorously toweling off. But we're headed in the right direction, while the clock ticks away.

Once again, brilliant commentary!
You make "stats" fun...

29 minutes ago, Charlie Hatton said:

That's a thing, right?

Indeed!

t

• Like 1

If anyone is on the fence to join or double dip, let me tell you it’s best thing I’ve done all year.  The intensity of checking and rechecking what I own/don’t own/did the counter move/etc has given me purpose.  Even at work people ask why I’m so focused, little do they know I’m just looking at the counter and not really completing my TPS report. I think mr lumbergh, my boss, is catching on.  Luckily this other guy, Milton, is keeping the heat off me.  So please join the group buy or double dip.  Will change your life.  As a friend of mine says, it’s all about the flair and opening custom shop and seeing all those green arrows bring happy tears to my eyes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2