IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

Heresy I know, but I was going to try to actually use some of my group buy goodies!

Why does the plugin in Cubase tell me it's not activated when Custom Shop and IK Product Manager tells me it's installed and authorized?

image.thumb.png.f4ca48485e0227941c4a3921b5cfe2ff.png

image.thumb.png.b9736a76d4771499bd26268ca2247357.png

And, since this is the GB thread, yay group buy! 10K here we come!

EDIT: This behavior happens with all the new plugins I've tested so far.

Edited by artturner
  • Haha 1

If it is of interest to anyone, I have tried the UMIK-1 USB reference mic with ARC 3 and was able to make it work using ASIO4ALL. No heresy here, I used the trial version of ARC3 until I get the real deal when the GB closes! 😋 I haven't done a full calibration, just checked that the mic could be detected by ARC. I guess I will install ASIO4ALL to do the calibration and remove it afterwards.

The UMIK-1 comes with two calibration files. A default one and a 90 degree one. I assume it is if you are pointing the mic forward or upward. I wonder which way I should point the mic for best results in ARC3? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

The UMIK-1 comes with two calibration files. A default one and a 90 degree one. I assume it is if you are pointing the mic forward or upward. I wonder which way I should point the mic for best results in ARC3? 🤔

From the website you've posted:

Which calibration file should I use and where to point the UMIK-1?

We provide two calibration files to be used depending on your application.

- For stereo system (e.g. 2ch dirac live, single speaker measurement), use the 0deg file and point the UMIK-1 at the speakers
- For multichannel system (E.g. 5.1/7.1) or a surround application where multiple speakers are spreadout around the room, use the 90deg file and point the UMIK-1 at the ceiling.

3 minutes ago, chris.r said:

From the website you've posted:

Geez! I was looking at the ARC info. I should have looked at the mic info instead it seems! 🤦‍♀️ Thanks!

At least now I know that if I decide to buy more speakers and start mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 I need to point the mic upwards! 😆But I have enough of hard time with stereo, so no chance! 😒

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

You can get it for $49 with Jam points. 

But no free shipping... $12.99.

It's not so cheap when you factor that in... maybe Pete could toss in free shipping on any hardware product as a group buy freebie choice! 😁

Edited by abacab