IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

13 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with the merit of your argument, as I see it improving the host is perhaps the most efficient way to improve the collections.

I think Peter's explanation is probably the best. AMP impedance improvements and speaker VIR additions to AT5 SE and higher. You don't get those with AT5 CS, which is what I was previously running my AT4 MAX collections in.

My opinion was formed when I took AT4 MAX, and bought AT5 SE specifically for the amp and speaker enhancements.

Looking at these things from a "modular" viewpoint, I did not get any specific collection updates for those that I already had. They remain the same as far as I can tell. No new versions were downloaded.  So I would look at it as the whole product evolved, without requiring software updates to the collections themselves.

I do see the speaker enhancements in AT5, so that is correct. And I will take IK & Peter's word for the amp impedance improvements. :)

The only collections that I did not already have with AT4 MAX were the Brian, Joe, and Dime collections, which I picked up as group buy freebies.

Edited by abacab

10 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All amps have the updated impedance and the cabinets were redone with the 600+ IRs per speaker.

The Dimebag JC-120 is a new model done for the collection after Dime's own JC-120 (we had access via his longtime friend and tech Grady Champion).

Thanks Peter for the info. So to confirm, when looking at the gear sections. The parts under the "cabinets" tabs had been updated. But not really the parts under the "amplifiers" tab. Right.

2x12 JP Jazz CFH
Based on 1986 Roland® JC-120™ 2x12
Based on the stereo cabinet section of the Roland® JC-120™ amp combo which features 2x12-inch speakers.

4x12 Darrell 412
Based on Randall® 412 JB 4x12
Based on the Randall® 412 JB. It's the perfect companion to the Darrell 100 amplifier.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/dimebag/index.php?p=gear

On 8/21/2021 at 2:39 PM, ALC said:

Another option may be the iMM6 for $23.25.

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated Measurement Microphone for iPhone, iPad Tablet and Android,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2B84/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SXRBDNH19F75B3JN69MG

Some people have gotten this with an extension cable to be able connect it to a desktop or laptop computer.

There are some compromises going this route (I think it was an issue with measuring the high frequencies) but it’s at such a lower cost of entry.

Regarding a mic for ARC3, I did some more reading up on this and the problem was with the audio circuitry on an iPhone, so it doesn't apply to a desktop/laptop.  Seems like a bargain for a calibrated mic.

Edited by ALC

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Thanks Peter for the info. So to confirm, when looking at the gear sections. The parts under the "cabinets" tabs had been updated. But not really the parts under the "amplifiers" tab. Right.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/dimebag/index.php?p=gear

The amps all also got the impedance changes/improvements so they were affected too.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, ALC said:

I created a spreadsheet of all the products in the group buy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQJOiit3wKhbyN87OdguckZzYDo_xz3PYDM2fanVWsyiDCXGzB3Ys3iWYhsDRiTog8fX3G3CYAJPVKA/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv

Load it into a spreadsheet app like Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Apple Numbers (it's saved as a CSV file).  Turn on filtering on the first row.

I found it useful to be able to filter based on category and price (yes, I rounded up), exclude the ones I already have, and plan out my purchases and freebie picks (and prioritize them).  Here's what it looks like for me:

image.png.3066b9b089ca6021ab0884dc81899aec.png

I hope others can make use of it.

Edit: Updated spreadsheet.  Fixed price/category for AmpliTube SVX 2 (was upgrade price).

I updated my spreadsheet (above, same URL) with a release date field.  The dates are approximate as I based it either press releases I could find on GS, or reviews I found, videos from IK on YouTube (search was more challenging for older products without press releases).  I used the dates for the initial release except AmpliTube Slash which had a significant update.   DM if you have any corrections or suggestions.

1385105895_ScreenShot2021-08-23at7_49_45AM.thumb.png.ec39a378aacbd3a2b8dd803b0993356e.png

• Thanks 3

I "Double Dipped" this morning and my new "freebies" haven't appeared yet. I've been on to IK Support and am waiting for a reply but I've noticed something odd in my "Promotions" area which might explain why I'm not getting them:-

Does anyone else, when clicking on the "25th Anniversary Group Buy" logo to the left of each segment, get taken to an entirely different Group Buy (VI Group Buy) page. The "More Info" button works OK but it seems strange a simple error like this would make it onto the web site.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Hi, does anyone happen to know if the Vintage Compressor in Cubase is an emulation based on same model as the IKM Tracks Precision Compressor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohPKcWyb_Q

I'm not seeing the limiter part on Cubase Vintage Compressor's GUI. The IKM Presicion Comp/Lim is based on Neve 33609 which is a compressor and limiter combo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

I "Double Dipped" this morning and my new "freebies" haven't appeared yet. I've been on to IK Support and am waiting for a reply but I've noticed something odd in my "Promotions" area which might explain why I'm not getting them:-

Does anyone else, when clicking on the "25th Anniversary Group Buy" logo to the left of each segment, get taken to an entirely different Group Buy (VI Group Buy) page. The "More Info" button works OK but it seems strange a simple error like this would make it onto the web site.

Just in case it could be just that. When you double dip you will still only see 6 promotions on your account's promotion page. But if you click on the 'available' button for one of the promotion, then on the page that opens for that one promotion you should have as many freebie pick list as the number of times you entered the promotion. If not, yes, you should be in touch with support.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Just in case it could be just that. When you double dip you will still only see 6 promotions on your account's promotion page. But if you click on the 'available' button for one of the promotion, then on the page that opens for that one promotion you should have as many freebie pick list as the number of times you entered the promotion. If not, yes, you should be in touch with support.

As you say - I've got the 6 promotions, one of which I haven't downloaded. Going into that only shows my original purchase at $199.99 or less and not the $149.99 for the one I bought today. Hopefully IK Support can get it sorted sooner rather than later as I'm looking to get a couple of cheaper things before the next big one!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

As you say - I've got the 6 promotions, one of which I haven't downloaded. Going into that only shows my original purchase at $199.99 or less and not the $149.99 for the one I bought today. Hopefully IK Support can get it sorted sooner rather than later as I'm looking to get a couple of cheaper things before the next big one!

I am sure support will sort it out.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

I'm not seeing the limiter part on Cubase Vintage Compressor's GUI. The IKM Presicion Comp/Lim is based on Neve 33609 which is a compressor and limiter combo.

+1.

I haven't use Cubase's Vintage Compressor, but before the version 3 redesign which gave it more of a neve color, it was black and looked very close to an 1176, and the ratio buttons make me think it might be inspired by that one instead. The IK equivalent of this would then be the Black 76, which is included in T-Racks 5 SE or available individually depending on what level you're in the group buy for (SE comes with a handful of other modules too). While I haven't used cubase's, from a quick sampling of reviews the IK one looks like a better emulation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superdan54 said:

Are any of the Amplitube products in the group buy compatible with the iOS version?

The group buy does not include any iOS apps/in-app purchases.  Unfortunately those are sold on Apple's App Store and we do not have the ability to include them in any group buy.  We do have a traditional promotion going on for virtual instrument apps/in-apps right now, but not AmpliTube apps/in-apps.

I should have listened to Larry and not chosen my freebies until the end of the group buy. I am thinking of getting in at the $199 level and thus get Amplitube 5 but I have already picked Amplitude 5 SE as one of my $149 level picks. It pains me to think that I have wasted a pick. What is a poor boy to do?

13 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I should have listened to Larry and not chosen my freebies until the end of the group buy. I am thinking of getting in at the $199 level and thus get Amplitube 5 but I have already picked Amplitude 5 SE as one of my $149 level picks. It pains me to think that I have wasted a pick. What is a poor boy to do?

If we get to higher freebie levels I may pick some freebies that I may never install because of interest or to save ssd space.  So not that different.  I’ve heard of some folks letting their promotion picks expire so wouldn’t be that different from your sacrificial early pick.  Unless of course IK can do something for you….not sure if it’s an option.   I thought someone on this thread opened a case and something similar was resolved. Could be wrong.  Was one of first posts so may not be that hard to find.

Edit: Bapu opened a case on 8/17 and I believe he was allowed to pick something else.  I’m not able to link his post.

Edited by kevin H

4 minutes ago, AlignmentDAW said:

A question.

So Amplitude 5 cost €299 and upgrade cost €199, and i'm eligible for the upgrade rate. 

Now do I get value  of freebies for the original price of €299, or is the value of freebies of the price of the upgrade price €199?

Freebie value is based on price paid, and not on retail value...so, in this case, $199.99

3 minutes ago, AlignmentDAW said:

A question.

So Amplitude 5 cost €299 and upgrade cost €199, and i'm eligible for the upgrade rate. 

Now do I get value  of freebies for the original price of €299, or is the value of freebies of the price of the upgrade price €199?

As Larry said €199. However many of the products are available at the crossgrade/upgrade price in the group buy because you already bought something $99 or more. For example MODO Bass and MODO Drum normally cost $299, but you can pick them up as freebies at the $199 level.

• Like 1