IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

All of the collections were updated for AT5, the degree depends on your version of AT5.

All versions of AT5 now have

• resizable GUI
  • drag & drop FX chain
  • FX loop

What you are really saying is that the AT5 core app has significant improvements, which I agree with, and Peter has confirmed.

But there is no evidence which I have seen that the collections themselves have been updated. I have AT4 MAX, and AT5 SE, plus all of the collections not included in AT4 MAX.

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

What you are really saying is that the AT5 core app has significant improvements, which I agree with, and Peter has confirmed.

But there is no evidence which I have seen that the collections themselves have been updated. I have AT4 MAX, and AT5 SE, plus all of the collections not included in AT4 MAX.

New Cabinet section with VIR™ technology

Powerful new “Volumetric Impulse Response” radically transforms all 100+ cabinets in AmpliTube 5 with over 143,000 impulse response measurements in all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

New Cabinet section with VIR™ technology

Powerful new “Volumetric Impulse Response” radically transforms all 100+ cabinets in AmpliTube 5 with over 143,000 impulse response measurements in all.

Exactly what I was referring to.

But that is not exactly the same thing as an upgrade to any existing collections... just an upgrade to the "host". Not bad at all, but the actual  question being asked was "are the collections upgraded for AT5". It's fine if it was just that AT5 was enhanced, but be honest that the collections themselves were not changed (not that they needed to be) ...

Edited by abacab

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

But that is not exactly the same thing as an upgrade to any existing collections... just an upgrade to the "host". Not bad at all, but the actual  question being asked was "are the collections upgraded for AT5". It's fine if it was just that AT5 was enhanced, but be honest that the collections themselves were not changed...

Not really. For example, the Fender collection, I believe while the Amps may not have been remodeled the cabinets for that collection were. So it's a bit of a half and half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

But that is not exactly the same thing as an upgrade to any existing collections... just an upgrade to the "host". Not bad at all, but the actual  question being asked was "are the collections upgraded for AT5". It's fine if it was just that AT5 was enhanced, but be honest that the collections themselves were not changed...

But you don't get the cabinets unless you have the collections and AT5, so I would see that as all the collections (cabinets) being upgraded for AT5.

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with the merit of your argument, as I see it improving the host is perhaps the most efficient way to improve the collections.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So it's a bit of a half and half.

Is it non dairy? Sorry I couldn't resist.

I never had Amplitube so it is all new to me especially as a keyboard player and a little bit of horns. Figured what the heck everyone seems to love it so I thought experiment time. Don't worry I'll make sure to wear my safety glasses 😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Any thoughts on the TRacks EQs?

81 is great, just throw it on a track and push the input and pull back the output to match and even that is a nice touch.  Master EQ 432 is insane and since I will never get to own one, I love having the virtual version available.  It is indeed a "holy grail" mastering EQ.  73 is nice too, probably obvious since I love the 81 and I'm a fan of 1073 mic pres (I can only afford a clone hardware-wise) on vocals.

5 hours ago, kevin H said:

I’ll answer from a peer keyboard player perspective.  I dable in guitar enough to justify carrying a pick i take out at guitar center pretending I know what I’m doing before someone walks by and shuts off the amp haha.  I got dimebag because a lot of the recent presets released seemed to always use  something from that collection.  So got annoying and decided to spend a freebie since we are spoiled heheh.   SVX 1/2 have different amps/cabs with their own sounds.  So are not duplicates.  I had Amplitube 4 max so I didn’t specifically seek them out but use them with modo bass or ezbass.

If anything, just that noise gate is the best we have IMHO.  But I do enjoy the JC-120 and the doubler from time to time as well :)

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Has Dimebag been updated for AT5? I am tempted by the effects and that JC120

All amps have the updated impedance and the cabinets were redone with the 600+ IRs per speaker.

3 hours ago, ALC said:

Keys through Roland JC-120 (there is a JC-120 in AmpliTube 5, but I don't know how they're different).

The Dimebag JC-120 is a new model done for the collection after Dime's own JC-120 (we had access via his longtime friend and tech Grady Champion).

1 hour ago, abacab said:

See above about the impedance improvements across all amps and the 600+ IRs per speaker.  Both of these have improved the sonic quality quite a lot, along with the core engine rebuild.

56 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Not really. For example, the Fender collection, I believe while the Amps may not have been remodeled the cabinets for that collection were. So it's a bit of a half and half.

See above.  The amps have the impedance improvement mentioned above too.  They weren't fully remodeled but that, the cabs, and the overall rebuild of the core engine make a difference.

• Thanks 5

Yes, and even though we crossed a tier today I know for a fact that we'll be emailing about it tomorrow to a very large number of people (instead of today, I'm not a monster after all!) so if those folks are receptive it could have a nice effect over the following couple of days.  But spreading the word outside of that is still the best way to get more people in, so please keep it up - you've been doing great so far and now the deal is even sweeter so it shouldn't be as hard to convince folks to hop in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

The forum that shall remain nameless has a Mathematologist with graphing skills.  Now let's parabolize that slope!

Based on that slope and trend continues at same rate we might make 8 freebies but will be super close.  If Peter is right and the mass email tomorrow energizes things then could be 9 or 10 (if time is extended or we get super lucky) and curves up as you are hoping for Brian.   Now that a certain website that sells fans only changed their model maybe a lot of people with spare cash will want to join this group buy ? Haha.  Just hypothesizing here :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, ***** is great, but have you ever gotten six pieces of music gear for the price of one?

Edit: wow, this is a clean forum. You can probably figure out what the stars used to be.

Edited by artturner
Forum is prudish.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Based on that slope and trend continues at same rate we might make 8 freebies but will be super close.  If Peter is right and the mass email tomorrow energizes things then could be 9 or 10 (if time is extended or we get super lucky) and curves up as you are hoping for Brian.   Now that a certain website that sells fans only changed their model maybe a lot of people with spare cash will want to join this group buy ? Haha.  Just hypothesizing here :)

That change only goes into effect by October. So Peter has to do a two month extension for the group buy to fully leverage that... 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sander Verstraten said:

That change only goes into effect by October. So Peter has to do a two month extension for the group buy to fully leverage that... 

Haha…. I predict people will be researching Amplitube cabs/amps and changes to the fan store next few hours :)