IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

17 minutes ago, abacab said:

I only need one more to complete my Cinekinetik collection, then I'm done! 😎

Just completed this myself.  Kinda looking what else to get.  If I run out of ideals will start grabbing stuff from Peter’s work desk like a monitor haha

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

The 2019 Group Buy made it to 10 - don’t think there’s much chance of equalling that one!

IK has always been good about extending GBs to reach the max level but this max is way higher than it's ever been. Anywho I think it's time for me to jump in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

Any one have any thoughts on LA confidential drum library?

Also while researching LA confidential ran into some upcoming releases? Probably secret stuff :)

Boesendorfer piano (upcoming)

Modo Drums industrial and street drums (temporary title) (Upcoming)

Wondering if new Modo drum version will be free standing or requires full Modo Drum? I got Modo Drum last year but maybe this is motivation to buy it as one of freebies for others out there…

10 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

The 2019 Group Buy made it to 10 - don’t think there’s much chance of equalling that one!

The tiers were different though, with fewer participants required to reach them. By the end of the month, this group buy will definitely pass the 2019 one, in terms of participation. And that's with the 2019 group buy having been extended by a month. 

Looking at the evolution of previous group buys, it's easy to see why IK were extending them, as they might well do with this one. By the first deadline, the bulk of their active customer base has already joined. So sales don't really ramp up during an extension, but it helps with trying to get new customers on board. This edition is no different. I will probably enter a second and third time (on lower tiers) and was doing the math on how the final number of freebies might affect this. As it turns out - not that much, unless we end up with 20, 20+ freebies at the end (maybe a tall order but certainly not because of the quality of the deal). And even then, my 'loss', compared to the best scenario, would hardly be upsetting. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, husker said:

What is the difference between TRackS 5 and TRacks5 SE ?   Usually "SE" denotes a cut down version, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  It just seems like different plug ins.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

If you scroll down to the "includes " section for each product below, you can see the specific modules that you get with each version of TR5 SE and TR5:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5se/

Includes Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, One, and Full Metering, plus the 4 "classic" modules same as TR5.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/?pkey=tr5

Includes Tape Echo, Black 76, White 2A, Vintage Tube Compressor, De-Esser, and Classic Room Reverb, plus 4 "classic" modules same as SE.

Since there are only four overlaps, it may make sense to get both.  That's what I did--I had TR5 and chose TR5SE as a freebie.

Being new to mastering, I ended up using Lurssen (highly recommended) instead instead of TR5.  So, you have Lurssen, I'd recommend TR5SE next.

Edited by ALC

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

Any one have any thoughts on LA confidential drum library?

I jumped on it without a thought.

2 hours ago, ALC said:
17 hours ago, husker said:

What is the difference between TRackS 5 and TRacks5 SE ?

Since there are only four overlaps, it may make sense to get both.  That's what I did--I had TR5 and chose TR5SE as a freebie.

And that's exactly what I would do... if I didn't have everything T-racks already 🤠 I completed my bundle in this GB as I was missing only the EQ PA. I don't need it, but I want it :D 

EDIT: getting the feeling the IK guys will release new t-racks modules as soon as this GB finished 

Edited by chris.r
  • Thanks 1

Okay here's my 7 in no particular order:  Satch, Brian May, Comprexxor, Space Delay, AT Leslie, ARC 3 software only, Dimebag Darrel. When I put the Comprexxor in my cart it comes up at $90.99 with a discount code that was automatically added, no jammies needed. That would get me in at the $129 level so I can pick up AT Leslie. My next 4 would be tape machines. I have lots of jammies if needed, is this my best option? Thanks.