IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

8 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

As long as we are constructively thread building now- I decided I want to spend one of my freebies on the Leslie to relive my youth a few decades back when we used to run my guitar through one for a few tunes.  I am comfortable with Amplitube, which I have been using for a while.  Is there a good reason to consider getting the T-Racks version instead?  From my research, it looks like Amplitube actually gives more routing options, but I would expect them to be the same? 

Good question! But I own all 3 Leslie's from IK, so I'm covered! :)

Hammond B-3X (integrated Leslie)

T-RackS Leslie (so I can run any instrument through a Leslie)

Amplitube Leslie (well, just because... Leslie)

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

44 minutes ago, alain duffey said:

Hello,

maybe it has already been said but If I buy Syntronik crossgrade with GC in the Custom Shop, could I choose the Syntronik Deluxe upgrade as freebie?

Thanks in advance! 👍

I bought Amplitube 5 (value $199.99) and Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade is an available pick for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

As long as we are constructively thread building now- I decided I want to spend one of my freebies on the Leslie to relive my youth a few decades back when we used to run my guitar through one for a few tunes.  I am comfortable with Amplitube, which I have been using for a while.  Is there a good reason to consider getting the T-Racks version instead?  From my research, it looks like Amplitube actually gives more routing options, but I would expect them to be the same? 

If it's for guitar, then using AmpliTube Leslie makes sense.  If you want to use it for keys, then it's probably easier to use T-RackS Leslie as an effect (insert in a DAW).  Depends on your workflow.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

On the subject of mics for ARC3. Isn't ARC3 based on Audissey? If so, would a mic from a Denon Home Theatre receiver that uses Audissey be suitable in any way? I just happen to have one.

Just wanted to point out that ARC 3 is not based on Audyssey,  However, if your microphone has a calibration file it will work.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Just wanted to point out that ARC 3 is not based on Audyssey,  However, if your microphone has a calibration file it will work.

Thanks for the clarification! Since ARC 2 was based on Audyssey MultEQ® XT32, I wrongly assumed ARC 3 was still using some form of Audyssey.

That means that ARC 3 is a totally new product, not just an upgrade from ARC 2, cool! 😎

I do have the UMIK-1 measurement microphone with calibration file. I bought it a while back to use with the free REW measurement software. Although it is a USB microphone, I read that using ASIO4ALL it is usable within ARC3. 

I do regret buying a USB measurement mic, I should have gone with the Dayton EMM-6 instead at the time. 😕

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Is there a way to figure out release date of some of these processors? I would prefer sticking to the newest (bestest?) stuff, where possible.

Not sure about release dates, but I bought the Classic Studio Reverb (CSR modules in TR5) way back in the day (through a CW/IK promotion) and they sound just as good today as they did back then before they were a TR module.

I also bought Amplitube 2 Live 10 years ago because it had the best clean sound of any amp sim back then. In fact, I still use it in AT5, it's still has the same clean sound as it has in every version of AT.

The point I am trying to make is that when IK nails it, it's nailed!! So just because a processor may be an older release, don't let that be the judge. Listen.... then make your choices. You got time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, husker said:

What is the difference between TRackS 5 and TRacks5 SE ?   Usually "SE" denotes a cut down version, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  It just seems like different plug ins.

If you scroll down to the "includes " section for each product below, you can see the specific modules that you get with each version of TR5 SE and TR5:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5se/

Includes Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, One, and Full Metering, plus the 4 "classic" modules same as TR5.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/?pkey=tr5

Includes Tape Echo, Black 76, White 2A, Vintage Tube Compressor, De-Esser, and Classic Room Reverb, plus 4 "classic" modules same as SE.

• Thanks 1