IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

10 hours ago, kevin H said:

...but after a lot of thought I decided I was going to wait as long as possible because maybe there will be enough freebies with 1 entry and second one may not be necessary.

Second entry is necessary, Kevin.

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

Another thing to keep in mind … the Windows and Mac installers use different files (zip vs dmg), so if you have both operating systems, make sure you do the installs and backup for both.

I'm on Windows. If I'd be ever getting a Mac, sure I'll afford the extra $7 for re-download 😜 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ALC said:
13 hours ago, abacab said:

I think it's a bit more convoluted than that. I discovered a couple of versions of CS installed. one thinks that I have 165 GC, and the other says 15...

Is it an older installation from before the IK Product Manager was released?  I only see one Custom Shop and I have AmpliTube, T-RackS, and SampleTank installed.

The old CS came with previous versions like T-Racks 4, etc. If you didn't have any of them you might have only the most recent CS version on your system. Also there's the Authorization Manager (different from the new IK Product Manager), that one still installs with the ARC3 soft.

“I've improved my Group Buy spreadsheet with a couple interactive filters. It's now a tool for figuring out how many freebies we'll need to get everything you want, or alternatively, how many times you'll want to buy in.”

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8190166#p8190166

I’ve been using my own spreadsheet but if I were to start over, I’d start with this.  Check it out.

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

The old CS came with previous versions like T-Racks 4, etc. If you didn't have any of them you might have only the most recent CS version on your system. Also there's the Authorization Manager (different from the new IK Product Manager), that one still installs with the ARC3 soft.

Yes, I still had the old Custom Shop, and it's now been uninstalled. Apparently the new one did not replace it, so the only way for me to access it was to launch it from the AmpliTube app. Weird?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

$53 for a 2 Tb SSD?  Quality must be S H I T E...no way they could sell that for that price

The fact that they only offer a 30 day warrantee is also suspect. Reminds me of when scammer used to sell "128 GB" SDCards by modifying the firmware of 8 GB SDCards. You wouldn't notice until you exceeded 8 GB and started getting write errors.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I used to use them a lot.
The Melda convolution is my goto these days...

"pick one Tape Machine, which one would you recommend?  24, 440, 80, or 99? "
inquiring minds want to know...

t

I got all the tapes. I use them all. Depends on the requirements. Depends how much color you want. There is currently a thread on GS on tapes. Worth it to check out. Lots of useful info  in there as the IKM manual is a little skimpy on how to properly use them. 

Personally.  I like the 99 and 80 the most for my uses. Many ok others prefer the 24 for transparency.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What's the trick to make Amplitube 5 recognize the new collections I got? I clicked Restore My Purchases in the Custom Shop (in which the collections *are* recognized) and restarted AmpliTube.  I now see AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX under the presets, but the gear still shows up as locked.

Edited by ALC

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I bit on a 2nd entry yesterday with some double discounted Gear Credits. So I'm now up to 10 freebies!!! :)

I am holding out to see if I need a second entry.  I am mostly filling up my tracks modules I dont have. Neve and API emus . I really started using it a lot more lately. I find tracks great for my uses. 

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am holding out to see if I need a second entry.  I am mostly filling up my tracks modules I dont have. Neve and API emus . I really started using it a lot more lately. I find tracks great for my uses. 

It was made clear to me yesterday the second entry is not optional for the greater good hahah

image.thumb.png.9f7d3b6f14ef76fd17b7f57a7f81b243.png

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

It was made clear to me yesterday the second entry is not optional for the greater good hahah

image.thumb.png.9f7d3b6f14ef76fd17b7f57a7f81b243.png

Did you happen to get a recording of this happening?  I'm in need of that particular sound and I hate to break a window 😆

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Does Sunset Sound & Comprexxor plugins come with T-RackS 5 Deluxe?
I thought so but they're showing up as trials...

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No on both counts.

Any easy way to check is to go to the Custom Shop and click on the plugin.  It should tell you which collections (if any) it's included in.  For example, in the following for Quad Comp, it shows it's included in TR5 Deluxe and MAX.  (I didn't show SSSR or Comprexxor since they don't show up as part of any collections.). The newer plugins are not even included in MAX.

435469182_ScreenShot2021-08-20at1_03_53PM.thumb.png.cb795786aa1cb746d8f855092a00e49e.png

You could also use the spreadsheet that I pointed to in a previous post.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I bit on a 2nd entry yesterday with some double discounted Gear Credits. So I'm now up to 10 freebies!!! :)

Ditto. Except I did it on Monday.

For me after the next two freebies @6000 (one for each entry point) I'll own everything. I'm just not sure one entry point would have gotten me to 12 total. And the second one only cost me $34 out of pocket so it's not like I broke the bank (well maybe junior's piggy bank but that's another story for another time).

• Haha 1

Yesterday, I finally registered a number of licenses that I had, so I got two more at the $99.99 level (one of them was from Xchange, and of the two freebies from CM and Beat, one worked for the GB, and the other was just good for JamPoints).  So, that's freebies for $199.99 and 2 x $99.99.  I already finished off AmpliTube.  The freebies would need to get up to 15 for me to complete T-RackS (24 left) and SampleTank (11 left), otherwise, I'm cherry picking.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1