IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

10 hours ago, ALC said:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=TRackSMixOnTheMove2021
ARC System 3 crossgrade - $/€149.99 - Free T-RackS 5 Deluxe

So, since this promo is still going on, would one be able to double dip--get T-RackS 5 Deluxe *and* get credit for the group buy?

Edit: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARC3Up--ik-multimedia-arc3-with-mems-microphone-crossgrade-from-any-ik-multimedia-product-worth-99-or-more-boxed

Sure seems that way, looking at the Sweetwater listing.

4 hours ago, ALC said:

By buying ARC with mic, it seems that you’ll get T-RackS Deluxe free in addition to getting in on the group buy.  That’s a way to get TR5 Deluxe without spending $300.

If anyone pulls the trigger on this (crossgrade) and gets $299 credit (or anything more that the $149 cross grade) in the group buy for T-RackS Deluxe please let us know.

Edit: It looks like you can get the ARC System w mic crossgrade which includes the offer for T-Racks 5 Deluxe directly from IKM for around $105 if you have Jam Points which is tempting.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Edit: It looks like you can get the ARC System w mic crossgrade which includes the offer for T-Racks 5 Deluxe directly from IKM for around $105 if you have Jam Points which is tempting.

I'm not seeing this deal at IKM (including TR Deluxe). Is there a code or a special page?

Edit: NVM, found it.

Edited by artturner
Reading is hard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol - so I ordered ARC 3 w mic, friggin GAS addiction kicking in.
I figured $105 w mic was a good enough deal that even if it scored me 0 on the group buy that it was worth it.
My order is received but no notification of code, etc. - I guessing that once i actually receive it that the package will have a reg code so I can register it,  then it'll add to the group buy count, etc.

So I wait...
Anyone have any idea how fast IKM ships to California?

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Put it in the cart and go to checkout to see if they are willing to sell it to you based on your location. At the checkout I'd been greeted with a pup-up saying that they will only sell me physical goods starting with a price of €170 and up so that was it for me.

Edit: lucky you! :D 

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

Many thanks @Peter - IK Multimedia for all your answers to our questions.

If buying a "Max" (e.g., Amplitube 5 Max), will that qualify for the GB or not at all? At registration time will the different products get qualified for the GB as if buying each at the price levels shown in my product page or will many of the products be disqualified as if they were "freebies"?

What is the impact of bundles/discounts other than jampoints? (e.g., code MODO50 for MODO Drums, or buying the Axe I/O solo + Amplitube 5 bundle), will that register at the price level shown in my GB page or at the price actually paid?

What about using Custom Shop credits instead of cash, does that still qualify for the GB at the price level shown in my GB page? (has somebody actually tried the jampoints purchase mentioned by Larry or is it still an "it should work"?)

6 hours ago, antler said:

Is there anything in the group buy that isn't in TSM3? I'm guessing one or two of the newer instruments for SampleTank?

SampleTron 2, Comprexxor (that was added to TS3 MAX for a limited time only), and the singles from the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetic collections

34 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Many thanks @Peter - IK Multimedia for all your answers to our questions.

If buying a "Max" (e.g., Amplitube 5 Max), will that qualify for the GB or not at all? At registration time will the different products get qualified for the GB as if buying each at the price levels shown in my product page or will many of the products be disqualified as if they were "freebies"?

What is the impact of bundles/discounts other than jampoints? (e.g., code MODO50 for MODO Drums, or buying the Axe I/O solo + Amplitube 5 bundle), will that register at the price level shown in my GB page or at the price actually paid?

What about using Custom Shop credits instead of cash, does that still qualify for the GB at the price level shown in my GB page? (has somebody actually tried the jampoints purchase mentioned by Larry or is it still an "it should work"?)

None of the MAX bundles are included in this group buy.  Coupons do not affect the value levels of your choices, just like JamPoints do not affect them.  Same with Gear Credits, they do work for this promotion and you'll be able to choose the value based on the equivalent price in currency (and they are priced that way, to coincide to credit:dollar/euro anyway).  Note that in order to use JamPoints with Gear Credits you need to use the JamPoints when you purchase your Gear Credit pack (not when you spend the Gear Credits).

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

On 8/10/2021 at 6:41 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I made the buy!

ARC 3 with the Mic, ($104.99 using Jampoints). That was as you can see on Tuesday 8-10.
Checking FedEx tracking says it will be here on Tues 8-17 (I'm in the Seattle area), so I expect it will take a week to CA.
It has NOT showed up in My Products as of yet, but I get the impression we have to register ARC 3 first.
My Products shows I have TRackS5 Custom Shop so  will I be offered TRacks5 Deluxe? Stay tuned...
I do see a crossgrade/upgrade path to TRackS5 MAX for $299 in my account, but nothing to TRackS5 Deluxe.

t

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Lol - so I ordered ARC 3 w mic, friggin GAS addiction kicking in.
I figured $105 w mic was a good enough deal that even if it scored me 0 on the group buy that it was worth it.
My order is received but no notification of code, etc. - I guessing that once i actually receive it that the package will have a reg code so I can register it,  then it'll add to the group buy count, etc.

So I wait...

Let us know how that goes. I'm pretty sure ARC 3 with the mic is a popular choice (I'm also considering it for my second purchase). It would help if IK clarified the issues arising from shipping (the only) hardware as part of the group buy (as well the extra promo running on it - free T-Racks Deluxe), so anyone interested would know if/how shipping might impact on eligibility for freebies. 

I'm guessing that the order date would/should be the defining factor? So if you order, say the Arc 3 + mic on August 30th, you'd still get T-Racks Deluxe once you register the hardware, even if it's after August 31st (the end of the free T-Racks promo). As for the group buy, maybe the time allocated to choosing your freebies (30 days), should start from the delivery date of the hardware. This might be especially important if a lot of people order the Arc 3 bundle towards the end of the group buy, which might, in turn, slow down (?) processing/shipping. 

3 hours ago, Barrie said:

Would buying the AXE I/O SOLO + AmpliTube 5 Bundle qualify based on the AmpliTube 5 part of the bundle?

I doubt it. IK likely considers your Amplitube 5 bundleware/free software that comes with the product you're "really" buying - the Axe I/O. 

There's definitely a problem with some of that. I bought the Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 Max. That bundle (still) is $/EUR 50 more expensive than buying just the Axe I/O, the same as for your Axe I/O Solo and Amplitube 5. Which means it's definitely not free bundled software. So the fact that it doesn't even make one eligible for a Max upgrade is just petty, there's no other way to put it. One could argue that for most group buy participants, the freebies are implicitly paid software (i.e. they wouldn't buy the qualifying software at the retail price, so they divide its cost over the total number of items picked up, qualifying + freebies). But in the case of the Axe I/O bundles, we're talking about explicitly paid software. The fact that it's heavily discounted shouldn't matter - just as it doesn't matter when you buy software from them at an "80% off" sale (which you can resell and does count for crossgrades and upgrades). 

Don't let this discourage you from joining the group buy. For a lot of people it will end up being the sale/bargain of the year. It's just the (call it weird, or unpleasant) stuff one needs to be aware of. 

52 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

I'm guessing that the order date would/should be the defining factor? So if you order, say the Arc 3 + mic on August 30th, you'd still get T-Racks Deluxe once you register the hardware, even if it's after August 31st (the end of the free T-Racks promo). As for the group buy, maybe the time allocated to choosing your freebies (30 days), should start from the delivery date of the hardware. This might be especially important if a lot of people order the Arc 3 bundle towards the end of the group buy, which might, in turn, slow down (?) processing/shipping. 

Last group IKM made allowances for people purchasing items that required delivery.  it didn't add to the GB total (not that it mattered as i think it had hit the max level) but you still got your freebies.
@Peter - IK Multimedia can confirm if they're handling things the same this time.

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

Would buying the AXE I/O SOLO + AmpliTube 5 Bundle qualify based on the AmpliTube 5 part of the bundle?

I bought AXE I/O last group buy and it came with a unique registration key that unlocked AmpliTube goodies but the AmpliTube license was NFR and gave me no additional GB credits.  If I ever resell or give away my AXE I/O  I cannot transfer the software it came with.
I suspect the new deal you mention is going to be the same story.

Edited by TheSteven

30 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

considers your Amplitube 5 bundleware/free software that comes with the product

It seems to me that the "free version" that comes with the hardware is AT4, and then the "bundle" with AT5 is a purchase of both. I did ask earlier in this thread and Peter's response wasn't exactly explicit about this part of the question but it seemed to indicate that it would qualify (it wasn't a "no it 's not included", like he clarified was the case for AT5 MAX).

Here is the comparison

a) Get 200 gear credits for $112 & 48 Jam Points, use them to get AT5
b) Axe I/O Solo + AT5 bundle, $209 & 90 Jam Points

(b) is $97 & $42 Jam Points more than option (a), a pretty nice deal for the axe i/o solo (if you have the extra cash and the need/want for a great guitar-to-usb  interface)

I haven't bought yet into the GB because of a severe case of "analysis paralysis" but time is running out...

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

(b) is $97 & $42 Jam Points more than option (a), a pretty nice deal for the axe i/o solo (if you have the extra cash and the need/want for a great guitar-to-usb  interface)

Definitely a good deal. As I was writing above, I might get a Solo later on for traveling (and consistency with my Axe I/0).

But your post did remind me of the nice, permanent 15% discount U.S. customers get in comparison to us Europeans, due to IK's lovely 1:1 exchange rate. 

European company to Europeans:

da price is da price B|

European company to U.S. buyers: 

giphy.gif

So if you're in the U.S., you better start going crazy on this group buy. You owe us at least one freebie! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3