IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

5 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

No talking price but credit given at Group Buy - a $149 credit doesn't get you much more (if any more) than a $99.
If I can buy ARC w / mic for $149 and get a $199 credit in GB, for me, that may make it worth purchasing.

Why would you expect to get $199 credit for it? $149 is the crossgrade price you see when logged in. So you can get anything that's $149 or below (also when logged in). 

• Like 1

Ok, let's say, totally hypothetical, that I know someone who knows someone that had bought IK products in the past so was already in crossgrade territory, got in the group buy at the $99 level and is getting free products at $99 and below. He is now thinking of getting AT5SE because he already bought AT4 and has enough collections already, including the ones he'll get with the group buy. Is there a better way to do this than simply buy AT5SE and then pick and choose more stuff in the $149 and below range?

As I said, totally hypothetical of course...

29 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So I just bought the new Comprexxor and it said it would be $129... In my cart there was an automatic discount to $90 and it didn't use my jampoints! Nice

Cool! I tried adding it to my cart and got the same promo code. I don't understand the concept. Wouldn't be a good idea to advertize this ahead of time?!? When you have it in your cart, you usually have already decided you are willing to pay the price. If it were advertised wouldn't it entice more people to buy it? Confused....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Is there a better way to do this than simply buy AT5SE and then pick and choose more stuff in the $149 and below range?

As I said, totally hypothetical of course...

You could get some hardware that has AT5SE bundled like the iRig HD 2.  Wouldn’t qualify for GB though.

That was my plan before the GB started.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

Sidebar:  I STILL have 5 Promo Picks available from a previous purchase, and I can't pick anything
because all the choices are "greyed out" LOL

I asked IK if I could trade them for something I didn't have....the answer was NO

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I asked IK if I could trade them for something I didn't have....the answer was NO

surprise, surprise...

Was in same sit last group buy.  I ended up I doubling up on a thing or two because I had no other use for leftover promo picks, eventually those promo picks went away.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I ended up I doubling up on a thing or two because I had no other use for leftover promo picks, eventually those promo picks went away.

What options do you have with what you doubled up on?  Can you resell, give them away, or exchange for cigarettes / beer ? :)

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Hard to blame them with the value they provide, especially during their sales. 

I mean I'm not fond of their marketing approach, but who cares? I've already picked up in this group buy, for not a lot of money:

MODO Bass - very nice

MODO Drums - won't replace my beloved Toontrack collection, but nice, like the interface, sounds good enough, and an awesome sketching tool at 10Gb

Hammond - awesome

Sampletron - awesome 

In the queue: Sunset Sound (demo-ed it when it came out, liked it), Mixbox (don't 'need' it, but I suspect it will be very practical to use), Space Delay and a couple of tape machines, Clavitube. 

I might also get in on a lower tier for the new Cinekinetik stuff. And maybe some synths (though I wish one could control the Syntronik synths from Sampletank, a la Analog Lab). 

Can't really complain about anything after this, can I? :) But I do hope it picks up a bit towards the end and we get to 10, 10+ freebies. 

• Like 3

Question. Why is Syntronik Deluxe only $99 and regular Syntronik is $199 when I'm logged in.  I don't need them as I have them both. It was in the group buy last year and I already had Syntronik. It was part of my freebie to get Syntronik Deluxe as they were not doing upgrades.   Anyway it just seems strange to me but it is
IK after all 😆

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Nope...I'm stuck with these promos in my "Promotions" area forever!

Thanks.  I’m joining the GB for first time ever.  I have my eye on couple things but after that I suspect I’ll be doubling and tripling up on stuff like rest of ya heheh. 

whats funny too is I’ve always clicked on that promotions tab and I’ve never seen anything posted there.  So I guess now will put it to good use and fill it up with junk I can’t/don’t use like the attic haha.

Edited by kevin H
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Question. Why is Syntronik Deluxe only $99 and regular Syntronik is $199 when I'm logged in.  I don't need them as I have them both. It was in the group buy last year and I already had Syntronik. It was part of my freebie to get Syntronik Deluxe as they were not doing upgrades.   Anyway it just seems strange to me but it is
IK after all 😆

Syntronik Deluxe is an upgrade from Syntronik.  It contains the Synths
that are missing from Syntronik..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Syntronik Deluxe is an upgrade from Syntronik.  It contains the Synths
that are missing from Syntronik..

Then I'm reading it wrong. Also in my account for Syntronik Deluxe it has all 22 synths to download if want to again.

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Nope...this was from almost 2 years ago...they never go away...LOL

My unused promos went away about 6 months? after that last GB ended.
and the ability to download the various soundpacks/libraries expires.

Edited by TheSteven