IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

Just now, fitzroy said:

That $299 tier would become the $199 tier for many items (not all, for example not T-Racks 5 Deluxe) , once you make a qualifying purchase at $99. The MODO's, Sampletron, Syntronik, Amplitube, would all be in that tier. So you'd have access to them with that second $199 crossgrade purchase. 

That's true...in that aspect...I understand what you're saying, so yes that would be good way to go!

If you want to do that even cheaper...buy 300 gear credits for $224.99 minus 30% Jampoints,
If you have them, would = $157.49 so you could spend 100 credits on a $99.99 product,
and then the remaining 200 credits on a $199.99 product making the entire outlay $157.49
for $300 worth of products AND get 2 x FREEBIES!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

PLUS....DOUBLE THE FREEBIES!

15 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

In the context of the group buy, you'd gain a $99 item (plus however many freebies will come with it) by going $99 + $199 instead of $299. 

Looks like the $299 tier items that you can't get this way are: Syntronik Deluxe, T-Racks 5 Deluxe and Miroslav. Everything else should be available. 

And yes, with gear credits it's even better. 

3 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

That $299 tier would become the $199 tier for many items (not all, for example not T-Racks 5 Deluxe) , once you make a qualifying purchase at $99. The MODO's, Sampletron, Syntronik, Amplitube, would all be in that tier. So you'd have access to them with that second $199 crossgrade purchase. 

Yes, that's what I was getting at ... except, wouldn't the first purchase unlock the $199.99 tier?  So, my thought is for the first timers to jump in directly with $199.99 (which I can see could be ARC System 3 - software only).

Just now, ALC said:

Yes, that's what I was getting at ... except, wouldn't the first purchase unlock the $199.99 tier?  So, my thought is for the first timers to jump in directly with $199.99 (which I can see could be ARC System 3 - software only).

You have to make one purchase to unlock crossgrades, that's the point of a crossgrade. So you have to own something that unlocks the crossgrades first. As I was pointing out above though, you'd have to make sure that the system allows for this (i.e. that the crossgrade pricing is immediately available after that purchase), and also check with their upgrade/crossgrade checker for the qualifying items. 

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

You don't need to spend $199.99 to qualify for a crossgrade...only $99.99, so just buy a $99.99 product,
and you qualify for crossgrade pricing!

13 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Looks like the $299 tier items that you can't get this way are: Syntronik Deluxe, T-Racks 5 Deluxe and Miroslav. Everything else should be available. 

You can get Syntronik Deluxe as an upgrade from Syntronik, but of course, it would use up a freebie.  You can get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE.  If you're serious about orchestral instruments, I think there are better options out there than the full Miroslav.

Edited by ALC

Just now, ALC said:

You can get Syntronik Deluxe as an upgrade from Syntronik, but of course, it would use up a freebie.  You can get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE.  If you're serious about orchestral instruments, I think there are better options out there.

We're talking purchasing strategies here, taste doesn't matter :) (I don't care about Miroslav either). 

For Syntronik Deluxe, I'm not sure you'd get the upgrade price from Syntronik if the latter was picked up as a freebie. But then again, the difference is only a few synths, which  you could pick up cheap with a third group buy purchase at the $50 tier. And yes, this path probably ends with 'but what about buying 500 gear credits, and waiting for a Total Studio 3 Max sale where I'm allowed to use them'. 

14 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

You have to make one purchase to unlock crossgrades, that's the point of a crossgrade. So you have to own something that unlocks the crossgrades first. As I was pointing out above though, you'd have to make sure that the system allows for this (i.e. that the crossgrade pricing is immediately available after that purchase), and also check with their upgrade/crossgrade checker for the qualifying items. 

I'm thinking that the first purchase unlocks the crossgrade pricing for the freebies as well, but this would need to be verified.

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

You don't need to spend $199.99 to qualify for a crossgrade...only $99.99, so just buy a $99.99 product,
and you qualify for crossgrade pricing!

Then you're still spending $99.99 + $199.99 ... though getting 2x freebies.  If the first $199.99 qualifies one for the crossgrade freebies, then no need for the first $99.99.  So, some brave soul can try it, or the IK rep can weigh in.

7 minutes ago, ALC said:

I'm thinking that the first purchase unlocks the crossgrade pricing for the freebies as well, but this would need to be verified.

Then you're still spending $99.99 + $199.99 ... though getting 2x freebies.  If the first $199.99 qualifies one for the crossgrade freebies, then no need for the first $99.99.  So, some brave soul can try it, or the IK rep can weigh in.

Yes...the $199.99 would qualify you for crossgrade pricing...so you are correct that there is no need for the $99.99 purchase,
but you'd lose the second set of freebies, and if I were a new customer I think that would be worth the $99.99 purchase, as
you could end up with 52 products for the price of 2 if this were to go all the way...IJS

Edited by cclarry

32 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you want to do that even cheaper...buy 300 gear credits for $224.99 minus 30% Jampoints,
If you have them, would = $157.49 so you could spend 100 credits on a $99.99 product,
and then the remaining 200 credits on a $199.99 product making the entire outlay $157.49
for $300 worth of products AND get 2 x FREEBIES!

Great idea, though new folks probably wouldn't have any JamPoints.

Remind me about the downsides ... was it that you can't transfer software purchased via gear credits (for those ever thinking of reselling)?

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

Just now, cclarry said:

Yes...the $199.99 would qualify you for crossgrade pricing...so you are correct that there is no need for the $99.99 purchase.

I don't think it works that way, though I may be wrong. If you're buying, say, the Arc 3 software for $199, Amplitube 5, for example, will not be available as a freebie, as it was $299 at the moment of your purchase of Arc 3. So a FIRST purchase of $199 would only get you freebies that are $199 or less at full, retail price. 

35 minutes ago, ALC said:

FYI ARC3 Software is $99.99 crossgrade price if you have already purchased anything at that price previously.

20 minutes ago, chris.r said:

FYI ARC3 Software is $99.99 crossgrade price if you have already purchased anything at that price previously.

If you already qualify for crossgrade prices, then you can just purchase at the $199.99 tier directly (AmpliTube, SampleTank, etc.).  ARC was the only qualifying product that I saw at the $199.99 price, without crossgrade.

2 minutes ago, ALC said:

If you already qualify for crossgrade prices, then you can just purchase at the $199.99 tier directly (AmpliTube, SampleTank, etc.).  ARC was the only qualifying product that I saw at the $199.99 price, without crossgrade.

Does Arc w/hardware give you a $199 credit?
I'm seeing it listed in qualifying purchases for $149 

6 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

ARC w/mic shows as $249.99 without crossgrade.

If you buy direct from IK, it'll be $149.99 for you, and give you in at the $149.99 tier.

Edited by ALC

8 minutes ago, ALC said:

No, this discussion is for those who haven't ever purchased from IK at the $99.99 level.  For those who have, they can have crossgrade prices.

No talking price but credit given at Group Buy - a $149 credit doesn't get you much more (if any more) than a $99.
If I can buy ARC w / mic for $149 and get a $199 credit in GB, for me, that may make it worth purchasing.

25 minutes ago, ALC said:

I mean you could enter at $99 with something that doesn't show any crossgrade price later, like TR5 Space Delay or an AT collection, and save $100. What you say makes sense if you wanted to join the GB with just a single entry at the $199 level directly, though.

21 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

ARC w/hardware is giving him $249.99... might be worth considering as he'll get the mic for $50 extra and complete the s/w with dedicated h/w.

Edited by chris.r