IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

2 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I'm sure this is covered somewhere (but I'm a lazy bus-turd) and the thread is 9 pages now...

If I buy MixBox can I choose ARC 3 (with the mic) as a freebie?
Or, IIRC from last year, must "hardware" be your/my first choice?

@cclarry and @Peter - IK Multimedia

TIA

t

No..but if you buy Arc 3 with the Mems mic you can something $150 as the freebie!

Hardware can only be used as the "Entry" product, and never as the freebie!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

I bought ARC 1 way back when (2011, upgraded to ARC 2 in 2012). Have used it ever since.

Many think its simply "magic dust", others swear by it.

Again, its always on in my studio.

The last update to ARC 2 was over 4 years ago, I'm off to make the buy I made the buy!

t

19 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

is this just  a waste of money?

I hope not...

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

@DeeringAmpsIf interested in Arc3 but also items in the $199 range (mixbox, etc), it's a little more expensive option but it may be effective getting into the GB with a $199 item, getting the software-only Arc3 as a freebie, and buying the microphone separately, e.g. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arcmic/?pkey=mems-measurement-microphone-for-arc-system (minus jampoints, plus shipping).

Btw, you mention having an older Arc already. Per the Arc3 manual, if you have an older Arc mic it is still supported in Arc3 (although the documentation does recommend the latest mems mic better than older arc mics or non-ik measurement mics)

• Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia I want to buy AT5 in the Group buy as a gift. Can I transfer it to someone? And then what about the Freebies (such as collections I already own)? Can they be transferred or do I have to transfer my paid for versions?

If you buy Amplitube 5 in the group buy it will not be saleable/transferrable until after 90 days.
And FREE Products from the Group Buy are NFR.  Products you already own are "greyed out" on 
the list when you go to select your Freebie.  So, the answer is mostly NO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

...it may be effective getting into the GB with a $199 item, getting the software-only Arc3 as a freebie, and buying the microphone separately

Question to anybody who knows, for sure, whether the MEMS that come bundled with the ARC3 boxed are specially calibrated for use with the dedicated software? IOW if I buy the MEMS and the ARC3 software separately, do I loose that last extra step of polish like a bundled mic calibration?

Edited by chris.r

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you buy Amplitube 5 in the group buy it will not be saleable/transferrable until after 90 days.
And FREE Products from the Group Buy are NFR.  Products you already own are "greyed out" on 
the list when you go to select your Freebie.  So, the answer is mostly NO

Indeed. You can only sell the items you bought but definitely not the one you use to get into the Group Buy as you’ll then lose all your GB freebies. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Question to anybody who knows, for sure, whether the MEMS that come bundled with the ARC3 boxed are specially calibrated for use with the dedicated software? IOW if I buy the MEMS and the ARC3 software separately, do I loose that last extra step of polish like a bundled mic calibration?

I don't think the MEMS is specific to the particular piece of software you download. The mic should come with a calibration file you load into ARC3. Note also that you do not need to use an IKM mic. ARC3 can use other measurement mics as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Indeed. You can only sell the items you bought but definitely not the one you use to get into the Group Buy as you’ll then lose all your GB freebies. 

that seems to make logical sense to me. other wise you will have  a mass dumping on KVR of people reselling IKM stuff they got as freebies..

53 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I don't think the MEMS is specific to the particular piece of software you download. The mic should come with a calibration file you load into ARC3. Note also that you do not need to use an IKM mic. ARC3 can use other measurement mics as well. 

I believe the calibration is built into ARC3 given the consistency of the MEMS mics.  Here’s an interesting read on the mics.  https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-ik-multimedia-arc-2-5-mems-test-microphone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1