IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I see that they've also flogged us on the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetic Collections,
which are $149.99, but NOT offered as a selection in the Group Buy, despite
a $149.99 registered product...you can only get the INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS @ $49.99 each...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

so my guess is, based on previous years.. it might get to 7,000 .. IKM should make it

Buy 1 Get 15 Free when 7,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 20 Free when 8,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 25 Free when 10,000 registrations are reached ??

70 so far 🙄

• Haha 1

I participated in this last year and it was great. I got some really nice instruments and sounds. Believe it or not, I don't even use half of what I got free. 😁  I am mainly focused on using the NI Komplete 13 Ultimate stuff.  But, I do love using the MOD Bass and the MOD Drums a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

The only one's that I don't have are the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetic Series new ones...which I really don't care about...
and the new Resonator, which isn't included, and the SampleTron II, which is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced as an upgrade
from one...which tells me that I can just wait for the next itteration of Total Studio Max and get them.

Had the Resonator been included I would have joined to get it, and used the freebies to get the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetic Series
...but as it stands now, not necessary

Same sit...  except lacking the latest Amplitube addons since last GB.
I'm sitting this one out unless they change things.

• Like 1

I think IK have released quite some stuff in last 12 or so months. Complexor, MixBox, bunch of Sampletank stuff .. a few others. So there could be lots of people that will jump in.

IIRC.. from previous years ,the VI GB was around 3500 and Pick and Mix around 7000. So I think 15 for 7000 seems fair @Peter - IK Multimedia we will do half the lifting for you on forums ... 🙂

I am gonna go praise the resonator ...  "yo.. dat thang is dope.. you gonna sound just like Jerry Douglas bro!!"   :0)

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, DrShelder said:

Used my license of SVX 1  from audioplugin and it works

How do you see it works? I registered my T-Racks5 SE from Avid and it did nothing 😓 (not even increment the counter on the page)

1 minute ago, Pollux said:

How do you see it works? I registered my T-Racks5 SE from Avid and it did nothing 😓 (not even increment the counter on the page)

That's considered a "Gratis" product and has no value so won't work for the group buy...

• Sad 1

NFR/free/giveaway items do not qualify, including the Art Deco giveaway, free products that come with other products/hardware (including our own hardware bonuses, AVID Pro Tool subscription bonuses, and similar).

Also, the tiers for 25 for the price of 1 are going to take a lot more heavy lifting than what I see here (Edit - I mean the proposed tiers I see here, that wasn't clear)... So for those who want/need the full 25 I'd get pushing :)

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, InstrEd said:

I never got Amplitude as a keyboard player. What use would it have for me as I don't play guitar.  Would I benefit from it. I have most of the other stuff  and for me it would probably be better to sit this group buy out.

If you play virtual guitar you could use a "clean" guitar VI and use Amplitube as the "Amp Section"...

• Great Idea 2

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you play virtual guitar you could use a "clean" guitar VI and use Amplitube as the "Amp Section"...

I never got that much into that Larry. I have tried and I just stink at it to be honest.  So I always pass on the Amplitube stuff. See lots of folks raving about it but I guess in my world of more orchestra type sounds I might be okay taking a pass.    Sorry Peter looks like you won't get my money this time around :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course if the group buy gets up to were I buy one and get 5 free, I could be tempted.  then I would be almost complete with IK-stuff then 😆

I'll wait and see especially with my daughter going off to college next week.  Have to see how the finances line up too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

I never got Amplitude as a keyboard player. What use would it have for me as I don't play guitar.  Would I benefit from it. I have most of the other stuff  and for me it would probably be better to sit this group buy out.

I guess you don't play Fender Rhodes? I usually think of them as paired up with Fender Twin amps. Some guitar fx - wah, fuzz, chorus, phaser, and so on. Depends on what kind of music you play. I think of Hammonds paired with Leslies. I'm not a keyboard player; I'm sure there are others.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

You could pretend to be Jon Lord and play the Hammond B-3X through a Marshall...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2