Tele & Tabla

mark skinner

I'm usually a couple of songs ahead of what I post , so I thought I'd post this instrumental  before finishing up the current one I'm on  I was playing around with some free midi instruments and came up with this. The cool and different thing for me was how I did the tablas. Just mouse clicking in piano roll listening to the different sounds , for some reason I turned on the built in CbB arpeggiator. I found I could drag some of the drum hits out several measures and some very short hits and come up with some interesting stuff. I put in some draw bar organ sections and built the tabla track Very quickly. Easy to manipulate in PRV "until" you do a bounce to clips. Then the screen becomes a confusing mess. I think this would work better with better VSTI percussion instruments. Anyway I hope you enjoy it . All suggestions are welcomed , I think I'm going to keep it.   mark     Link now reflects a remix with bass improvements.  Thanks for the listen and help.     mark

Edited by mark skinner
Remix
  • Like 2

Oh Yeah . . . of course you're going to keep it ! Nice one, and thanks for describing your creative "digital" process . . . the end result sounds like some folks just jamming with a great feel. I was listening close, and don't think you repeated many guitar patterns, just a free for all  . . . very relaxing piece.

• Like 1

@noynekker @steve@baselines.com "Thanks" for the comments and support. I Really had a good time doing this one , even the tedious TTS brush stuff. Seems like the guitar just fell into place , that's pretty unusual for me. I usually just play what I can and try and make a melody out of it , but this time I could hear it before playing.    Thanks .. mark

@Miguel Carzola @PhonoBrainer @Bajan Blue Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I'm also feeling the bass is a little lacking listening closer after your comments. I didn't notice it at all beforehand . Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try and address it when my pc gets out of the shop. I'm down for the count right now.  It has been nice though just sitting down and playing without recording.   Later ..  mark

I do love me a bit a of Tabla,  I do hope you took your shoes off to play the Tabla bits, very disrespectful not too you know.

This has a very westernised feel to the Tabla as it tends to remain the same, were in Asian Tabla the patterns change as the music progresses. 

I did enjoy to the end @mark skinner very fluid and engaging track. :) 

• Like 1