Bandlab crashing

Larry Novik

Crashing when I open a file that has WAVES plugin also.  I've called Waves rep and they have helped as much as they can.

The S-shot pic is the latest crash, since the CW by BL update. I am a long-time Sonar user. One interesting  trick (temp work-around) that I tried with success, is to open the file with my original Sonar Platinum. It opens with no problem.  Sometimes, after saving in that older version, it has opened without issue, in the newer Cakewalk version.  Not sure if this can work on all previous versions though.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 065427.png

On 4/22/2019 at 10:04 PM, Robert Bone said:

Hi Bob , Many thank you for your answer, in that project i have many VSTi plugins, until now with the first 5 i can open the project without crash,
i have to re-open the project until i find the bad one ! i'll let you know which is ;)
I think to have only 64-bit plugins but i check also that thing 

In the screenshot i've made you will find the error i attach here :
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah3m8-J4rpDFgZVnkB1aEVPytlPwwA employee monitoring

if it's still relevant
I cannot update exactly Cakewalk. I have windows 10 pro, now I have the penultimate version, when I try to update, nothing happens

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Sean Kinnane said:

Cakewalk crashes when you add too many vsts...nothing you can do...you just have to go over the parts you lost.Hey as least you will get plenty of practice on your guitar

So how many do you call « too many » ?

Even if Cakewalk crashes, the recorded audio will still be on your HDD.

J

Edited by Jeremy Oakes

Cakewalk crash when i try to copy and paste from one miditrack to other midi track, it's impossibel to work, i try without plugins or vsti, only working with external midi devices, this occur after update the last version. Only 2 midi tracks it crash.

Checking the bug, crash when i use the Crtl+alt+V shortcut, if i dragg the clip to copy don't crash.

Ok it crash when i select paste in existing clips when the paste windows appears, if i select new clips don't crash.

Edited by Jordi
new test to check the bug
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordi said:

Cakewalk crash when i try to copy and paste from one miditrack to other midi track, it's impossibel to work, i try without plugins or vsti, only working with external midi devices, this occur after update the last version. Only 2 midi tracks it crash.

Checking the bug, crash when i use the Crtl+alt+V shortcut, if i dragg the clip to copy don't crash.

Ok it crash when i select paste in existing clips when the paste windows appears, if i select new clips don't crash.

@Jordi - thanks for the report.  I've found the cause of the crash and it'll be fixed for the next drop.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...