Help Using Asio With Motu M4

Matthew Lanni

Question

4 answers to this question

For low latency, performance running the MOTU ASIO driver and interface are your best solution.

the DAW uses one ASIO driver at a time.

As the interface using the ASIO driver handles all I/O.

You could try other driver modes and the internal sound chip to use speakers connected to the computer.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

For low latency, performance running the MOTU ASIO driver and interface are your best solution.

ASIO hosts use one driver at a time.

As the interface using the ASIO driver handles all I/O.

You could try other driver modes and the internal sound chip to use speakers connected to the computer.

So I wouldn't be able to use the M4 input and my computer output at the same time?

No. 

I have an M4. You have made a good investment but the next purchase should be proper studio monitors that will bring your home studio up to standard. 

The  solution in the mean time is to use headphones or plug the computer speakers into the Motu's headphone jack with an adaptor. 

You could also use the 1/2 RCA outputs with yet another type of adaptor cable. I have a few of those myself. 4149mUZVitL._AC_.jpg

You defiantly want to stay with ASIO mode and use the audio interface ins and out's for using Cakewalk. 

Edited by John Vere

disable all other audio devices and speakers in your system - be it NVIDIA Graphic Audio, Computer audio (Realtek) in Control Panel and do as John Vere above said. By computer speakers do you mean the ones inside your laptop, or desktop the one in your computer monitor? Or stand alone speakers? I know with my laptop I use my Babyface and if I take it downstairs to use for some reason I have to enable, disable. But its the way to go.