Down and Out -- video

bjornpdx

Down and Out
Short video. A work in progress I think.

I had written the music a few years ago with the idea that I'd make a video showing early Sunday morning in Portland, OR. I had envisioned a nice peaceful story of people drinking coffee while strolling along the river. But times have changed.

I walked around downtown Portland early this morning and took some videos and pictures. There are still remnants from last year's riots here and there but at least the stores aren't all boarded up now. I should say the whole downtown area is not like the images I took, just a small section in the mostly older part of town. But it's sad to see the deterioration and the homelessness.

The music features the lya Efimov Duduk, one of my favorite VSTi but I don't use it that much.

Thanks for watching/commenting.

-Bjorn

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone
David, the voice is from a free sample library from Future Music Mag (I think) a few years. I think the artist's name is "Coady" judging by the name I gave the folder. And yeah, I don't go to downtown PDX much anymore either.

-Bjorn

• Like 1

Have to say Bjorn this is far to close to my heart. You have captured so much in your film ( The really cool car against a tent where people live homeless .. and no chance of the dream offered by b/s advertising, as one example ) This film/vid brought a tear ... hopeless and unachievable goals ... some deserve it others who work hard and fall without help don't  ... you got it all. 

I have listened to your stuff through many years  and you have always shown an eye for the love of this world and also it's failings .. well done old mate you got me and that's not easy, believe me 👌

Stay safe

Steve

• Like 1

Lynn, Thanks for the comment. Appreciate it.
Steve, Thank you. I had to stop and think about what you said and yeah, it really has been years getting together in this virtual place with you and several others. I think I know some of you better than my real life friends.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

This is cool  @bjornpdx The Duduk's sound captures the vibe and mood of the video so well, as ever you do make interesting and evocative music, do you think you could make this longer I suspect it's in there, you just need to use some of your magic to help it settle out of the ether.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:26 PM, DeeringAmps said:

at risk of violating the forum's TOS, our nation is in crisis

Not just yours, so sad to see the richest nations treating the people that make it that rich being treated so poorly.

• Like 1

Wow Bjorn!  Your pictures have captured volumes of words and make a compelling statement.  A person in a wheel chair sleeping on the streets - wow!  BTW, the composition of your pictures is very good and the music a perfect match.  This is an excellent piece of work and deserves recognition.