Total Novice Questions for PC build

Kamikaze

Price wise, now I have costed out a build it's cheaper to build, for an equivalent machine, and just a little extra gets you a stack more. When you look at the higher end desktops here, they seems to be targeted at gamers, and there is a big jump, due to graphics cards.

I placed my order with Phuong Vu a local branch I like as part of a bigger chain mostly based in HCMC, But they are the epicentre of the Covid 4th wave here, and so many of the parts are at stores that can't accessed. So I replaced the order with HanoiComputer, and Hanoi is is much better state, but supply chains are slow at the moment and the parts advertised weren't all stocked. We are receiving deliveries in Da Nang, but it's restricted and HanoiComputer doesn't trust it.

Covid numbers are relatively low here, but the government is diligent. Number are about the sam as Hanoi, but Hanoi is 8 times a bigger city. So Hopefully Hanoi will fully open soon, and delivery restrictions will here in a couple of weeks. 

Just have to sit tight. 

Amendments to my specs so far is now as 650W PSU, an Airflow version of the same case 4000D, a second fan (Which will be RGB simply because they are easier and cheaper to get her, same with the CPU fan, I just don't need to turn it on)  

Looking forward to a 24" screen, going from a  17" laptop. Got my first reading glasses about 2 months ago 

• 2 months later...

Yey! I did it. just installed Windows, so now time to set it all up.

16GB

1TB SSD

Feeling good.

On of the RGB fans isn't lighting up, so I'll have to take it in to the shop to find the error, but I just the RGB because they were cheaper and more available. You can't see them anyway, as the glass wall faces a wall, and the top vent has a raised coved fo my cats to sit on and not clod up the vent with hair, or use as a scraping post. .  

Thanks for you input Jack, helped get my straight from the outset. I also go a Gold+ 850W PSU, so should I get a graphics card in the future I've got some headroom. No interest in games, but Blender and Video editing could be really helpful making classroom resources. 

So glad I didn't go for an off the shelf.